Archived A final warning to guests (Another Hatchimal story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been quiet these last few months. Just want to chime in. I've seen guests line up in the cold as early as 3-5 am before my store opens. Whether it was for the Hatchimals or Classic NES, each day was always interesting. About 2 weeks ago, my store received around 20 Hatchimals and about 10 Classic NES. Within a few minutes, we were sold out. Recently, I had a guest come back because she heard we had 2 Hatchimals in stock. She was one one of the unlucky few who wasn't able to get one before after waiting. Going by what district told us, it was guaranteed that we were able to sell her one. Being pessimistic about it, she was saying she wasn't leaving without talking to the Hardlines supervisor, who tells her the same thing. She then demands to talk to the store manager, who told her to come back in the morning. It's not worth risking the job, especially when district are being strict this holiday.

I've been quiet these last few months. Just want to chime in. I've seen guests line up in the cold as early as 3-5 am before my store opens. Whether it was for the Hatchimals or Classic NES, each day was always interesting. About 2 weeks ago, my store received around 20 Hatchimals and about 10 Classic NES. Within a few minutes, we were sold out. Recently, I had a guest come back because she heard we had 2 Hatchimals in stock. She was one one of the unlucky few who wasn't able to get one before after waiting. Going by what district told us, it was guaranteed that we were able to sell her one. Being pessimistic about it, she was saying she wasn't leaving without talking to the Hardlines supervisor, who tells her the same thing. She then demands to talk to the store manager, who told her to come back in the morning. It's not worth risking the job, especially when district are being strict this holiday.

I agree. After my experience, I mostly wont buy a high demand item again. It seemed unfair on both sides being a guest and as a team member. Plus we had several people fired over NOT following the rules.

Customers here hate it and they're an adult... the kids love it though.

Guess adults are less impatient than kids now apparently lol. "it took one hour before it hatched AUGAJKLHGJKAKG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT A REFUND."

Last edited:
Customers here hate it and they're an adult... the kids love it though.

Guess adults are less impatient than kids now apparently lol. "it took one hour before it hatched AUGAJKLHGJKAKG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT A REFUND."
Sounds like someone's special snowflakedoes didn't get the color they waved....

Boy are they going to be in for a surprise.

i-Kx38P8H-2100x20000.jpg

I watched a few videos and I couldnt make out any of these hatchmials actually cursing but they do learn words by hearing words repeatedly so honestly maybe the hatchmials are learning it from the kids or parents, lol.

Soon this will all die down and then we will have several months of quiet retail suffering in silence before we all gear up for another round of crazy and another round of MUST HAVE toy, where parents do and say just about anything to get it for their spoiled little ones, only for them to be disappointed.

We got 8 in on Fridays truck and they couldn't decide whether to actually put them on the shelf or hold at the service desk. I don't know where they went but no one was waiting outside. First time in a long time

During a break , in our break room
After Christmas , we heard on the news that the hatchimals didn't hatch , the whole room erupted in cheers ..
one etl came in and asked what was the matter , and we explained , she clapped her hands and started to dance ...

I found one in our electronics boat on Xmas eve. Put it on the front endcap of the first aisle and someone grabbed it before I even made it back to the boat. Myself and 3 others were there just watching to see how long it took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back