Archived A bit confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StargazerOmega

Jack of All Trades - Front End
So, I put in a request for time off due to a family commitment coming up soon that was auto-denied. However, on the latest schedule I'm not scheduled for the days I requested off.
So my question is: Is it possible that someone saw it, but didn't get to it in time to approve it? Or did fortune smile down on me?

Just curious :)

Hmm, does that mean I didn't go about putting the request in correctly? I initially didn't think it was a bad thing that I wasn't working those days, since I had requested them off. Could it impact future schedules if I left it alone?

Fortune smiled down upon you! No impact on future requests. Your leader probably just didn't check requests in time, so it auto denied. For the future, ask your leader to check on your requests when you put them in.

OK, thanks! Not a big deal either way. Was just curious if a leader had possibly seen it after the window and thus didn't schedule me. :) I'll consider myself lucky this time.

There was no communication with their tl or etl when request was put in, originally. I have been auto denied, twice. That's when my etl at the time was too lazy to check their emails.

This may be true but it does not answer the question that was asked here. Also not everyone gets along with or is close to their tl or etl.

You put in the request right. Leadership just didn't approve it on time. Happens to me frequently even if I got verbal approval. Leaders check MyTime daily and get alerts so there should be no reason these requests are not getting approved or denied. What usually happens is they are unsure of coverage so the requests get pushed aside and often forgotten about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back