Archived $35 Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSFun

Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!
It looks like Target silently raised the minimum threshold for free shipping from $25 to $35. It would have been nice if they told us, so we can keep guests informed and not look like idiots when we tell them something will have free shipping when it actually doesn't.

freeshipping.jpg

It looks like Target silently raised the minimum threshold for free shipping from $25 to $35. It would have been nice if they told us, so we can keep guests informed and not look like idiots when we tell them something will have free shipping when it actually doesn't.

View attachment 3287

They are taking giving their information through their new format, duh... "Guest first"

Then Team Members.

Wait, what do you mean its been 25? As far as Ive known its been 50 for free shipping??

Or just get prime and get free shipping on everything. That's what I tell people who complain

$35 is fair. I'm surprised it's not $50. Doesn't matter though..if you like Target enough to shop on our website, you probably have a redcard. It's one of my main selling points for the redcard too.

Wait, what do you mean its been 25? As far as Ive known its been 50 for free shipping??
They changed it a few years ago.

$35 is fair. I'm surprised it's not $50. Doesn't matter though..if you like Target enough to shop on our website, you probably have a redcard. It's one of my main selling points for the redcard too.
$35 is definitely fair. In fact, it's the same amount Walmart has set...

I know it's not really a big deal overall, but the lack of communication is frustrating with Target wanting us to talk up Target.com to the guests. At least a few times a week, I'll have a guest ask about a product that's out of stock and if it's over $25 I tell them they can order it on Target.com and get free shipping.

Yea, I don't think that number is a problem, but now I'm wondering how many times I've been a liar because I didn't know it changed.

They changed it a few years ago.
I'm confused af I've been here for not even 2 years and me and the mobile TM both remember it as being 50,,,,recently

Everything I know has been a lie

I'm confused af I've been here for not even 2 years and me and the mobile TM both remember it as being 50,,,,recently

It hasn't been 50. I will give my gstl some credit she told us the change in a huddle but it's clearly trying to twist peoples arm into getting the red card.

Yea, I don't think that number is a problem, but now I'm wondering how many times I've been a liar because I didn't know it changed.
I'm pretty sure it just changed today.

It might have been January 2016. I think it was after the end of a holiday promo for free shipping with no minimum purchase requirement.

Don't forget the fine print. Some large/heavy items (I'm guessing furniture, some safes, gazebos, etc.) get charged a "handling fee."

From the Target website:

"A handling fee may apply if an item requires special care during shipment. "

Last edited:
I've had furniture (90+ lbs) shipped from Canada and it's been free shipping/no handling so I'm not sure what the threshold is that would require a handling fee.

Saw this communicated a week or two ago, so not so hush hush. Also many people dont seem to know if you apply and are approved for a red card those guests get that 10% extra off coupon in the mail with their card.

Don't forget the fine print. Some large/heavy items (I'm guessing furniture, some safes, gazebos, etc.) get charged a "handling fee."

From the Target website:

"A handling fee may apply if an item requires special care during shipment. "
I bought a five foot stuffed animal dog from target.com, and that would have charged an extra 20 dollar fee as an oversized item if I hadn't had it shipped to store instead. Even though it's like 5 pounds

This was on redwire or workbench, I think...just read this, can't remember where. It's meant to offset shipping costs and bring the minimum in line with competitors.

Something else new that I noticed today, Target.com now has a minimum $25 spending threshold on certain items to be able to ship them at all.
25min.jpg
It looks like it mostly applies to grocery items. When you add them to your cart on Target.com, it won't let you check out unless you spend a minimum of $25 or change those items to store pickup. However, the iPhone app makes no mention of this and for now still lets you buy those items normally.

Here is the fine print from the help section:
What is the $25 minimum purchase threshold? said:
Lower priced items are often cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. The $25 minimum purchase threshold allows us to offer a broader range of items for shipping, including smaller, more convenient sizes.

Select items on Target.com may be noted “only ships with $25 orders.” When purchasing these items, your cart must have a merchandise subtotal of $25 or more before the order is eligible for shipping. Your REDcard discount, promotions, gift wrap, tax, shipping, and handling charges will not be included in determining your merchandise subtotal. While applying promotions and discounts may allow your cart total to fall below $25, you’ll still be eligible to receive shipping on these items.

If you’ve added items to your cart that only ship with $25 orders, messaging within the cart and checkout pages will share your progress in meeting the threshold and provide options for alternate fulfillment methods such as Order Pickup. To reach the $25 minimum threshold, you can increase the quantity of items in your cart or add additional items to your cart. If available, you can also select Order Pickup to avoid having to meet the minimum threshold.

If your cart doesn’t meet the $25 threshold, you can still place your order for eligible-to-ship items. To proceed with checkout, items that only ship with $25 orders will need to be saved for future purchase by selecting save for later next to the item in your cart.

Some items noted as “only ships with $25 orders” may also be eligible for subscription orders. When these items are purchased using our subscriptions program, the $25 threshold doesn’t apply. If you choose the one-time purchase option for these items, the $25 threshold applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back