Active Shooter Training

Baseball bat and hammer can be taken away, both if you miss and if you would have landed a hit before an expert fighter twisted it away.

Degreaser could be good, since it's ranged, unless you miss the face and just piss the aggressor off. One badly aimed shot may be all the time needed to close the gap and kick your ass.

I've thought of what I could do in such a situation, and then I think of the counter and know that I'd be fucked all kinds of ways. I once had the honor of seeing an aikido black belt test, and the guy had three other people go at him at once with wooden knives, all of them black belt as well. It's crazy how quickly you can have your weapon taken away, even if you have training.

My plan at Target was all the little hiding spots not obvious to an outsider and leap frog to a door.

Drop your zebra, radio, holsters and your red shirt as you run. This is one reason I wear a vest now, drop and go.

saw the training in workday. when we did the training a few years ago, we had a big hudle because everyone was overdue on the training. Our ETL AP basically said, run and protect for your life. If you want to fight thatā€™s on you.

Anything can be a weapon. The problem is, what can be an effective weapon in the hands of the untrained? What won't get taken away and used against the person who tried to defend themselves?
I think he meant it more as in, if you realize you cannot get away, it's a good idea to have thought about what you would use as a weapon ahead of time.

Some of you have been pushed this training recently? I had cart duty yesterday and had no trainings to do. I get so bored on carts that I'll read on my zebra.

Other than this jokes comments. One problem is emergency exit door will not open until passed 15 seconds after push the doors.
How true is this for all doors. We had a guest run out one today. Iā€™m sure he didnā€™t just chill for 15 seconds with TMs & guests nearby.

With yesterday's horrifying news from Buffalo about a supermarket active shooter incident, this topic takes on major importance.
I feel terribly for the victims of the shooting, as well as the employees who were on duty and the customers who were present.
I wonder if there are measures Target can make to get a quicker response from first responders.

With yesterday's horrifying news from Buffalo about a supermarket active shooter incident, this topic takes on major importance.
I feel terribly for the victims of the shooting, as well as the employees who were on duty and the customers who were present.
I wonder if there are measures Target can make to get a quicker response from first responders.
There is active shooter training on work day you can take.

not to start a whole thing but there is no ā€œquicker response from first respondersā€ without putting like a police station every other block or something. or just station cops in stores

Target's active shooter video training is very practical and relevant.
We might actually have better staff training than the Buffalo supermarket where this terrifying incident occurred.

I cannot even imagine how much sadness, pain, anger, resentment, and fear is being felt by the survivors of the deceased as well as the survivors and others at the scene.
For those of you who say "our prayers and thoughts are with you", this is the time to actually pray and actually think about the specific individuals and families who were affected.

Back