Archived Ad and Substitution Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I swapped a shift with another Electronics Team Member who always comes in early on Sundays to help with ad. The last time I helped with ad was nearly 7 years ago. Are there any tips or resources that someone can offer here?

On that same note, a guest asked me the other day if I could substitute a similar item because we were sold out of the item on ad. I remember we used to do this occasionally for a similar item of similar value. I told him I can't (because I don't remember how) but do we still allow that?

Thanks in advance for your help/feedback!

I basically do whatever the guest asks. Who the hell cares anymore. If I can get them out of my hair and out of my face by giving them 5, 10 15 or 20 dollars off. Done deal. Come to me when I'm at guest service and I'll give you keys to the store lol.

If you haven't put up ad in 7 years, you'll be pleasantly surprised! The best advice I can give you is to make sure you run your thumb over the sticky part a couple times so you don't leave a trail of fallen signs behind you.

We do not do substitution signs anymore, but you can make substitutions. 1st print a raincheck ( 9801+dpci) if it says choose a substitute then ring the item and scan the raincheck. Then the register will tell you to pick the item, and then it wil take the sale percentage off. All of the old rules still apply, must be in the same aisle and not on sale.

I basically do whatever the guest asks. Who the hell cares anymore. If I can get them out of my hair and out of my face by giving them 5, 10 15 or 20 dollars off. Done deal. Come to me when I'm at guest service and I'll give you keys to the store lol.

As a TL myself I would fear having you work for our team let alone LEAD the team. At our store, the biggest things the STL looks for in TL and even GSAs is excellent guest service but to also have some balls and know when to say "no" and if the guest will take that "no" seriously.

Nope! Having said that....yes, sometimes. I can't imagine this being practical to anything in electronics, but sometimes in HBA, certain scents get excluded from deals, but are otherwise the same, and the same price point. I make substitutions there, if they have the same regular sales price. Policy gets pretty flexible if the guest isn't being a total lying dick head. But sometimes you still have to say "no" to the nice ones.

As a TL myself I would fear having you work for our team let alone LEAD the team. At our store, the biggest things the STL looks for in TL and even GSAs is excellent guest service but to also have some balls and know when to say "no" and if the guest will take that "no" seriously.

I totally agree with you but I am not going to waste my time on anything less than 20 bucks. Because the guest is always going to ask for another manager and I know mine will give them almost anything they want especially if they threaten to call corporate.

We do not do substitution signs anymore, but you can make substitutions. 1st print a raincheck ( 9801+dpci) if it says choose a substitute then ring the item and scan the raincheck. Then the register will tell you to pick the item, and then it wil take the sale percentage off. All of the old rules still apply, must be in the same aisle and not on sale.
This seems like something waiting to be exploited.

Anyone remember when they had signs fall into PCV to make sure they were there? Over 300 PCVs. That was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back