Archived 7 AM Truck unload

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH...MY....GOD :suicide2:

What is this...I dont even..........

HOW. How is that even possible. So all the pulls arent even pulled til like 9? And then they need to be worked out still. Lets not forget pfresh as well. Also lol at having Ad team come in at 7 as well. My Ad team has 4 people on it and it usually takes them from 4-8 to get everything done since they have to scan everything in before even putting it up. I would just quit if that was my store

Pull triggers are changed, currently its at 30% for all items, its moving to 30% for ad items and 90% for non ad. with this being said one person can effectively pull the morning CAFs by themselves, afternoon CAFs i believe are from 1-7pm now.

Wow.. Wow.. So glad I got out of the store. I couldn't imagine doing plano during open hours, let alone flow... ugh how horrible. I knew Target wanted to be more like Walmart, but not that much more.

At my store, Flow comes in at 7 to do the truck. It all goes smooth and they help guests, answer calls in the areas they are working in, and do price checks for the cashiers. None of them seem to mind or have said anything. I have worked with them a few times and they do not seem to mind.

The store is an ULV, so maybe that is the difference.

Ours is going from O/N and moving to an early morning process....they are going to lose about 1/2 the team because they can't work around the hours (that is why a good many of them were working O/N to begin with)....Even beginning the transition has been bad for the backroom during the day, backstock has overrun us because they can't get to it before they leave, and they keep our hours so tight despite some rather massive pulls during the day that we can't get to it as closers, so it just adds up. Doing weekends with no more than 2 people at a time is not helping either......

If that's the case, everything is going to come off the truck and immediately be stacked on tubs and flats, and pushed to the floor. Within 15-30 minutes, all tubs and flats will be used up.

By policy, stores are not to have pallets, pallet jacks, rollcages, or anything mechanical on the floor during store hours.

Is Target Corp that much of a scrooge by trying to keep TMs from receiving O/N compensation.

Last edited:
we are no longer ULV (thank goodness--but i bet this will roll out to c vol before long).... How the heck are you supposed to all come in and do your jobs at 7am when there's NO EQUIPMENT for even the pog/unload tm to get equipment in the AM, nevermind the other teams who come in later. I have tm in softlines, shampoo, and cosmetics, and was told we have to share ONE PDA to set our crap, get our pulls done, backstock. now add in pricing, instocks, at the same time? disaster.
they pretty much screwed the ON compensation last year after pushing the teams back and making adjustments to the shift diff. i guess now they're going after the remaining sf full timers (if they still exist). will the sftl be closing every single night? maybe AE14--no sftl whatsoever. an lod can handle running things at night with no tl, especially in ulv.

I hope they are going to get you extra flats and tubs because I don't see any way this would work without doubling up on wheels.
For that matter I would hate to see the days when Plano, Instocks, Pricechange and flow are all trying to work in the same area at the same time.
That is going to take some very careful communication between the TLs.

we are no longer ULV (thank goodness--but i bet this will roll out to c vol before long).... How the heck are you supposed to all come in and do your jobs at 7am when there's NO EQUIPMENT for even the pog/unload tm to get equipment in the AM, nevermind the other teams who come in later. I have tm in softlines, shampoo, and cosmetics, and was told we have to share ONE PDA to set our crap, get our pulls done, backstock. now add in pricing, instocks, at the same time? disaster.
they pretty much screwed the ON compensation last year after pushing the teams back and making adjustments to the shift diff. i guess now they're going after the remaining sf full timers (if they still exist). will the sftl be closing every single night? maybe AE14--no sftl whatsoever. an lod can handle running things at night with no tl, especially in ulv.

There was a long stretch where we didnt have ANY TL closing and the LOD just let the salesfloor. Actually wait, its still like that about half the time lol

Just got the paperwork for it today, and unfortunately the time is 7:30am, not 7:00am for truck unload. LODS and Plano come in at 7am, backroom/flow/pricing at 7:30, instocks is at 9am now. The killer is telling us to schedule ad set up TMs at 7am on sunday.... legally we cant schedule people less than 3 hours, and it needs to still be done by store open, consider me baffled.
Thank you for correcting me. The real time is 7:30 I was mistaken.

