Archived A bit of a rant about putting my two weeks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just glad I found out now and can focus on searching for other jobs. And hopefully I won't be out of money. Just lost a couple hours out of my day but I guess that's why we do interviews to see if a company is right for us as well.

I wish I was smarter like the people that didnt show or stopped showing up. I called them scaredy cats, but now I realize perhaps they already knew what was going on.

But, whatever, I said if it didn't work out I'd become my own car salesman... as a side job. I'll probably be starting it later after the winter thaws. Start out with something easy and reliable like a Honda Civic, where parts are easily accessible and cheap, sell it, then do it all over again.

I wish I was smarter like the people that didnt show or stopped showing up. I called them scaredy cats, but now I realize perhaps they already knew what was going on.

I generally can catch these hiring scams even after I applied but really thought I had something here.

I generally can catch these hiring scams even after I applied but really thought I had something here.

That's the magic of faith and guarantee of money making. I was under that spell too lmao I have a whole 5 paragraph post about it LMAO

That's the magic of faith and guarantee of money making. I was under that spell too lmao I have a whole 5 paragraph post about it LMAO
I use to go these conventions that use to promise me money every week and these people would claim they made so much money (MLM). Then the speeches got old and I wasn't seeing the results so I got it out of it after several months of being sucked in. So I guess this little investment wasn't as bad as that one.

I use to go these conventions that use to promise me money every week and these people would claim they made so much money (MLM). Then the speeches got old and I wasn't seeing the results so I got it out of it after several months of being sucked in. So I guess this little investment wasn't as bad as that one.

Yeah, definitely a close call. I just went through the whole thing and found out it was kind of a sham. Honestly, I don't get why they do this whole training before being hired thing, it's kind of... bullshit? Maybe it's traditional in the Car Sales business, but it sure as hell isn't what the world is use to. It's either you're hired or not, and THEN you get training if you're hired. It's just meh.

Come to MN though we'll all start our own used car dealership :p

Come to MN though we'll all start our own used car dealership
Dibs on selling trucks! I'll demonstrate abilities by showing them this.
b118248cff3a61c617dadeac0cb037cbf600c7cee4acf5f42ebd3fce187a0401

Dibs on selling trucks! I'll demonstrate abilities by showing them this.
b118248cff3a61c617dadeac0cb037cbf600c7cee4acf5f42ebd3fce187a0401

Or as I like to call it... checking the E-brake to see if it's functioning.

Real shit, though. I'd love to get a group of guys together to pool some money together and do a dealership dealio. I was washing the Durango one day and I was just really thinking about how owning my own dealership would go. I'd focus on less bullshit, more selling, honest works creates honest profit. Might be a legitimate thing I'd consider doing 20-30 years later in life if selling cars as a side job goes good.

Or as I like to call it... checking the E-brake to see if it's functioning.

Real shit, though. I'd love to get a group of guys together to pool some money together and do a dealership dealio. I was washing the Durango one day and I was just really thinking about how owning my own dealership would go. I'd focus on less bullshit, more selling, honest works creates honest profit. Might be a legitimate thing I'd consider doing 20-30 years later in life if selling cars as a side job goes good.

That’s how every car dealership start.... and that’s how they never end. Carmax probably did the best job of it and ended up with salesmen who just make an hourly wage. I think you need to find the passion that drives you and implement that into a job or career

That’s how every car dealership start.... and that’s how they never end. Carmax probably did the best job of it and ended up with salesmen who just make an hourly wage. I think you need to find the passion that drives you and implement that into a job or career

Yeah, hourly wages in a sales position is just so poopy, though. I agree. I'm in the same boat with redcards, we're not paid to be sales people but yet we have to be. It's good knowledge and skill to know, but we just don't get rewarded for signing someone up, we might get a shout out over walkie... yippee lol. Pat on the back from the nearest ETL. "Great job, TTGOz!" and yeah it feels good but it's just like... meh.

Like I said, find a passion that drives you and make a career out of it. Sometimes it takes a few bumps and bruises to make it happen

Will do, coach. I'll follow my heart wherever it goes.

I never went back to the follow up but I did a little search on the guy who “interviewed” me and found his LinkedIn profile. Turns out he is just an independent recruiter and not employed by the dealership. I should have probably saw the signs when I wasn’t actually interviewing at the dealership. If only I had looked him up before the interview but lessons learned for the next opportunity that sounds too good to be true

No shame in working at the warehouse for a while. Been there and done that :) it's good money

I never went back to the follow up but I did a little search on the guy who “interviewed” me and found his LinkedIn profile. Turns out he is just an independent recruiter and not employed by the dealership. I should have probably saw the signs when I wasn’t actually interviewing at the dealership. If only I had looked him up before the interview but lessons learned for the next opportunity that sounds too good to be true

Yup, I do want to pursue car sales again, just sucks when the closest dealers are the same company I just dealt with, met every single sales manager and general manager of each.. and none of them wanted me. Perhaps if I'm ever in the mood to commute an hour or so every day or move to a new area, I would definitely try again. Car Sales is something I've been interested in doing for a while, but it seems absolutely no one believes I can sell... not even my store's electronic's TL. LMAO what am I not that soothing to the voice and not pleasant to look at?

I know I've bitched about it enough but the TM they hired over me is absolute shit. I hope she wishes she just had me cross train instead of hiring a fuck past his 90 days when he's absolutely useless. Never does zone, never does stray, never does his pulls, has shit AAR, and an overall shit attitude. I heard it from not one, not two, but three TMs back there, two of which are veteran TMs. Normally I wouldn't judge based on hear-say, but I've worked with him and gone to school with him. He's a geek, but he just can't do it. He's not cut out for it. I feel awkward saying that about a guy working in a retail electronic's center. Not everyone is a natural born sales person, but it helps if you can actually have an AAR.

Back on the topic of finding out who the guy was... I asked "Bob" for his last name and the agency he works for, but never got a call back or a text back. Well, at least that way you can confirm elderly/retired salesmen really did grow their career based on wasting people's times. I would have made a great, honest salesman. No bullshit, hell, when you're working off of volume not gross profit commission, what's wrong with giving people a reasonable, but good deal? You've got the sale, that's all that matters.
No shame in working at the warehouse for a while. Been there and done that :) it's good money

definitely not, it's a lot of work, though. I figure I might as well just stay with Target for the time being for school and possible tuition reimbursment, I haven't heard if that program is any good at all, though. I do think my dad's warehouse offers tuition reimbursement, too... but not sure. I applied there and haven't heard in two weeks. Oh well, no loss there for the time being.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back