Archived 4X4's??? How are they handled in your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the dept is allowed to get in that bad of shape. Crazy the way mgmt chooses to see/ignore things.

Do you have a brand TM for shoes? When we had one at my store, shoes was at least passable most days. Ever since my ETL-SL eliminated the position, it's a disaster 24/7/365.

No Brand shoe TM. Nobody ever stays long in the position because every time they are scheduled to work shoes, they get pulled to cover something else, then get hassled later about the mess in shoes. Can't "own" an area if you're never given any time in it.

Huddle project one day this week was to 4x4 shoes. Department was a mess so it took over an hour for about 15 of us. Horribly overstocked so we ended up with 4 over-flowing vehicles of backstock which will need to be subt9999'd. BR TL was just thrilled when I rolled them back.

I don't understand why the dept is allowed to get in that bad of shape. Crazy the way mgmt chooses to see/ignore things.

I do that every week I scan for in-stocks.. Our overnight crew is a bunch of fuckwits who can't read, combine that with a ETL and TL that didn't want back stock since that took time and dayside CAF pushers who don't know the difference between a PTM and POG labels, shoes was screwed. I fix what I can and argue the point when I can. Its gotten better and imagine since I have been cleaning it up sales have gotten better. Also having the ETL and TL move on and destroy other stores.. Shocking when a guest can find something they buy it.. :confused:

Huddle project one day this week was to 4x4 shoes. Department was a mess so it took over an hour for about 15 of us. Horribly overstocked so we ended up with 4 over-flowing vehicles of backstock which will need to be subt9999'd. BR TL was just thrilled when I rolled them back.

I do that every week I scan for in-stocks.. Our overnight crew is a bunch of fuckwits who can't read, combine that with a ETL and TL that didn't want back stock since that took time and dayside CAF pushers who don't know the difference between a PTM and POG labels, shoes was screwed. I fix what I can and argue the point when I can. Its gotten better and imagine since I have been cleaning it up sales have gotten better. Also having the ETL and TL move on and destroy other stores.. Shocking when a guest can find something they buy it.. :confused:
A few years ago when I was on instocks we did have a great Brand TM that I partnered with. She'd zone the night before I scanned. Shoe sales went up 30%. Like you said, amazing what happens when the product is on the shelf. That Brand TM quickly became the flow TL and I moved to the PA position.

No Brand shoe TM. Nobody ever stays long in the position because every time they are scheduled to work shoes, they get pulled to cover something else, then get hassled later about the mess in shoes. Can't "own" an area if you're never given any time in it.

QFT

----

Hmmmm... so let's roll out Viper.

/sarcasm

We have 2 TM's that ONLY do 4x4's all day.. Well, that's what they call it anyway. All they do is 'super zone' to pog (I laugh at this because they don't check DPCI's). They don't scan outs, check sale signs, look at capacities or even push to alternate locations when the home is over stocked. My leadership literally took two cashiers and made them non-cashiers without providing SF training. Sorry if I could overly bitter; the amount of backstock they bring back is asinine.

All they do is 'super zone' to pog (I laugh at this because they don't check DPCI's). They don't scan outs, check sale signs, look at capacities or even push to alternate locations when the home is over stocked.

There's only so much you can do when backroom, plano, pricing, and instocks have all the PDAs.

All they do is 'super zone' to pog (I laugh at this because they don't check DPCI's). They don't scan outs, check sale signs, look at capacities or even push to alternate locations when the home is over stocked.

There's only so much you can do when backroom, plano, pricing, and instocks have all the PDAs.

Oh, no.. They always have at least 1 device as their task is pretty highly regarded in my store. There has been days where they beat me to the closet and they had gotten the last PDA. The fact that I'm backroom wasn't enough for them to relinquish it.

I saw the 4x4 thread someone else posted and I've been getting thrown them sooo.

