Archived advice when behind on TWT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the cosmetics set really screwed us over. I was gone for the first week of it due to a family emergency. When i came back we were already behind. Now ever since, we have not been able to complete our pogs and revisions each week.

My ETL says i need to work on communication, and i am working on that by sending good recap emails every day.

She is now going to be statusing with me every shift...so basically performance coaching me. The problem is i dont feel any support around the store, it feel like it is me vs. Everyone else.

They let me add some hours last week to help catch up but we are still behind.

I am stressing hardcore, and i know i need to make good plans, but any tips? I know people have been there before!

Double down on your team make sure it's getting done effectively. If you have to pull your own batches, see if backroom can help pull half the batches. See if you can have a few flow tms stay a few hours longer and help push the pulls. All things done at my store for a successful reset.

Depending on your team size, put one person everyday on working on late pogs. I wouldn't do more than that early in the week so that you don't fall behind on the current week'so workload. Once current week is manageable, add another person to doing late work. Chip away at it slowly instead of trying to do a bunch in one day. Whatever work is the most behind start there and work your way to the more current stuff.

And, yes, use smart huddle as your filback help. Let your etl know this is what you need to catch up.

Hopefully since this week isn't too heavy you will be able to knock out a lot of what is late.

Like others had said, take partners, perhaps some of the SF TL's can knock out some of your revisions or smaller POG's for you

The only problem is that my etl and stl wont let anyone stay late to help fill back or help pull. they have strictly said its our problem to deal with. Its tough to deal with.

As much as I hate to tell you this, if you just don't pull your batches they will eventually drop into the autofills after about 4 days. If you're really desperate you can just keep tying and setting while ignoring the fills process and autofills pushers will be forced to push the batches. We had to do this once when our revisions person quit without notice.

^ That can turn Backroom against you, though.

The cool thing about being a backroom TM is that we can often decide where/how we want to devote our focus/time/energy between "scheduled" tasks. If our POG leader seeks me out, explains their situation, and tells me they need certain batches pulled, I'm happy to work them in whenever I have a free minute! I'm truly happy to chip in and help out where I can. I won't make it my priority- my work center needs to be tended to first- but I'll be more than happy to help them catch up instead of spending my time perfecting my work center.

There are TLs who ask me to pull batches for them...I don't mind- I know some of the stuff they're up against, because they've taken the time to talk to me. But the ones who play dumb and let it slip away from them and into my workload? I immediately assume that TL is lazy and cutting corners wherever they can.

In the past I've gone behind my TL's back in order to help out another TL. If you prove to your store that you work hard and do your best, and you put a priority on open communication, you'll be surprised how far some TMs will go to help you out, even if you're not officially given any extra help/support.

As much as I hate to tell you this, if you just don't pull your batches they will eventually drop into the autofills after about 4 days. If you're really desperate you can just keep tying and setting while ignoring the fills process and autofills pushers will be forced to push the batches. We had to do this once when our revisions person quit without notice.
Do no do this. Trust me. This will most likely get you replaced.

Please don't do that. The backroom team will almost certainly figure it out. When this happens at my store, 9 times out of 10 we will burn the batch. Or we'll pull it, but complain about it to every TL and ETL we see, especially the Flow TL (who will tell his team not to push it).

But if you just ask the TMs ahead of time, they can probably find some time to pull it any maybe even push it.

Having watched my pptl with the same struggle...who had been with spot a close number of years to yourself...

...trade in every favor ever owed. Did your team help push truck or throw truck during 4th quarter in top of toy team? Flow owes you. Etl-log owes you. Signing isn't huge this week, have a honest conversion with the signing tm. I'll cut short or skip a signing day to push pog or set pogs. I've skipped weeks completely for huge sets. Revisions can be pawned off to each section. Especially quick ones. Talk to the lod about smart huddle to push or midday to push. See if they will help with getting salesfloor tm to help set revisions. Especially whomever does tune in Tuesday.

So long as you keep efficient and moving forward its possible. We seem to catch up for a week and then slide quick the next week. Then take several to catch up again.

You have to focus on being current going forward. If you try to catch up at the beginning of the week and end up behind on the current week, you just end up digging your hole deeper.

The suggestion above about having one dedicated person working on overdue work is a good one. Make sure that they aren't biting off more than they can chew, but that they are setting the noticeable POGs that are late. If it's small and out of the way, save it for last.

If there is any other TL in the building that is willing to help, or who owes you any favors at all, now is your time. A lot of the revisions the last few weeks have been small, team members who like you may be willing to help set them on the sly. If you have no one who is willing to help, really work on building those relationships from now on in case you ever find yourself in this situation again.

As hard as it is to do, try not to over-stress yourself to the point that your team is stressed out, that can make them pessimistic and cause them to work slower.

It's a hard road, but if you keep chipping away at it a bit at a time you'll get there.

There no catching up I think. I was on a team who needed literally 4 veterans plus the occasional people to push to keep up with the workload, even with tie offs and tie off to 'catch up on later'. 2 can make it 'work', but it's SERIOUSLY pushing it believe me. Target Corporation goons doesn't know how much work it takes to set and reset pogs; and all the bullshit that lies between. In MY opinion, id say it's safe to say the vast majority of target etls/corporate would be winded EASILY by it. Mentally and physically, the work takes a toll on you. I was just a team member and my stress point had been pushed and pushed for 2 years straight. My advice is to get some super bad asses on your team who are just gullible enough and are eager/dumb enough to dig you out in time for you to jump ship

Last edited:
Our pog team is sooo behind. Its normal, do not stress it! You cant be a superhero, youre one person. Your ETL THINKS they know the answer as if you dont. Theyre really just relaying some shit from a training DVD they watch at home every night cuddled up in a comforter with a target logo on it. ok this got way outta hand.

