Archived 2nd Hardlines shift ever later today - Any Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

I can haz pda?
Hello,

Well I've learned a lot so far and I have been put into some HL shifts for Black Friday week and would like to know if there is any tips for what to do first after clocking in and getting PDA and Walkie? Debating if I should say "This is "so and so" and I'm now on the floor" or should I just walkie or find the LOD or ETL-HL for tasks and assignment? ^.^

Thanks excited :)

Best answer:
Zoning
- Look at every item, working top to bottom (or vice versa) and do it on a per section (usually four feet) basis
- Cover all diamonds
- Turn all labels to face out
- Use grey dots (if you see one, the item in the location might not be correct)
- Don't move strays/foreign/re-shop to the appropriate aisle every time -- use your cart and leave items on the floor until you finish the aisle (some ETLs might not like this, maybe only do it after the store is closed)
- Organize your cart! Example: bottom tier = backstock, middle tier = strays and empty packages, hand basket = defectives, top tier = re-shop for your current department (this should be worked every time you change aisles if the items are within a five-aisle radius)
- Check multiple locations on the same aisle, don't leave holes if you have product on the shelf above/below
- Pegs are easy to zone, just use the grey dots
- You shouldn't need a PDA to tell if a product is in the wrong spot (most of the time the last five numbers are on the bottom left of the label, the assortment number near the UPC will be on the top right of label, and Target brands have DPCIs near the UPCs and sometimes on the front of the package)
- Know the department - zone where it gets shopped more first (if you have time to come back later) or last (if you only have enough time to get to each aisle once) - Example: Toys then Sporting Goods then Toys if you have time to go back
- Check empty endcaps for backroom locations, if none then pull from home, if no product - flex the endcap with like items, starting with d-code or NOP
- Zone clearance, please, just do it
- Remove grey dots in locations that have the correct item
- Always pull more than one item forward (minimum two, typically 3-4) - if everyone does this, the zone is maintained A LOT longer while being shopped
- Inventory control clips (round rubber things) on pegs should be pulled forward if there are few items on the peg - this greatly improves the look of a peg-heavy aisle

Returns/Re-shop/Strays
- If at all possible, get a PDA
- If you have a PDA, use RF Apps (NOP + toggle to Pricing, LOC, SUBT, etc.) - if you don't know why, you haven't used it enough
- Put the items in your cart yourself - you know how your thought process works more than other people, so you can work through the merchandise quicker (this is critical in HBA or Toys)
- If you don't have a PDA, park your cart near a price check machine (assuming you have the new ones that SF schemetics)
- Park your cart on an endcap, work all of the items within a five-aisle radius (three before, two after)
- Ask CIHYFS - chances are this isn't your first time working returns/re-shop, so you should be able to show guests where most items are
- Remove grey dots from empty locations that you are filling (some stores may not remove the dots if there is only one item, check with your Instocks or Hardlines Team Leaders)

CAF Push
- Fill your vehicle - if there are other vehicles with merchandise in nearby areas (or only a few items) you should grab them, you will save yourself time and effort
- Use the smart labels (that might not be the official term) that is on every single box - it tells you the DPCI, SF schematic, and item name
- Push your vehicle, don't pull it
- Don't stack your vehicle too high, running over a guest is a bad thing
- Learn your backroom (where different departments get backstocked, where to keep empty vehicles, etc.) - this makes backroom TMs' lives a lot easier
- Combine your backstock with nearby backstock vehicles, don't just throw a pink clip on it and walk away
- Keep your vehicle organized - separate backstock as you work, break down boxes, put trash (see: C/D blocks) in an empty box
- Don't overstock - the accumulator isn't perfect, please don't make it worse
- Remove grey dots from empty locations that you.
This is from a high volume store, other stores may function differently.

Edit: added a few more items.

My gut feeling tells me that multiple work center shifts where let's say I'm working 10AM to 2PM in one area and then another area 2:45 to 6:30 where that 45 minutes between them is my unpaid 45?

If you are new, you probably won't get the hard hit areas like Electronics.

- If you are opening, you arrive at your store and witness a mob of guests winding around your store.
- You make a made rush into the breezeway...making sure now guest starts asking you questions or trying run in.
- You clock in
- You probably will not get a PDA or walkie. You may just have to get an assigned break time.
- You will have to check in with you ETL/TL to find your day's section.
- Walk the running track and look at any map to see where all the door busters are at.
- You will probably will be given an area to zone with a flat or tub of door busters to man.
- When the doors open, guests will flood the store. So the first 30 minutes is all about crowd control (pointing guests where to go for certain items).
- Report any incidents to AP and ETLs immediately. Yes expect guests fighting each other.
- Have a tub item in hand at all times.
- Its best to keep some note cards with you so you know what popular items are located where and if find out if they run out.
- Once your tub/flat is empty, push it to the back. And have the backroom team refill you, get another tub of items, or start on straightening the zone.
- No holding items, no rain checks, no exploring the backroom for certain HotWheels or action figures in variety boxes just because the guest is looking for this certain GI JOE with the Kung Fu grip or Barbie Doll.

- If you decide to shop on your breaks. Make sure to where a non-red hat and jacket/shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back