Archived 4X4's??? How are they handled in your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one person Monday thru Friday scheduled in log zone that does several aisles for 4 hours. There's a binder showing what aisles should be done every day for two weeks, then the two week schedule is started over.
I'm jealous! Although, I would definitely be getting sent to work pulls or zone BTS.

paper work just fill out the paper work and saya what needs fixed and how you fixed it. Whether you actually do what you said you did doesn't matter it will get trashed in 24 little hours anyway.

Target needs to have a designated "Zone Team" who go around and zone the entire store that is what they do for 8 hours just zone, no guest first, no talking to guests, no caf pushing, no cleaning up spills.... just ZONE. get them red T shirts that say "Target Zone Team" ... I can dream can't I.

paper work just fill out the paper work and saya what needs fixed and how you fixed it. Whether you actually do what you said you did doesn't matter it will get trashed in 24 little hours anyway.

Target needs to have a designated "Zone Team" who go around and zone the entire store that is what they do for 8 hours just zone, no guest first, no talking to guests, no caf pushing, no cleaning up spills.... just ZONE. get them red T shirts that say "Target Zone Team" ... I can dream can't I.
Not with the guest focus Target these days. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind helping guests, it's what we are all here for, but ha, not going to happen. It wouldn't be so bad if they would give the stores enough people at night to zone like they used to. They would have one person in each section, now it's like 1 SL and 1 HL and 1 Elec, and LOD and that's it. No wonder our store looks like crap everyday...

If they want a dayside zoning team why don't they just create it. Or since Instocks is a big focus make that team bigger and have them zone, rsch, and fix signing instead of having them push trucks and making them the soa (save our a$$) team.

Who says we don't do that now? We have to or we could never scan anything. We still are the "Save your Ass" team on top of it all.

I personally bullshit mine, to impressive levels.

I had to do last week's 4x4 by myself (I'm the CTL), because they keep scheduling me 8 am "mid" shifts, and I'm told not to utilize any salesfloor tms besides my own. I did exactly what I told my team to do: lie your ass off and just generally describe the aisles. Spend no more than three minutes per aisle, unless it's absolutely wrecked and isn't vendor product. Write, "over stock", "improperly flowed product" and "needs to be fronted" in overall themes. Forge my signature, scribble something in the audit section and be done with it.

In my defense, I do audit and walk after the 4x4s, but LoD always wants them done at some ungodly busy hour (for grocery tasks) or wants them done immediately. I trust my team's judgement on "is this bad enough to make a guest not want to shop here?" calls per aisle.

My store has been doing this for 2 months now. At first it sucked but now some of us just use it as an op to talk to our friends. It suppose only be 20-30 min max

crazy how each store interprets the 4x4 process. we do it every day of the week except sat and sun. and the whole store except logistics has to participate.. even sft, ap al execs and cashiers. honestly it does help the closing team but it sucks to take that extra time away from everyone. ours last from 1hour to 1 and a half hours

crazy how each store interprets the 4x4 process. we do it every day of the week except sat and sun. and the whole store except logistics has to participate.. even sft, ap al execs and cashiers. honestly it does help the closing team but it sucks to take that extra time away from everyone. ours last from 1hour to 1 and a half hours
Such a waste of time. Glad POG and pricing and any other special kind of team doesnt have to do this at our store. Salefloor TM, TL does ours. and Electronics does theirs on Friday. POG has no time to waste. They want us to set Cosmetics transition a week early!

If we still had an overnight team, I'd be begging for this. Give me an 8 hour overnight shift and I can deep-zone and backstock (with subt999 because that shit is not coming out in the next day cafs).

UGH.

If we still had an overnight team, I'd be begging for this. Give me an 8 hour overnight shift and I can deep-zone and backstock (with subt999 because that shit is not coming out in the next day cafs).

UGH.

YES. Is it sad that I would enjoy doing that?
No, I bet there are a lot of us that would love to do that. Somehow, someway after everything we've all been through we still care.

We had a Tina visit. She asked numerous TM's what their definition of "4x4" was. No one knew.

I'm sure our leadership got reamed for that one.
That happened at my store too. We all know how to do 4x4s and such, but no one was quite sure what the actual meaning of "4x4" was, so we weren't sure what to say.

4x4 basically means to do one 4 foot section at a time and make it perfect, which includes power zone, label maintenance, missing signs, missing displays, and cleanliness. And the reason for this is to improve instocks, which will drive sales.

The past 2 days our store had a all team 4x4 blitz after huddle which can turn into almost a hr or more doing 4x4's in a department each day. Im on a speciality team so each minute counts to finish our workload or we will be here late. Our STL said its not a store thing that is a company thing to blitz it out. I don't believe that, I know 4X4's are back but I want to know how and who are doing them.
We also do 4x4s at huddle, but only spend 15 or 20 minutes on them regardless of if we are done or not.

wednesday we spent from 7 - 8am pushing the truck, then from 8 - 9:40 doing smart huddle in sofltines, super zoning

wednesday we spent from 7 - 8am pushing the truck, then from 8 - 9:40 doing smart huddle in sofltines, super zoning
I would love for this happen in my store.
I hope your joking... maybe not.. sure its great for the salefloor less zoning etc.... but for my team on plano its terrible... im so far behind i lose 2 and half hours every day x my whole team so sometimes i have 6 + people ... yeah not good

Huddle project one day this week was to 4x4 shoes. Department was a mess so it took over an hour for about 15 of us. Horribly overstocked so we ended up with 4 over-flowing vehicles of backstock which will need to be subt9999'd. BR TL was just thrilled when I rolled them back.

I don't understand why the dept is allowed to get in that bad of shape. Crazy the way mgmt chooses to see/ignore things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back