Archived A bit of a rant about putting my two weeks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll be whatever you want me to be c;
How about being mine
giphy.gif

Just got a text from "Bob" that they won't be taking me in, good thing I was more than prepared. Dude's really cool though he's offering to put in a good word for me at other neighboring stores but I told him no because I'm going back to Target to do college and build my resume.

I think I got an offer. Things got serious that he had me pay for the car training program on the spot. I won’t start until December. I don’t have the experience but was impressed with my tenure. The manager saw something in me.

I think I got an offer. Things got serious that he had me pay for the car training program on the spot. I won’t start until December. I don’t have the experience but was impressed with my tenure. The manager saw something in me.

Just make sure you didn't pay for some bullshit training program to find out you're not even hired. I'd ask and make sure you're actually going to be brought on. But that's really good to hear. I'd still love to try again... "Bob" gave me a chance and said he could refer me to stores hiring but I told him I can't for the time being. Sure, I might regret it after a while, but there's no one that's gonna hire me to possibly make 80k a year with a resume as small as mine. There is one thing I can add now to Certifications and Skills... 3-day course in Car Sales, baby! I asked Bob what his agency is called but he hasn't replied lol.

Seriously, I have the knowledge to be a car sales man, now, I'm gonna put it to use somehow.

Last edited:
I have a follow-up on Thursday and the dealership has multiple locations. No word on placement but they will place me closest to my living location.

I have a follow-up on Thursday and the dealership has multiple locations. No word on placement but they will place me closest to my living location.
I'm just so tense because I don't wanna see you commit like I did just to be turned away. Might be good to ask any details like pay plans, when I start, am I even hired? etc.

I feel ya. I'm more worried about losing a job for something that just won't work then I am about paying for some training. Still boosts my confidence nonetheless. I would rather find out that a job is not a good fit before hand.

You have to pay to be trained, and no offer on the table??? What kind of work are you getting into?

You have to pay to be trained, and no offer on the table??? What kind of work are you getting into?

It's actually pretty common, if he truly is hired on, he's paying to get Sales Certified on a computer and he will probably be training under someone like I did, which is something you have to do I think. "Bob" had to pay for his training as well and he gets paid $5000 to go and teach want-to-be salesmen around the nation now... want-to-be salesmen just like me, and I didn't have to pay a single cent out of pocket.

It's actually pretty common, if he truly is hired on, he's paying to get Sales Certified on a computer and he will probably be training under someone like I did, which is something you have to do I think. "Bob" had to pay for his training as well and he gets paid $5000 to go and teach want-to-be salesmen around the nation now... want-to-be salesmen just like me, and I didn't have to pay a single cent out of pocket.

Just seems like if they think you have true potential, they will train you.

Just seems like if they think you have true potential, they will train you.

In my case, they paid an agency $5000 to find people to come in for this orientation and then bosses come in, you present yourself to them, and if they like you they'll take you in. I did just as well as everyone else's presentations, maybe better than some of them, but those guys just do NOT want me for whatever reason. It's kind of dirty, and yeah it still irritates me, but lesson learned. I will probably try it again some day, but not for these guys in this town. For now I'm focusing on building a good resume, getting an education, and just try again. Some guys there worked at banks previously so it's a no-brainer he got hired, one girl worked car sales previously, again, no brainer she got hired, one girl had 20+ years in pharmaceutical sales, so NO BRAINER... then there's me, an 18 year old guy with 2 years of customer service at Target and a shortish tenure at subway as a team lead and no degree lol. Who would you pick? I was just as dedicated and I knew my stuff, but oh my god... you should have heard the other people trying to describe the engine bay, one guy didn't even know what the hell a clear coat on a car is.... they knew shit about cars, but still probably got hired because of their resumes.

But, I know I've said it again... just ask if you're truly hired on, if they go "well.. kind of..." then you have to push it otherwise you might just want to walk out if they can't say yes or no before you pay for a training thing and then make you fumble around in front of your sales manager and general manager and the other store's sales managers and then after that you might not even be hired.

God I hate to sound so morbid lmao

I'm actually glad there is someone in a similar situation. After researching it, I had a snap out of it moment. I called the bank to reverse the charges and called it a scam. Even the rep was a bit sketchy about what the merchant does.

I'm actually glad there is someone in a similar situation. After researching it, I had a snap out of it moment. I called the bank to reverse the charges and called it a scam. Even the rep was a bit sketchy about what the merchant does.

What time is your followup? Go in tomorrow and just ask if you're hired on or not. Do you know if you interviewed with the sales manager, general manager, or was he just some guy?

Its on Thursday. I'm sure there is a legit job out there just the training part is not worth the money I invested. I think its just some guy doing the interviews. It wasn't even at a dealership, it was at an office building. When the guy sends out the texts it just says New Cars and Sales & Services as his title. I read about something similar happening on the career site Indeed which sounds more like the recruiting style used here.

Its on Thursday. I'm sure there is a legit job out there just the training part is not worth the money I invested. I think its just some guy doing the interviews. It wasn't even at a dealership, it was at an office building. When the guy sends out the texts it just says New Cars and Sales & Services as his title. I read about something similar happening on the career site Indeed which sounds more like the recruiting style used here.

Yeah I wouldn't invest in it unless you're on for sure.

Yeah I wouldn't invest in it unless you're on for sure.
Just glad I found out now and can focus on searching for other jobs. And hopefully I won't be out of money. Just lost a couple hours out of my day but I guess that's why we do interviews to see if a company is right for us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back