Archived 7 weeks and counting waiting for orientation call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my walk-in interview on October 12th, and was given a job offer. I accepted, then HR said I would be receiving an email about my orientation, which I was told to ignore. I call every other week asking when I’ll be called for my orientation date, but keep getting told, “They’re gonna finish calling people this coming week.”

I would think being hired for a seasonal position would include Black Friday, but that has come and gone. I’m really annoyed by this. I’ve been burning through my savings waiting to start working, and just want to know why it has taken almost 2 full months.

Sorry buddy. You didn't get a job. Try again next year

He was given a job, the job however can't get their act together and get his paperwork done.

OP, give up on these fools, trust me you don't want to work here. Apply other places, tell the store not to bother that is ridiculous that its almost two months to get you in the door. They wasted their time by wasting yours.

OP, give up on these fools, trust me you don't want to work here.
This. It takes them two months to get you into orientation, just imagine what a whirlwind of chaos working there would be. If there are other opportunities in a more organized company nearby, go for one. Good Luck!🍀

Used to work HR for a different company. Sounds to me like they don't really want to tell you "no way" and they're stringing you along in case enough people quit. I'm sorry, but it sounds like you weren't their first (or second or third) choice. Apply elsewhere, to several places. Even if you did get hired in now, you'd almost certainly be out of a job again after the first of the year when hours drop off a cliff.

You was likely given a conditional job offer pending a background check just like you would for any job at any company. Maybe that came back with bad news. Ask them that status when you call again.

I usually only ask a question when I don’t like the obvious answer....this must be one of those times for you.
My suggestion : give up, it’s too late, I doubt there are any more orientations until April. Like another poster said: since they put you on hold at all means you weren’t their first choice so you would not be kept when December is over anyway. Why take a job for 2/3 weeks ? Hard to hear. Sorry.

My first day when I was seasonal was December 4th. I was hired in the beginning of October :/ lol

I call every other week asking when I’ll be called for my orientation date, but keep getting told, “They’re gonna finish calling people this coming week.”

I would think being hired for a seasonal position would include Black Friday, but that has come and gone. I’m really annoyed by this. I’ve been burning through my savings waiting to start working, and just want to know why it has taken almost 2 full months.

Ask to speak directly to HR. If they job offered you, then they want you. If they haven't called you for orientation yet, then the hold up is most likely the background check (conducted by First Advantage). During seasonal hiring, these checks take longer, especially when courts are closed for the holidays. I have definitely seen some applicants take many weeks to clear which is frustrating for both HR and the applicant. HR can check your background check status for you so ask them about it. If you ask and hear that it still hasn't cleared, then you can decide whether to pursue another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back