Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversion of all front end cashier positions into independent contractor positions. In place of hourly pay, each independently contracted cashier must ring up 1500 guests in the week. It doesn't matter how many hours are put into, just the the 1500 quota is met. Not met=no pay. Enough independently contracted cashiers will always be hired so that average cashier can expect to ring 800 guests a week, skewing the possibility of getting your 1500 quota to be very slim. As it is a contracted employee, no benefits are necessary.

edit: I suppose I should have used sarcasm font...
So, almost like Mobile...

Rumor has it... That MyDevices will slowly be implemented to high risk stores for the AP Team.

Nothing will probably come of it... Just like the failed TPS Podium, but who knows. It'd be quite cool to have Mobile Video in your pocket ;)

I feel like even if AP changes as much as everyone here says it will, they still won't be allowed to use the registers. I mean, they're still security.

They should just change those blue polos to red, but keep the "SECURITY" text on the back.

The TPS Role will be merged and removed by the new Asset Protection TM position.

Sr. Tps'es could make apps. What will happen to that role, I'm not sure.
There's not many Sr. TPS' left, at least in my group. Our store is small so we barely get to use our TPS as it is anyway. I just don't know how they expect an APTM to do TPS duties and backup cashier. We're already spread thin between my AP-TL and myself the only ones doing AP duties.

I just don't know how they expect an APTM to do TPS duties and backup cashier. We're already spread thin between my AP-TL and myself the only ones doing AP duties.
I think the expansion of APTL's and ETL-AP's assisting as LOD's and backup cart attendants is worse.

I don't think they have anything planned for the APS'es yet... So that's good. If they improve the god-awful TPS uniforms and leave the position alone... We'd be lucky. But... We probably won't get that lucky :/

Seems like they've been slowly whittling down AP until they just use a third-party company or something. Such an emphasis on apps when there's barely a functioning AP team.

Don't see a third party getting involved. There's no money to be made in AP for another company to get involved.

As far as this AP TM and apprehensions, are we talking assisting or doing solo apps? Big difference.

Putting them in red and khaki isn't necessarily a bad idea though. Honestly Target should just go the undercover role for everyone, but we know that isn't happening.

Last edited:
Don't see a third party getting involved. There's no money to be made in AP for another company to get involved.

As far as this AP TM and apprehensions, are we talking assisting or doing solo apps? Big difference.

Putting them in red and khaki isn't necessarily a bad idea though. Honestly Target should just go the undercover role for everyone, but we know that isn't happening.
I'd like to see it be all undercover but personally I'd be okay in red and khaki. As for apps I'm not sure I feel confident that I could do solo apps and that the other TPSs I work with could but company wide I'm not so sure

I personally like the fact that we have uniformed AP, as even if TPS's can't do too much, the uniform, at least from what I've seen, does work at keeping the honest folks happy and the amateur boosters a little scared.

Solo apps would be hard for a APTM, only reason APS can really do it is because there's little to no TM presence so you can observe the steps. The whole point of TPS is uniformed presence, stick them on a lane and not only aren't they stopping anyone but even if they notice something off they won't be able to do anything aside from a receipt check at the most. There's nothing to be gained here and a lot to be lost aside from Target kidding us into thinking they're not swapping our TPS' for a damn backup cashier.

Solo apps are annoying and just increase the safety risk, I don't see why altering how they function can possibly be a good idea.

Oh, continued roll out on the Market Source taking over Electronics initiative. Electronics team members will be merged into salesfloor TM's or cashiers.

Continued experimentation with contracted salesfloor associates, such as the beauty concierge to replace brand team members.

Market will continue to expand with it's organic and "fresh" line, but consumables will no extra support to account for the smaller short dated items or produce that needs to be culled on a more frequent basis.

Continued experimentation with contracted salesfloor associates, such as the beauty concierge to replace brand team members.
I work in a store that has a beauty concierge. It's very helpful to guests. Before we had that position guests were constantly coming to the pharmacy to ask for makeup advice. It was awkward as our specialty is drugs and not makeup or hair dye.

I'm sure it's probably been helpful from an AP perspective as well. Cosmetics had always been one of our top shortage departments.

I've again heard the combination of ETL HR and GE, with HRs taking the front lanes focus to allow the current ETL SF/GE and ETL GEs to convert to additional SF roles.

I've again heard the combination of ETL HR and GE, with HRs taking the front lanes focus to allow the current ETL SF/GE and ETL GEs to convert to additional SF roles.
What about HR/AP ETLs?

I work in a store that has a beauty concierge. It's very helpful to guests. Before we had that position guests were constantly coming to the pharmacy to ask for makeup advice. It was awkward as our specialty is drugs and not makeup or hair dye.

I'm sure it's probably been helpful from an AP perspective as well. Cosmetics had always been one of our top shortage departments.
Are the beauty concierge Target employees or outside vendor? Thought I heard they are part of Boots vendor.

I think they are an outside vendor. I can verify that with one of the ladies on Monday.

Base pay goes up to $10.50/hr to compete with Walmart's $10.00/hr in February. Hopefully PA's pay go up too.

Is that company-wide or just in your area? Because we are already at $10.50 at my store because of the high cost of living in my area, but I haven't heard anything about the base pay rising company-wide.

Is that company-wide or just in your area? Because we are already at $10.50 at my store because of the high cost of living in my area, but I haven't heard anything about the base pay rising company-wide.
$13 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back