Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base pay will go up, but it's not retroactive with your current raises.
As long as we still get our review raises on top of it, it'll be fine with me.

If I can get up to $11, I'll be satisfied with that amount for this job.

They should just change those blue polos to red, but keep the "SECURITY" text on the back.

No. We don't need more guests annoying us during PMRs/apps/security incidents. And red polos will reduce the security presence even more than it is now because we'll look identical to every other TM. They should just change us back to the old uniform. It looked professional and iconic to the Target brand, made the honest guests feel safe, and intimidated the dishonest ones. In the old uniform I've stopped fights between guests just by walking up to them in uniform, and got the credit card fraud people to leave the store just by seeing me. It worked really well and was also safer when we backed up the APS during an apprehension, because having someone that looks like a law enforcement officer was more intimidating to the shoplifter instead of just someone in plain clothes.

Last edited:
that would/will be an out right disaster. so that being said it most likely will happen

They have already done this at my store and it is terrible! That is why, logistics, the backbone of the store is failing every day!!

No. We don't need more guests annoying us during PMRs/apps/security incidents. And red polos will reduce the security presence even more than it is now because we'll look identical to every other TM. They should just change us back to the old uniform. It looked professional and iconic to the Target brand, made the honest guests feel safe, and intimidated the dishonest ones. In the old uniform I've stopped fights between guests just by walking up to them in uniform, and got the credit card fraud people to leave the store just by seeing me. It worked really well and was also safer when we backed up the APS during an apprehension, because having someone that looks like a law enforcement officer was more intimidating to the shoplifter instead of just someone in plain clothes.
I have people come up to me when I'm obviously hiding and watching someone and ask me where shit is

I have people come up to me when I'm obviously hiding and watching someone and ask me where shit is

Sometimes I just flat out tell them "I'm sorry, I'm store security and I'm in the middle of dealing with an urgent situation." or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Sometimes I just flat out tell them "I'm sorry, I'm store security and I'm in the middle of dealing with an urgent situation." or something to that effect.
I think that's probably the best way to deal with it

I think that's probably the best way to deal with it

I haven't had a guest get mad at me for that, they usually understand actually. As AP it's still our primary job to protect the store and its assets.

Rumor TPS will turn into AP team member and will have to provide back up for cashiers and will have limited camera acesss.

I doubt that. The backup cashier part makes no sense, since TPS lack register access even.

Well that's one opinion :D My TPS buddies all say they hated that old uniform because you just looked like a rent-a-cop lol.

I do this all the time now because of the massive amount of times I get asked for things by guests. I am not even kidding when I say I cannot walk to the other side of the store without hearing "Excuse me...Sir Sir! Do you work here?" About 3 times.

I do this all the time now because of the massive amount of times I get asked for things by guests. I am not even kidding when I say I cannot walk to the other side of the store without hearing "Excuse me...Sir Sir! Do you work here?" About 3 times.
I get stopped at Wal-Mart wearing red and khaki. And Joanns, Michael's, tj max, petco...

Seeing the amount of shortage across the different districts in the country, I feel like AP will be left as-is for the most part. Low-risk stores might see some type of change to save on overall payroll...but that's all I can see happening with AP. If they are investing in a cheaper type of merchandise protection, that might be the majority of the AP budget cut for next year.

My store seems to be the expection because we still have almost every position available that is getting cut in other stores lol. For AP we have two APS and a Sr. APS an APTL and an ETL-AP plus 6 TPS and a Sr.TPS

Actually it's a very wealthy area, we are located in a huge mall so I'm assuming it's because of that.
Your store sounds like it's very high volume, which comes with high shortage, which is more than just theft. My store is very similar but we have more TPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back