Youl get caught back up...

Case in point my pptl tried a three aisle swap today...power dental, deodorant, and shave. 8hrs per pog on calendar...guess whose aisles arent even finished being set? Lol.

I pulled and pushed what the team set yesterday. Likely do the same tomorrow plus audit the power grooming displays. Yay!

Case in point my pptl tried a three aisle swap today...power dental, deodorant, and shave. 8hrs per pog on calendar...guess whose aisles arent even finished being set? Lol.

I pulled and pushed what the team set yesterday. Likely do the same tomorrow plus audit the power grooming displays. Yay!
We're down tms right now, so it took our pog team two days to do that set. And I'm not even sure if they're finished.

We're down tms right now, so it took our pog team two days to do that set. And I'm not even sure if they're finished.
Pptl is off tomorrow...since I technically was pog all day she offered to let me switch my actual pog day tomorrow and do signing but whats the point? At some point they'll need me. Hopefully not all day, but still. Plan today was half fixture room renovation and half pog.

Omg, there is no way any of those is an 8 hour pog. It's so ridiculous we are being held to those numbers...downstocking deodorant alone was super time consuming. Our etl has never been on plano so he's clueless and doesn't seem to believe our tl when she tries to explain why we are behind.

To think corporate wastes so much money paying people to make these asinine time estimates...why bother if they are wrong so often?? ...but, I see a lot of money wasted by Target so I don't know why I'm even surprised. :/

About 2 years ago, I was a first time pog TL & cosmetics put my team & I behind. It sucked, i had leadership looking at me like "why am I not doing my job correctly" lack of support really does suck, but please make sure you are being vocal about what u need.

Don't ignore present or future sets, if you keep trying to back track you are going to end up in a worse situation than what u are. This is what I did to catch up on cosmetics.

2 weeks out stationary was resetting, I had a TNT meeting with STL, HR, ETL SF, & My ETL ( ETL LOG) I told them that if I was given extra hours allocated that week, that we would be able to catch up on cosmetics that week. I don't remember the small details but let's say stationary was an 80 hour set. I planned on having it done all in one night. The next night we did all revisions for the week. Team leaders were told they had to set their own sale planners for that week. We spent the last 3 days catching up on cosmetics. I should them the hours the adjacency calander said it would take and told them I need hours for team members to demerch, push, pull pog batches.

I know it sucks a lot, but you gotta get the ball rolling and come up with a game plan.

Omg, there is no way any of those is an 8 hour pog. It's so ridiculous we are being held to those numbers...downstocking deodorant alone was super time consuming. Our etl has never been on plano so he's clueless and doesn't seem to believe our tl when she tries to explain why we are behind.

To think corporate wastes so much money paying people to make these asinine time estimates...why bother if they are wrong so often?? ...but, I see a lot of money wasted by Target so I don't know why I'm even surprised. :/

Well, that and the whole part where they don't give you the hours it says you need to begin with. I mean, the corporate estimates say it takes 120 hrs to set for the week? Well, here's 60, make it work. -_- I think if corporate would cough up a percentage of hours for mandated processes (you know the ones that don't change based on sales) we'd all be doing a lot better.

Well, that and the whole part where they don't give you the hours it says you need to begin with. I mean, the corporate estimates say it takes 120 hrs to set for the week? Well, here's 60, make it work. -_- I think if corporate would cough up a percentage of hours for mandated processes (you know the ones that don't change based on sales) we'd all be doing a lot better.
Even when we get them it's often just not working. Pog doesn't get cut hours at our store often. I'm more likely to get signing hours allocated away from me if I'm given more than my 28.5 for the week. Bts I got my 28.5 but was expected to build every shipper. Over 50hrs of work in 28.5hrs of time. Because the rest was pog and I couldn't be spared they needed me to set pogs because the team was behind. Rawr.

Take advantage of less time-sensitive sets; despite the old POGs breaking down, a whole lot of sales probably won't be lost by delaying an aisle of sporting goods or a revision here and there. However, with rear/mini seasonal coming up sacrifices will have to made to make sure those are taken care of.

These past few weeks have been unreal in terms of the presentation workload, with the downstocking and actual cleaning and resetting, every aisle was barely finished at the end of shifts, not even accounting for pulling and pushing, which had to be covered by just about every other team in the store. It's both comforting and disturbing to know that these trends seem company-wide, and just goes further to show how far TWT is off the mark.

How is presentation on the same grade as electronics again?

Take advantage of less time-sensitive sets; despite the old POGs breaking down, a whole lot of sales probably won't be lost by delaying an aisle of sporting goods or a revision here and there. However, with rear/mini seasonal coming up sacrifices will have to made to make sure those are taken care of.

These past few weeks have been unreal in terms of the presentation workload, with the downstocking and actual cleaning and resetting, every aisle was barely finished at the end of shifts, not even accounting for pulling and pushing, which had to be covered by just about every other team in the store. It's both comforting and disturbing to know that these trends seem company-wide, and just goes further to show how far TWT is off the mark.

How is presentation on the same grade as electronics again?
Its not at my store. They get a quarter more, gsa fifty cents, pog gets a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back