Archived A Guest Hijacked My Three Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

I was zoning Market and a guest came up to my three tier, which I leave at the end of the aisle for reshop, took all the items out of it and left them on the end cap. I realized what was happening and caught him as he was placing his own three or four items in the top part and pushing it away. He gave me this super guilty look and said he was looking for a cart. I pointed him down the main aisle toward the mall entrance and said he could get one there and also showed him that there were baskets literally right across from where we were standing. He argued with me about it for a few minutes but in the end he was actually surprisingly pleasant about the fact that I wouldn't let him take my cart (considering how annoyed I was).

So my questions are:

Are guests allowed to use the three tiers? I'm assuming not, but we're also supposed to "vibe it up!" and "be bold!" so who knows.

Also, when guests complain that, "I should've gotten a cart, ughhh," do you offer to get them one, or just tell them where they can find one? I usually offer them baskets unless it's something really huge, but I don't really have time to walk all the way across the store to get people carts all the time... What would you do?

I always offer to get a cart for any guest I see awkwardly carrying several objects. It's good GS & they will prob spend more. If I see a guest with a very large object in their cart I offer to take it to the front and hold it for them so they can continue to shop. I try to never lose sight of why I'm at Spot; to make them money!

Or if you've ever had everything spill out of one of the tiers because the back gates fly backwards. We've had to zip tie nearly all of the bottom tier gates so that they don't come open and spill everything in the cart onto the floor. If that makes sense to anyone else. I can't be the only store that has had this issue since day 1!

Last edited:
Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only." Last thing a store needs is for them to taken out of the store and ran over or found tossed in a ditch. Or across the street in the nearby senior living complex. Or across town being pushed by a homeless guy with this bag of cans.

Or if you've ever had everything spill out of one of the tiers because the back gates fly backwards. We've had to zip tie nearly all of the bottom tier gates so that they don't come open and spill everything in the cart onto the floor. If that makes sense to anyone else. I can't be the only store that has had this issue since day 1!
I hate it when those back gates open backwards. But if you zip tie them they won't swing to the front either - meaning you can't nest a line of three-tiers. Where you gonna store them all if you can't push them together in the fire hall?

I hate it when those back gates open backwards. But if you zip tie them they won't swing to the front either - meaning you can't nest a line of three-tiers. Where you gonna store them all if you can't push them together in the fire hall?
We just push them downlighting duty aisles. If you get lucky and have some that will nest it's like winning the lottery. If not, it's just the same as having several tubs pushed down a light duty aisle. We don't ever store anything in the fire aisle.

Tell me your store is not storing things in the fire aisle.

Actually it's not being done lately, but it has been frequently in the past. Each new ETL-Log has their own ideas.

Actually it's not being done lately, but it has been frequently in the past. Each new ETL-Log has their own ideas.

...That's not an idea that's a serious safety hazard. If your AP lead isn't oblivious they should (rightly) be having a shitfit if that happens.

I offer to get them a cart. That's just good customer service. Plus, customers with carts tend to spend more. I don't let guests push flats, tubs, or three tiers. Those vehicles aren't approved for guest use.

This is what I would do. I would just ask if they would like me to grab a cart for them so they dont have to walk all the way back up to the front to grab it. Usually they say yes.

On Black Friday however...we actually had to use ALL of our 3 tier carts for guests for the first few hours as we had literally ZERO normal carts at one point

We store crap in the fire aisle all the time. No one cares. It's been that way since the store opened and with multiple leadership changes.

giphy.gif

Speaking of, today we had a visit from the fire dept. for a followup inspection, AND a guest showed up at the front lanes with a full 3-tier of crap.

I think it would be hilarious if an ETL had asked that guest to transfer their crap in that tier cart to a shopping cart then go to the register.

My store might as well setup steel and wacos in the fire tunnel.

We store crap in the fire aisle all the time. No one cares. It's been that way since the store opened and with multiple leadership changes.

Hell, we have signs from HQ that say something along the lines of no product, fixtures, or vehicles are to be stored in the fire aisle, and yet people still leave crap there.

I don't let guests push flats, tubs, or three tiers. Those vehicles aren't approved for guest use.

They are, however, approved for mowing down obnoxious guests.

Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only."

>implying that guests can read

Most people (in my experience anyways) don't bother to read... anything.

They can't read the ICEE flavors themselves, they can't read the menu boards themselves, they can't read their total on the register, they can't read "Exit" on the doors, they can't read the signs on the bathroom door, etc.

I'm sure most of them would either: A) Read it and disregard it, or B) Just disregard it without reading it.

I don't let guests push flats, tubs, or three tiers. Those vehicles aren't approved for guest use.

They are, however, approved for mowing down obnoxious guests.

Thats why I always thought they should have a disclaimer in BOLD on them that said, "For Target Team Member Use Only."

>implying that guests can read

Most people (in my experience anyways) don't bother to read... anything.

They can't read the ICEE flavors themselves, they can't read the menu boards themselves, they can't read their total on the register, they can't read "Exit" on the doors, they can't read the signs on the bathroom door, etc.

I'm sure most of them would either: A) Read it and disregard it, or B) Just disregard it without reading it.

Apparently they can't seem to read that an item is on sale in the aisle that I JUST ZONED AND EVERYTHING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE YES THAT ITEM IS ON SALE I MADE SURE IT'S IN THE RIGHT PLACE STOP STASHING YOUR CRAP ON THE ENDCAP NEAR THE PRICE SCANNER COME ON.

sorry.

Apparently they can't seem to read that an item is on sale in the aisle that I JUST ZONED AND EVERYTHING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE YES THAT ITEM IS ON SALE I MADE SURE IT'S IN THE RIGHT PLACE STOP STASHING YOUR CRAP ON THE ENDCAP NEAR THE PRICE SCANNER COME ON.

sorry.

Or the people that pick it up, look straight at you, then decide they don't want it and then just throw it wherever they feel it should go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back