So I get that ULV is doing this. So the D level stores have this rollout. What about those of us that are not high volume but are not ULV? Any changes there?

So we just announced to our team on Friday that we'd no longer be unloading the truck at 5:30 AM. Our STL wants more team members on the floor to help serve our Guests more efficient in the afternoon. The new time is 7 AM. I observed the team members expressions and could tell some of them weren't too excited for this new layout. My question to you guys is do any of you come in at 7 AM for Flow? What are pros and cons you've come across? A few other stores in our area have been successful with this strategy. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Our store is supposed to start this soon. We are part of a test that is happening at stores that do less then $25 million a year. Don't get down with the truck in a timely manner with a 6am unload time. Sounds great on paper, but in the real world not that is a different story.

There was a long stretch where we didnt have ANY TL closing and the LOD just let the salesfloor. Actually wait, its still like that about half the time lol[/QUOTE]

Same at my store. We just lost one SR TL. I kind of feel bad for the guy running all of hardlines, but oh wait didn't I dod that during the 4th quarter. Also this week one of the ETLs is gone house haunting out of state near his new store.

At my store, Flow comes in at 7 to do the truck. It all goes smooth and they help guests, answer calls in the areas they are working in, and do price checks for the cashiers. None of them seem to mind or have said anything. I have worked with them a few times and they do not seem to mind.

The store is an ULV, so maybe that is the difference.

While there a few flow at my store that do this with no complaint, most don't even know how to use a walkie or the red phones.

really, you get $2 more for working at walmart, ****, maybe I should apply to a flow team like position at walmart overnights for some extra cash haha[/QUOTE]

Did have a new hire say she could not come to orientation, as it conflicted with her schedule at her other job (Walmart).

Same at my store. We just lost one SR TL. I kind of feel bad for the guy running all of hardlines, but oh wait didn't I dod that during the 4th quarter. Also this week one of the ETLs is gone house haunting out of state near his new store.

Poor houses. What did they do to him that he has to haunt them?

There was a long stretch where we didnt have ANY TL closing and the LOD just let the salesfloor. Actually wait, its still like that about half the time lol

My store isn't ULV (we're C volume) and only 2 of the 5 weeknights a TL closes with the LOD. The weekends more often than not lack a closing TL. That's what happens when you only have 3 TLs on the floor (1 as a Sr who has a closing LOD shift).

What is happening with this company? Abandoning any sense of brand (oh okay, have your flats, pallets, tubs all over the floor and attempt to work a truck with guests around). Now we "vibe" instead of working together as a great team, we have less people to provide great service, and under schedule as much as possible. Not the "best company ever" so much anymore. -_-

I read on Share Point Archives a few months back that this is called the ULV Strategy. Several stores have been testing this for a year now. Some Highlights I shared with my team when I rolled it out this morning at the Huddle:

- $25mil/year or less.
- Push All on every truck
- Elandora's post about Teams starting at 7/7:30a are correct. Any scheduling prior to 7am requires DTL approval.
- SA Research goes to non-truck days from 9a-12p. Only RIGs after SA Research. Scans after 11a go to noon now.
- CAFs are 1p-7p on each hour.
- Elandora's post on triggers is correct too. Not sure if 1 person can pull the AUTOs but we are starting with 2-3 TMs in the BR to get them pushed out on time with the FLOW Team.

There is more so I will try to remember to get a copy of the script I didn't read to the team this morning at huddle and post later in the week.

We ARE 8 a.m. There are 2 super mega ultra low volume stores in our group and we are both now 8 am process stores. Test v2.0?

So here is a better breakdown of the Low Volume Strategy. Cliff's Notes from a 21 page internal:

The overall idea is to extend the hours TMs are on the sales floor while the store is open to provide better guest service while replenishing at the same time. Goal is integration of LOG team into SF and GS team. This is accomplished over the long term with heavy emphasis on cross training TMs in all work centers. Logistics TMs train on SF and GS to maintain hours and GS/LOG TMs cross over to FLOW/BR to keep hours. A lot of emphasis on getting everyone in the store cross trained to as many work centers as possible to add LOD's flexibility in scheduling/tasking.

