Archived A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Hey, so I mostly work at Guest Service and do Carts now and I had some questions that I hopefully can get answers for.

Guest Service:

1) For guests doing a "No Receipt" return with their driver's license, if the item is no longer found in the system, but there is a price on the tag (clothes for example), or a clearance sticker, will you still honor the return with that price, or just apologize and tell them you're unable to do the return?

2) For defective items, if a clothes item had a stain on it, would you salvage it, or just destroy it?

3) What's the general deciding factors when an item is given either a "Salvage" option or "Destroy" option?

4) If a guest comes up and says they didn't receive a five dollar gift card for this certain product, do you always have someone check the sign, or do you trust the guest and go ahead and give them the gift card? For this one, I am only referring to these product offers that offer a five dollar gift card.

I am sure I have plenty of more questions, but these are the ones that popped into my head at the moment. Thanks in advance!

Hey, so I mostly work at Guest Service and do Carts now and I had some questions that I hopefully can get answers for.

Guest Service:

1) For guests doing a "No Receipt" return with their driver's license, if the item is no longer found in the system, but there is a price on the tag (clothes for example), or a clearance sticker, will you still honor the return with that price, or just apologize and tell them you're unable to do the return?

2) For defective items, if a clothes item had a stain on it, would you salvage it, or just destroy it?

3) What's the general deciding factors when an item is given either a "Salvage" option or "Destroy" option?

4) If a guest comes up and says they didn't receive a five dollar gift card for this certain product, do you always have someone check the sign, or do you trust the guest and go ahead and give them the gift card? For this one, I am only referring to these product offers that offer a five dollar gift card.

I am sure I have plenty of more questions, but these are the ones that popped into my head at the moment. Thanks in advance!

1) Depends on how you're feeling that day. If you're feeling like offering up some good vibes, you can do a 999 return with the price. They'll get it back on a gift card if >$5. Otherwise, no-can-do!

2) Destroy

3) Depends on the merch type. Most electronics and clothing is salvage, except if it's not in a condition somebody would expect in a goodwill store, then it's a destroy.

4) Check the promo, find out why it didn't come up. If it's an error from us (sign in wrong place, product not zoned correctly) then you give it to the guest. If it's guest error, you explain what products qualify and let them make the decision on if they're going to get the correct products or not.

Guest Service:

During my Target days,
1) I would first tell the guest that a return without receipt (if approved by the system) would go by the last and lowest marked price. If it the item isn't showing up on the POS, I would then look the item up through NOP. That is usually one option to find the last marked. Report to the quest, and see if they are willing to accept it.

2) Assign it what prompt I was given

3) Generally whatever prompt you are given by the POS to defect out item, you should go with that prompt. At my former stores, the only time I overrode the defect assignment was when it dealt with the item needing to be immediately destroyed. Ex. If an item was given salavage but it contained broken glass, food, or biohazard then I marked it for Destroy.

4) The guest must have reicept, then check the ad. Also have someone check the zone and signage. I would only go to the effort of checking everything for the guest if the promotion is still current. If it was a week ago, then there is not much you can do.

Be careful with guests and gift cards. I think Target shoots themselves in the foot with their VIBE mentality when it comes to pleasing the guests. I wouldn't do anything unless the guest had a receipt to prove their case. We've had guests come in with bogus complaints about gift cards, wanting $50 or more that they were "entitled to" or claiming their card had more money on it than it shows. Very tricky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back