Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your store sounds like it's very high volume, which comes with high shortage, which is more than just theft. My store is very similar but we have more TPS.
It is very high volume so I always thought that's why we had a larger than average AP team.

My mole in HR just informed me that they raised starting cashier pay to $12/hr, which is more than I make as a GSA with over two years service. We're not currently hiring cashiers, but they had better give me a raise before they start.

Since cashiers are the bottom of the hierarchy, you should at least be bumped up to $12.

My mole in HR just informed me that they raised starting cashier pay to $12/hr, which is more than I make as a GSA with over two years service. We're not currently hiring cashiers, but they had better give me a raise before they start.
Don't hold your breath. I make less than seasonal hires and the rest of the fucking salesfloor, who were all bumped to the same pay...so after almost five years I make about thirty cents less than my 4month hire.

Reactions: Fyi
Don't hold your breath. I make less than seasonal hires and the rest of the fucking salesfloor, who were all bumped to the same pay...so after almost five years I make about thirty cents less than my 4month hire.
Just so everyone knows, what you're talking about isn't how it's supposed to be.

Anytime the starting wage increases anyone under that gets the bump up. That also causes the ranges for every other pay grade to raise. So if you're under the new start for your pg you get a bump. If you make over the new start you don't get a bump, but your maximum will be raised, so you won't cap out (reach your max wage in your pg) as quickly.

I've ran 4 increases in stores and they've all worked that way.

That's how it was at my store last year. Seasonal hires and basically anyone hired from December on were started at $9/hr. At that time, base wage was $7.75. No adjustments were made until review time, so we had a bunch of new employees earning more than people who had been there for a few years. So cashiers making more than GSAs, etc.

My prorated raise at review time put me at $.10 more than a fellow cashier who had been there 2 years more, so not sure that Target makes it right for employees who have several years on the job.

Just so everyone knows, what you're talking about isn't how it's supposed to be.

Anytime the starting wage increases anyone under that gets the bump up. That also causes the ranges for every other pay grade to raise. So if you're under the new start for your pg you get a bump. If you make over the new start you don't get a bump, but your maximum will be raised, so you won't cap out (reach your max wage in your pg) as quickly.

Seasonal hires aren't the normal base pay here, they are often increased because we can't keep anyone or get applicants. We have the lowest staffing and worst retention in our district.

This is right on!

Sometimes I just flat out tell them "I'm sorry, I'm store security and I'm in the middle of dealing with an urgent situation." or something to that effect.
I think that's probably the best way to deal with it
Oh...You mean I shouldn't be telling them to fuck off and leave me alone? I suppose that might make people less pissy. Not as fun though.

Okay so most districts should've had their AE meetings. Anyone have any info?!?

Our STLs are having there's today, store meeting on Monday.

One thing I noticed is this year HQ didn't send books to the store. So the STLs (at least here) had no heads up to what they were walking into.

My store seems to be the expection because we still have almost every position available that is getting cut in other stores lol. For AP we have two APS and a Sr. APS an APTL and an ETL-AP plus 6 TPS and a Sr.TPS
Daaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn

Conversion of all front end cashier positions into independent contractor positions. In place of hourly pay, each independently contracted cashier must ring up 1500 guests in the week. It doesn't matter how many hours are put into, just the the 1500 quota is met. Not met=no pay. Enough independently contracted cashiers will always be hired so that average cashier can expect to ring 800 guests a week, skewing the possibility of getting your 1500 quota to be very slim. As it is a contracted employee, no benefits are necessary.

edit: I suppose I should have used sarcasm font...
For a moment I thought you were serious! lol but yea If spot could get away with it... I am sure they would!

Lmao if this happens at my store.
I would love to see that happen, heads would roll. :D
at my old store they combined the ETL GE/HL/SL... ugh... the woman already covers a lot! I cant imagine her doing HR too... or lack there of!

My ETL-HR is useless so to see her try to run GE would be hilarious. Our current ETL-SF/GE is so busy it would help her out a lot.
oh yea! I am almost tempted to go back and troll that ETL but I don't want to get "banned" from the store... too many people I like still work there and I like to see them when I go in.

My prorated raise at review time put me at $.10 more than a fellow cashier who had been there 2 years more, so not sure that Target makes it right for employees who have several years on the job.
They haven't for me unfortunately. Perhaps I should quit and come back after Spot sorts out its policies.

They haven't for me unfortunately. Perhaps I should quit and come back after Spot sorts out its policies.

Same goes for tenured team members when they raise the starting wage. $2.25 over 2 years at my store. No increase for long term people. So a 8-year person is now making pennies more than a new one. Thats all sorts of fkd up.

I brought up that same concern here and at my store. No one had an answer and no one on leadership really even cared about it.
It may not be that they don't care. It's that they have no control over it. No way to impact it. No involvement in the decision to screw over the long timers. They can't do anything for us. We will make close to the new hires and that's that. It has happened to me for 20 years with target. As early as 1995 when starting pay went from 3.35 an hour to 4.25. Yep that's right folks, I'm old. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back