- Total store payroll will not be adjusted for this.

- 4 solutions were/are being tested in 9 stores across the US. Atlanta, MO, and IN markets. Test was last fall and starting in April will role out to more ULV stores.
- Same info from my previous post on some solutions using 7:30 and 8:30 all push and Auto Pulls. Autos drop at 7:15/8:15.
- Somes stores go to Autos at 30% Ad/top 2500 and either 70% or 80% on every other Auto. Also includes true outs.
- CAFS go to 1) 1,2,3,5,6,7p drops or 2) 2-7p on the hour or 3) 1-7 CAfs on the hour. All CAF triggers go to 40-50% and High Volume CAFs drop twice. This reduces the autofill workload so more time can be spent. BR TMs can move to push truck earlier. CAF fill groups batch once per day with high volume (perishables, consumables, commodities) dropping twice.
- The real estate where we used to put the backstock/bulk from the PUSH from the truck will be used to expand the custom blocks. This allows for each vehicle or pallet to include less aisles, therefore eliminating footsteps.
- Some stores may go from 3 trucks/week to 2 (most likely Tuesday/Friday to better accommodate Ad/High sellers)
- pallets allowed on floor until 11a. Use black plastic pallets on SF and only have pallets on floor that the wave can actively push.
- Autofill workload will decrease significantly die to the trigger percent changes. This workload will adjust into the hourly CAFs. Two TMs from the morning shift will have to shift to the afternoon to cover the CAF shifts.
- All backstock completed by 1/2p.
- No more than 10 people should be scheduled to unload truck. This many TMs should be able to complete even the largest trucks in 1 hour and 15min or less.
- Use plastic pallets for priority 1 unload. Use wheeled vehicles for priority 2. Use 3 tier carts or shopping carts to simulate bowling from pallets down the aisles.

- LOD routines and schedules will require adjustments. This new strategy creates more flexibility for LODs in scheduling themselves and TMs.
- ETL meetings go bi-weekly.
- TL contributions go to quarterly.
- TL meetings go to monthly.
The point is for leaders to spend more time on the floor with team and guest.

- TMs are expected to cross train to other work centers to maintain their current average weekly hours if unable to adjust availability. ("Needs of the business" keeps coming to mind)

- 2 TMs, one of them a leader, comes in at 7/8a to set the line.
- 2 throwers, 7-8 on the line, 1 TL floating
- breakout and stocking team comes in 30-60 min after ACK.
- ACK truck and immediately start PUSH on PDA. Close when trucks complete to keep up DTK scores.
Basically, there is a lot of shifting of BR/POG TMs throughout the day. Moving TMs/Leaders to different areas to put out fires. Shift everyone in the building under all Logistics payroll to concentrate on specific task execution.

-Laughed at this one - Work transitions (POG workload) on non-truck days when transition workload allows. Use Presentation TMs for replenishment on truck days with higher than average FLOW workload. I don't know about other stores but most weeks, if our POG team isn't balls to the wall on getting transitions, revisions, and Price Changes done for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week, they don't complete that week's task load. I don't know how they could only do transitions on non-truck days unless they started coming in on weekends. And if they are only transitioning on non-truck days, using them to help push the truck is not ideal.

- LODs delegate PCV to TMs, which sucks if your stores are like mine and task list have been crazy high.
-HR chat sessions become less frequent.

- Coordinate SF and presentation teams to PTM and flex transition merchandise from the truck for small and medium transitions. For large transitions, sorting transition product is needed.

- Instocks starts after truck push to maintain data integrity. RIGs and PTM must be completed before 1/2p.
- There are graphics and charts. If anyone is interested, tell me how to upload photos here or I can PM.

Questions/comments?

So here is a better breakdown of the Low Volume Strategy. Cliff's Notes from a 21 page internal:

The overall idea is to extend the hours TMs are on the sales floor while the store is open to provide better guest service while replenishing at the same time. Goal is integration of LOG team into SF and GS team. This is accomplished over the long term with heavy emphasis on cross training TMs in all work centers. Logistics TMs train on SF and GS to maintain hours and GS/LOG TMs cross over to FLOW/BR to keep hours. A lot of emphasis on getting everyone in the store cross trained to as many work centers as possible to add LOD's flexibility in scheduling/tasking.

