Archived Ad Take Down? Any Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Target almost 4 months, but I've only done ad take down twice and I am so slow at it! Anyone have any tips for speed and/or accuracy?

My ETL told me tonight that you can only use "Not Found" on 20% of the store before you get dinged for it. Not sure if its the same for every store.

1.) B.S.
2.) Get dinged on what? I know take down is on DTK, but it's a store level metric only. Corporate could care less what your #'s are. They used to watch it, but now it doesn't matter. I do believe that is all about to change with the new 'Price Audit' app (consequently, the rollout got put on hold this week because it's "buggy"), but until then.......

I usually have service desk not found the entire checklanes, and have the cart attendant or somebody tear them all down and throw them away. Works pretty good ;) I always remind them, check everything! Coolers,endcaps,etc.!

I've been a Target almost 4 months, but I've only done ad take down twice and I am so slow at it! Anyone have any tips for speed and/or accuracy?

Scan first, THEN pull down the ad! There's no way in hell you are going to be able to scan and rip, because before long you will end up with a HAND full of ads and be all like "WTF" about it? Oh and don't throw them on the floor either... haha I got "coached," by a fellow TM. HE was like, "If the LOD walked by and saw that, you'd be in TROUBLE!" I'm still new and could blame it on that, but I knew it wasn't the most professional practice; I just wasn't prepared, because I didn't know it was 9pm. So whenever you start ad take down, have a garbage bag or cart ready to toss them all in. And I suppose like everything else, you get better/faster w/ experience. Good luck!

I was taught as a GSA to do ad takedown by an ETL via the "not found" method. Then my GSTL saw me and insisted that I do it the correct way, Then an ETL saw me doing it the proper way and laughed. "Really? Just "not found" everything and throw the signs away. We don't have time for that crap and nobody cares. I mean nobody." The GSTL who originally taught me came up and argued with the ETL who just shrugged his shoulders, said, "Do it my way," and walked away. So now I do it the "not found" way.

I'm sure it will change as everything does, but now that I'm also a GSTL, I follow the ETL's instructions. Funny, but the GSTL who trained me doesn't do ad takedown any more. She leaves it for me. Always. hehehe

If you just not found things on ad I am pretty sure it effects the pricing scores. At least I overheard my pricing TL talk about that change about half a year ago maybe.

If you just not found things on ad I am pretty sure it effects the pricing scores. At least I overheard my pricing TL talk about that change about half a year ago maybe.

Like in HS, Target gets graded on everything, which affects everyone in the store. If you "not found" the signs, after a certain percentage, it starts to give the store a poorer grade, which of course, they harp on us, the TM about. It's actually quite upsetting. I, however, just do the best... even if it means not going at break neck speed. Other people in other areas are like, "Done" in 15-30 minutes, but I'm pretty sure they just rip and "NF" the ads. It's okay, though, I'm trying to get a job at the hospital: headed for greener pastures. :D

I've been in charge of ad takedown at my store for several months now, and here are the tactics that we've employed for a successful takedown.

1. Get a cart with 4 baskets. Put 2 where you'd normally throw your ads. This makes clean up super easy at the end of the night when you pull them out. You arent digging all the ads out by hand. Put the other 2 in the child seat. 1 of them is for fixtures, and the other is for rain check pads.

2. Make a breakout of who goes where. Try to assign people to the same sections every time. Assign a TL to seasonal because they won't get tripped up by the weird things that happen with the aisle numbers(like when the all the school supply boats where a different aisle number and none of them were labeled). Give someone who knows Pfresh the market area. They won't get tripped up by the the banana/apple/potato bunker. Assign your fastest people to the smallest sections so that they can jump over and help other sections. Then the people they help, jump over and help however is still not done after that. It's a snowball effect that works extremely well.

3. Use a PDA and not an LPDA. When you punch in what aisles you are in, It's easier and quicker to just hit the B button instead of the what you have to go through hitting number buttons several times to get the letter you want.

4. Have a holster, and do a 4ft. section at a time. Scan the whole section and then holster your PDA. Then take down the ads with both hands.

5. Regarding ads that go on peg hooks. There are two bar codes, and if you scan the wrong one, you get an error and have to hit C to continue and scan again. This is a HUGE time suck (especially if you're on the gadget wall of housewares.) One strategy is to cover the top bar code with your thumb and scan. This can be pretty effective.

Another thought about the peg hook ads is how to remove the ads from the peg hooks themselves. You can't just rip em down like normal ads. They catch, or tear, or screw up the fixture. Grab them like you'd grab a door knob, and turn counterclockwise. They come right off.

And finally, due to the fact that "Not founds" don't matter too much, I'd been not founding the peg hook ads only since they are such a pain to scan.

Hope this helps.

Usign the "not found" option when taking down the ad does not affect any metric scores. Yes, it shows that you were apparently missing 1,400 signs versus 1,400 signs that were suppose to be taken down. But overall it doesn't impact your score. Signing Compliance is a unweighted score for Pricing and store operations.

Usign the "not found" option when taking down the ad does not affect any metric scores. Yes, it shows that you were apparently missing 1,400 signs versus 1,400 signs that were suppose to be taken down. But overall it doesn't impact your score. Signing Compliance is a unweighted score for Pricing and store operations.

THIS. also, if you look under mysupport and search ad take down, it actually tells you this exact thing.

Load can be used for ad take down. Just use the touch screen keyboard for letters. Green button on the right is for "r" return. Red button on the left is "c" continue. You touch the screen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back