Accidentally sold something before street date (possibly?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a guest was literally BADGERING you for an item and you know its in the back, would you not get it for them? What happened to "the guest is always right"?

You are new so you have yet to learn the guest is NOT always right. Target and retail overall, have policies in place because guests can be a sneaky lot trying to circumnavigate or find loopholes. A guest being a bully and badgering you is no excuse for caving to their desires. You clearly understand something about street dates because you recognized it when you scanned the item. Ask more questions next time, in fact, ask more questions in general, that's how you will learn.

No matter how big a hissy fit the guest pitches they are not always right, especially when they are trying to pull a fast one. Street date is street date, plain and simple, and Spot doesn’t sell items before their street date. Spot likes happy guests but not enough to pay large fines. You’re new, you may be coached, learn from the experience and go on. If a guest doesn’t want to take no for an answer, call for a leader to deal with them, it’s part of their job. Don’t put your butt on the line for a guest trying to take advantage of you because you are new. And some of them will definitely try...😁

If a guest was literally BADGERING you for an item and you know its in the back, would you not get it for them? What happened to "the guest is always right"?
Id go look, scan the item , go hmm no floor location oh look street date 5/25. Pull out phone look at date oh itz 5/18.. lol. Put the item back , lock the cage, Go out side to guest, inform them that yes we will have item avaible on 5/25 at 7am. But until then i unfortunately can not sell it to them cause my register will not let me till that date. That they are welcome to come back to buy the item then. Any anger comments or question get directed to guest service / boss at front of the store. Anything else i can assist you in finding today ?

I would not have let the guest badger me. I would have said no. If the guest continued, I would’ve called an ETL for guest assistance.

as others have said, cashier is definitely in the wrong and should get coached. But so are you.

this is also a fun reminder to anyone on the front lanes. NEVER double/triple etc scan an item unless you can look at it and say with 100% certainty it’s the same item. Idc if it’s a bullseye item that you’re 99% sure has one dpci for all colors. SCAN EVERY ITEM. when the guest comes to guest service to return on card, we can’t find it if you don’t scan it.

Last edited:
I would not have let the guest badger me. I would have said no. If the guest continued, I would’ve called an ETL for guest assistance.

as others have said, cashier is definitely in the wrong and should get coached. But so are you.

this is also a fun reminder to anyone on the front lanes. NEVER double/triple etc scan an item unless you can look at it and say with 100% certainty it’s the same item. Idc if it’s a bullseye item that you’re 99% sure has one dpci for all colors. SCAN EVERY ITEM. when the guest comes to guest service to return on card, we can’t find it if you don’t scan it.
Well the cashier should have not been lazy and scanned both items. Now someone out there has new music that is not yet released...

I’m all for poking fun at stupid screw ups but jesus guys, take it easy on the lad. Shit happens.
Thank you. I clearly did not want this to happen, I'm very introverted and the guest was very very persistent so I just gave her the CD. I don't want to lose my job I really enjoy working here, for the most part.

Well the cashier should have not been lazy and scanned both items. Now someone out there has new music that is not yet released...
I completely agree with you. The cashier 100% messed up and should be having conversations with their leaders. But... the cashier wouldn’t have made the mistake if the guest didn’t have the CD in the first place.

to be clear, I don’t think you should be termed. But you shouldn’t keep blaming this on the cashier.

I completely agree with you. The cashier 100% messed up and should be having conversations with their leaders. But... the cashier wouldn’t have made the mistake if the guest didn’t have the CD in the first place.

to be clear, I don’t think you should be termed. But you shouldn’t keep blaming this on the cashier.
Thats like saying me selling someone a gun and then that person takes the gun and shoots someone. Is it my fault?

you're going to JAIL, bitch.
PETTY NO
ggd2.thumb.gif.cc1e1bb1747e058ff939eeb8ee72ae2d.gif

OT: You're doing amazing sweetie. This album has been delayed for far too long and you are the sole hand feeding our starving mouths!

PETTY NO
ggd2.thumb.gif.cc1e1bb1747e058ff939eeb8ee72ae2d.gif

OT: You're doing amazing sweetie. This album has been delayed for far too long and you are the sole hand feeding our starving mouths!
Thank you. I feel guilty still but at least I have someone on my side. I don't want to go to jail I'm actually shaking you guys

Thank you. I clearly did not want this to happen, I'm very introverted and the guest was very very persistent so I just gave her the CD. I don't want to lose my job I really enjoy working here, for the most part.
So next time just remember how much you like your job... don’t let a nasty guest ever have power over you keeping that job. I would honestly document both of you! License, copyrights... you don’t want to be that tm that gets your store on a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back