Archived A final warning to guests (Another Hatchimal story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebay is over saturated with them rn you wouldnt make shit probably

I just tell them they already hatched on the truck. But seriously I be honest and say look, you literally have to be in line at the store before we open in order to get one. People come in an hour/two hours even longer after we've been open and have this dumb look on their face as if they're lost. Their question is always hatchimals. I tell them straight up but politely. And even on non truck days people still wait outside in the cold for over three hours. Does the joy I feel walking to the door and I see people outside smiling and chatting with each other on a non truck day make me a sadist?

We live in a world where some children are starving, suffering with cancer,homeless, emotionally and physically abused, live in war torn countries and the list could go and on. So, no I am not worried about guest and their hatchables. I don't feel sorry for them standing out in the cold, or when you hear them say but Sally really wants this for Christmas. Well, Sally will just have to learn that we don't always get what we want when we want it . Sally may be disappointed but she will be just fine .

Last edited:
1fd42118272a4a06db81cece7b38e941.jpg

We live in a world where some children are starving, suffering with cancer,homeless, emotionally and physically abused, live in war torn countries and the list could go and on. So, no I am not worried about guest and their hatchables. I don't feel sorry for them standing out in the cold, or when you hear them say but Sally really wants this for Christmas. Well, Sally will just have to learn that we don't always get what we want when we want it . Sally may be disappointed but she will be just fine .

How I was raised, yes Santa brings cool stuff but if you want to get what you really want? Get it yourself. You aren't given everything you want. Santa aka Mom doesn't have the budget for that shit. Or like one year yeah that huge vet bill we had to scrape up? that was x-mas.. We get to keep the dog alive.

Tell Sally to go to Trader Joe's and buy some fertilized eggs and raise her own damn real chicken. It'll teach her something about responsibility in the process too.

Today I needed an locked item, so I went to the electronics boat and with a straight face said, "I need four Hatchimals, please"

He didn't blink an eye. "OK, and how about three NES Classics to go with them? I'll be right back."

I couldn't help but laugh. We both knew he was going to the back room and never come back.

We got an extremely large shipment of hatchimals and NES's today. Ive never seen grown adults act like children. One guy comes barging down the toy aisle to hunt me down while Im talking to another guest. "I was told you got nitendos in but they aren't over there." I call out to electronics tm and he goes we sold out 30 minutes ago. The guy was like this is ridiculous that Target lets people buy the product off the shelves in cart fulls. I tried to explain that we lock those up and they cant get one without a TM unlocking it. Didn't want to hear it...then I had another lady ask me to find another store with one in stock. I explained that our system shows no one in our district with one and if they did get some they are gone and I would give the operator/GS a good laugh if I called asking if they had any. Im sorry if you need it that bad buy it off Ebay or wait until February when no one wants them.

We had like 8 come in right around when I left at 230......8 people are going to be very lucky
I was looking to get a Hatchimal for my niece. I came in at 8am and was told that no Hatchimals had come in. Later in the day I learned that they had "found" two Hatchimals. I asked my GE-LOD about being able to buy one. I told her that no one was in line at 8am....(my GSTL even said that no one had been in line) and that I had a rain check. Right away she said that a rain check doesn't guarantee that a person is entitled to one and I was told that a "high demand" item can't be sold mid-day...that, if an item isn't on the shelf at 8am it has to go to the STLs office and be put out the next day.

I mentioned that no one had even been in line before 8am.....so getting one of the Hatchimals wouldn't be preventing someone who had been in line from getting one...especially since there was no line and I had been there. She still said "No." But since I had insider information (meaning that we already had two for the next day) I could come and line up for one the next morning.

I was pretty pissed off about the answer for the Hatchimal. I didn't follow the reasoning behind not being able to get the damn toy...especially since NO ONE had been in line and the toys had been in the store the whole time!

So.....I have a guest at my store that has a friend who is a toy reseller and that my guest could get a Hatchimal for me from the reseller. I'm going to have to pay about $80.00 to get the toy. I'm OK with how I'm getting the toy....I'm just sad to know that Target doesn't seem interested in getting money from TMs and that I didn't (don't) rate high enough to buy a product from my own store.....even though the toy was already there and guests weren't!

Do you know who my husband is? I will personally have him calm the ceo and get you fired....smdh. our guests are the best when they don't get their way. Married to people earning a quarter mill a year or so...

I used to work a company where the corporate office was in the same state. The corporate people would buy their kids friends high end gifts and then their parents would attempt to return them or exchange them. We would have to give a gift card and the lowest selling price. They would always be like my neighbor is blahblah. I dont care who your neighbor is or let alone know who they are. This is still policy. They would take the gift card at that point lol.

So.....I have a guest at my store that has a friend who is a toy reseller and that my guest could get a Hatchimal for me from the reseller. I'm going to have to pay about $80.00 to get the toy. I'm OK with how I'm getting the toy....I'm just sad to know that Target doesn't seem interested in getting money from TMs and that I didn't (don't) rate high enough to buy a product from my own store.....even though the toy was already there and guests weren't!

Going through a reseller? Really? Why not get your niece something else?

There's nothing wrong with resellers. Target is a reseller anyway. They buy bulk from manufacturers to sell at a higher price to make a profit.

Same as resellers

I am not talking about using resellers as a moral issue. I am saying why pay more for something bc its a hot item. I told my niece Ill get her a Hatchimal in January when they are everywhere.

Lol at the ETL who told me to put one in his office today. Not getting my hands dirty for you.

And no wonder we are treated like criminals because of people like this. We got another random shipment of Hatchimals today and I was treated like I stole one. I waited 15 minutes and was on my lunch but still got talked too about it.

We are told that no tm can a nes or hat hi all, and we are reporting insider information to HQ (DC sending friends and family to buy) Around midnight, the etl is going outside, handing out tickets to those standing inline, and they have to buy them as soon as the store opens at guest service. This has worked out very well.

If you really want one, they will be abundant in February.

I think the draw of the hatchimal is the hatching process. After the hatch it seems like another furby. Kids will be tired of it a day or two after hatching and hopefully the parents will regret everything they went through to get that toy.

Lol read a story about one that hatched while the kid was at school. They didnt turn the hatching process off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back