Archived A typical AP day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullselle

Softy
I'm really curious about what goes on in a typical day working as a TPS or ETL-AP. So for the TMs on this board that work AP, I have some questions. What does your typical day consist of? Would you say your work is fast paced or is it more slow and monotonous? How often do you witness guests stealing at your store? What do you do to prevent those guests from coming back? When TMs call you on the walkie, what is it usually about? And what other suspicious behavior do you watch out for besides theft?

Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm just really interested!

Also, I think there was an AP guide somewhere on this board that might answer some of these questions if anyone knows where that thread is...

I'm APS which is in high risk stores so I see theft everyday. The pace can go from slow to fast in a split second at times.

As a TPS their main role is to be a visual deterrent and most of their job, at least at my store, is routine based work. Like checking merchandise protection, performing audits, building culture with the other TMs by talking about theft trends, people to look out for and the such.

It depends on the role itself (ETL-AP vs TPS), volume of store, risk level, and ultimately your STL's directions and needs. I will say the ETL-AP is in charge of all things shortage, which does not mean just theft. Anytime we lose a product, AP technically can be involved in some way. They are there to fix mistakes as much as stop loss that happens on purpose (external theft or internal theft). A typical day for an ETL-AP would be (outside of LOD) going over reporting tools that AP has, identifying root causes to the losses that are being displayed, and fixing them (and the way to tackle each cause will differ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back