Archived A Computer Error Kept Target From Stocking Shelves In Canada Read more: http://www.businessinsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
this was posted online today.

The toy was one of many products that piled up in bewildering volume at Target's new distribution centers as it opened 124 stores across Canada last year,

Goods were coming into the warehouses faster than they were going out, in part because the barcodes on many items did not match what was in the computer system. As shipments stacked up,

read the rest of the story here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-ex...dlock-how-barbie-suvs-snarled-traffic-2014-21

also read:
Target has fired the president of its troubled Canadian operations, Tony Fisher, and is replacing him with a 15-year U.S. company veteran.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/target-fires-president-canadian-operations-23790960

this sounds just like something that would happen at Target. They rush into something before exploring the
whole system.

It wasn't just the DC's that were messed up, we find not a lot but enough that we keep an eye out for Canadian merch that is mixed with American stuff in case packs. Case packs that are factory sealed.

we find not a lot but enough that we keep an eye out for Canadian merch that is mixed with American stuff in case packs. Case packs that are factory sealed.

What do you guys do with Canadian merchandise when you find it?

we find not a lot but enough that we keep an eye out for Canadian merch that is mixed with American stuff in case packs. Case packs that are factory sealed.

What do you guys do with Canadian merchandise when you find it?

We toss it into the syrup aisle (which also has a convenient BNL sidecap)

Most of what I have seen is same item say a table lamp, one will have the Canadian tag the other American, we just remonarch the Canadian one with the American barcode. Cause I have seen them as I stock, straight out of the case pack. So its easy to fix.. The item in our inventory numbers just labeled incorrectly.

Returns are a another story, we try to refuse the Canadian product, since they are separate companies(yes they are). I live in a boarder state with a large transplant population and relatives and I am all to familiar with this issue.

Separate company? Then why did my HR share that merit increases were less this year on average because of the failing sails in Canada. Yah right spot in Canada won't have any effect on us if it profits but if it tanks its felt through the states.

A pink Barbie-branded SUV that seats two toddlers

God I hate that thing. Last Q4 someone would call and ask us to hold one for them to pick up...then not pick it up...and back onto the shelf...Then a couple days later same thing! Over and over again! It was huge and heavy and required a team lift and a flat every time (at least a flat...I maaaay have lifted it solo once or twice in frustration)

Separate company? Then why did my HR share that merit increases were less this year on average because of the failing sails in Canada. Yah right spot in Canada won't have any effect on us if it profits but if it tanks its felt through the states.

They are separate entities legally, just like Ford Canada is not the same as Ford US, they are incorporated in each country. I have a vehicle that is Canadian, it was built under NAFTA which means I paid no import duty on it, but for warranty work, Ford US was not obligated to fix it. I had to find out from Ford US if they would honor the warranty or would I have to pay for work and try to get paid from Ford Canada.

Why do you think the product is labeled from Mississauga instead of Minnesota? That is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back