- Total store payroll will not be adjusted for this.

- 4 solutions were/are being tested in 9 stores across the US. Atlanta, MO, and IN markets. Test was last fall and starting in April will role out to more ULV stores.
- Same info from my previous post on some solutions using 7:30 and 8:30 all push and Auto Pulls. Autos drop at 7:15/8:15.
- Somes stores go to Autos at 30% Ad/top 2500 and either 70% or 80% on every other Auto. Also includes true outs.
- CAFS go to 1) 1,2,3,5,6,7p drops or 2) 2-7p on the hour or 3) 1-7 CAfs on the hour. All CAF triggers go to 40-50% and High Volume CAFs drop twice. This reduces the autofill workload so more time can be spent. BR TMs can move to push truck earlier. CAF fill groups batch once per day with high volume (perishables, consumables, commodities) dropping twice.
- The real estate where we used to put the backstock/bulk from the PUSH from the truck will be used to expand the custom blocks. This allows for each vehicle or pallet to include less aisles, therefore eliminating footsteps.
- Some stores may go from 3 trucks/week to 2 (most likely Tuesday/Friday to better accommodate Ad/High sellers)
- pallets allowed on floor until 11a. Use black plastic pallets on SF and only have pallets on floor that the wave can actively push.
- Autofill workload will decrease significantly die to the trigger percent changes. This workload will adjust into the hourly CAFs. Two TMs from the morning shift will have to shift to the afternoon to cover the CAF shifts.
- All backstock completed by 1/2p.
- No more than 10 people should be scheduled to unload truck. This many TMs should be able to complete even the largest trucks in 1 hour and 15min or less.
- Use plastic pallets for priority 1 unload. Use wheeled vehicles for priority 2. Use 3 tier carts or shopping carts to simulate bowling from pallets down the aisles.

- LOD routines and schedules will require adjustments. This new strategy creates more flexibility for LODs in scheduling themselves and TMs.
- ETL meetings go bi-weekly.
- TL contributions go to quarterly.
- TL meetings go to monthly.
The point is for leaders to spend more time on the floor with team and guest.

- TMs are expected to cross train to other work centers to maintain their current average weekly hours if unable to adjust availability. ("Needs of the business" keeps coming to mind)

- 2 TMs, one of them a leader, comes in at 7/8a to set the line.
- 2 throwers, 7-8 on the line, 1 TL floating
- breakout and stocking team comes in 30-60 min after ACK.
- ACK truck and immediately start PUSH on PDA. Close when trucks complete to keep up DTK scores.
Basically, there is a lot of shifting of BR/POG TMs throughout the day. Moving TMs/Leaders to different areas to put out fires. Shift everyone in the building under all Logistics payroll to concentrate on specific task execution.

-Laughed at this one - Work transitions (POG workload) on non-truck days when transition workload allows. Use Presentation TMs for replenishment on truck days with higher than average FLOW workload. I don't know about other stores but most weeks, if our POG team isn't balls to the wall on getting transitions, revisions, and Price Changes done for 8 hours a day for 5 days a week, they don't complete that week's task load. I don't know how they could only do transitions on non-truck days unless they started coming in on weekends. And if they are only transitioning on non-truck days, using them to help push the truck is not ideal.

- LODs delegate PCV to TMs, which sucks if your stores are like mine and task list have been crazy high.
-HR chat sessions become less frequent.

- Coordinate SF and presentation teams to PTM and flex transition merchandise from the truck for small and medium transitions. For large transitions, sorting transition product is needed.

- Instocks starts after truck push to maintain data integrity. RIGs and PTM must be completed before 1/2p.
- There are graphics and charts. If anyone is interested, tell me how to upload photos here or I can PM.

Questions/comments?

What in the legitimate mother ****? Is there going to be some ****ing "amazing" pay raises with this ****? What the ****!??!?!?! So basically stretch everyone to the bone doing the jobs meant for 4 team members so corporate can keep the money. Gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back