My typical 4x4 process consists of scanning empty shelf space to see if we have any in the BR and scanning product that we have 1-2 out on the floor. Put grey dots up, remove grey dots that aren't needed.
I don't scan things where it's shelf space is full.
Put away things that don't belong.
I request batches for items we have if there is only 1-2 on the floor. Beyond that, I try to zone where necessary.
I'll do a super zone if the 4x4 area is relatively small but yesterday they told me to 4x4 the entire C block (housewares) so I was unable to super zone it.
I don't check if sale signs are set but if I see a few laying around I'll obviously set them.
I don't print labels for missing signs but I probably will with the next 4x4 I get thrown at. Only encountered 2 missing labels in the 5 or so 4x4s I've done.

I've been unable to complete my 4x4's this week because the store is short staffed being January and all. I was backup cashiering a good amount this week and they threw me on pulls after our pulls guy called out twice this week.

It's not the ideal way to 4x4 but I feel like I'm racing time to complete them or I'd do a more thorough job. A 4x4 in a few aisles will typically take me 3 hours to complete if I do it neatly.

Last edited:
At my store we had been doing these during our morning huddles. Now they are going back to having sales floor TMs doing these outside of the huddle. Right now I think it is though, due to payroll and call-ins (our store is not filling any of these). Also my supervisor has said that we may need to use our fitting room TMs to complete. That is fine, except when they barrow our fitting room TM to cashier to cover a for someone that called in.

What 4x4 walks...

Twice a month the STL and some ETLs might decide to go zone an area... but that's only because either the DTL or group lead is making them send a pic on twitter, otherwise the store hasn't been zoned since before Thanksgiving.

Every section done to the 2 week schedule (though no area is ever finished, so started starting at one end one time, the other end the other time). Not sure why I'm using present tense. Was :)

Scanned all labels to ensure right product was in right place at right price. Printed new labels where needed (or new flyer/TPC tags). Super-zoned to Plano. Check all dates, remove expired. Dust/clean shelves. Create pulls for lows and outs. Grey dots for 0 on-hands, remove incorrect dots (and first part of audit, ETL would scan dots and empty non-dotted sections to ensure this was right). Create research requests where on-hands looked (or had to be) wrong.

This, necessarily, was significantly more time consuming than the charmingly naive 'Each 4' section should take about a minute'. Try scanning every label in under 3 mins, never mind actually doing anything....!

My stores policy is to dictate out 4x4's during particular times when there is no time to do them.. I often get mine when I am smack dab in the middle of opening Market, or am just about to start doing the order, or when I have 6-7 pulls to do (which is every hour).

I am in charge of the 4x4 process at my store, I am the Logistics TL. Each department and brand team member(if applicable) is assigned a section of their department they have to do daily. Brand team members tend to have set schedules at my store, so it is easy to make sure they aren't assigned for days they are not there. At the end of the shift, they are to turn in their 4x4's to their respective TL/ETL or myself to glance over. At the end of the week, or during free time I'll audit the 4x4's to ensure they were actually done. Occasionally this involves having their TL's follow up, or if it is a recurring issue, I partner with that team member to make sure they understand the process. Almost 100% of the time it is just confusion and not knowing what to do that leads them to randomly fill out the sheet. If anyone has any questions regarding the process feel free to ask :)

In my store instocks have been completely pulled to only do this. It's all I do for my entire shift until they tell us to do some SPU which is horribly backed up since instocks usually does it the correct way. Finished a full 7 hours of zoning, cleaning, flexing, and printing flip labels.

Does anyone count resets as 4x4s? Meaning if you reset an area to a new POG or revision it and have to clean, demerch, label, and restock/sign it?

Does anyone count resets as 4x4s? Meaning if you reset an area to a new POG or revision it and have to clean, demerch, label, and restock/sign it?
Resets are not 4x4s, but the goal of a 4x4 is to get it as perfect as a fresh reset. So in a way they are.

Can someone please explain what a 4x4 is? We didn't use this terminology in my old store. Thanks.

Can someone please explain what a 4x4 is? We didn't use this terminology in my old store. Thanks.
In my store it was done after huddle and consitied of using the research function on the mydevice to scan outs and putting a grey sticker next to the shelf label, zoning to planogram, making sure there's no expired ad signs, and back stocking any overstocked product.

We also would note or fix any issues - such as 3 x 5 display signs that are missing, missing ISM, missing displays, etc. Plus fill any product that had a dual location... dvds, cds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back