Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my AE meeting! Going down to a B volume, going to a 6am process vs 4am, losing my GE and two sales floor team leaders! Glad to be moving to CTL in three weeks!
Wow, that's quite the cut. I am wondering what's happening to our ULV store. We're pretty much reduced to the bare minimum.

That is a fear we all have but we have 3etls 3 sr tl and 3tl. Good luck snipping even more while keeping everything running smooth

Had my AE meeting! Going down to a B volume, going to a 6am process vs 4am, losing my GE and two sales floor team leaders! Glad to be moving to CTL in three weeks!
That's scary! Our TL headcount somehow went up right before Black Friday and we got a fresh Sr. TL. Our sales weren't that great last year though... Our AE meeting is Friday. Hopefully I still have a reason to visit this forum afterwards!

We had no cuts but they did explain the review process and how it changed. They eliminated the leadership expectations and broke it down to four categories called "Target Behaviors."

They also eliminated position specific core roles. New core roles will be on workbench according to my STL in a few weeks.

Everyone has the same AE scorecard now identified as Key Metrics Index. It is only a component of our overall review.

They eliminated area common core roles. Position specific core roles still exist but they are narrowed down to the most crucial roles for each position. Position specific core roles are no longer an exhaustive list of the detailed processes team members are responsible for. Training will be even more important now that there's less defined core roles to fall back on.

They eliminated area common core roles. Position specific core roles still exist but they are narrowed down to the most crucial roles for each position. Position specific core roles are no longer an exhaustive list of the detailed processes team members are responsible for. Training will be even more important now that there's less defined core roles to fall back on.
So is there a broad "Team Member Core Roles" we can fall back on for things that apply to everyone? ie providing "fast, fun, and friendly service to guests" etc

There's core roles for each level (TM, TL, ETL) and then there's position specific core roles for each job.

As an AP team member, I heartily disagree. I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure AP is going to be jerked around again.
There have been rumors floating around of a directive change. Since they already stripped Sr. TPS and Sr. APS Positions and changed TPS uniforms to make us look like glorified Walmart greeters, I wouldn't be surprised if they take away our handcuffs next.

There have been rumors floating around of a directive change. Since they already stripped Sr. TPS and Sr. APS Positions and changed TPS uniforms to make us look like glorified Walmart greeters, I wouldn't be surprised if they take away our handcuffs next.
Hopefully they will allow us to do fitting room and restroom stops...I can dream right?

Per Workbench:

AP Trainings have been update to reflect Target Express AP Team Memebers now conducting external apprehensions.

If anything it sounds like they are giving those people more power. Would also explain the position of "AP Team Member" that was floating around awhile back.

I'm pretty sure not many, if any, retailers allow those.
Kohl's I know allows them, mainly due to their fitting rooms being the #1 spot for all their thieves to conceal. Not sure what their policies are on restrooms. With the amount of tags I find in the fitting rooms at my store, we would truck external results if we got the green light to make fitting room stops.

Kohl's I know allows them, mainly due to their fitting rooms being the #1 spot for all their thieves to conceal. Not sure what their policies are on restrooms. With the amount of tags I find in the fitting rooms at my store, we would truck external results if we got the green light to make fitting room stops.
sounds like your fitting room team sucks. If you have a store where they don't let the operator actually be operator then I understand. If it's just a case of your team looking at what they have and not checking, then yeah your fr team sucks.

That varies by local laws. Some areas it's not shoplifting until they pass through the door. In others just the act of concealment constitutes shoplifting. Target is pretty standard across the board with company policies. I don't see them making different polices for different states/cities.

My local laws permit fitting room/restroom stops but you have to establish a clear and documented pattern of previous thefts by that subject. I've only done them a couple times and it was when my investigator gave me a direct order to do so.

Hopefully they will allow us to do fitting room and restroom stops...I can dream right?

I doubt this, as I am sure everyone (no matter their position) would agree with me when I say Target loves to not only throw handcuffs at its employees, but demands we take them.. Then asks us to tap our head, while we rub our stomachs.

sounds like your fitting room team sucks. If you have a store where they don't let the operator actually be operator then I understand. If it's just a case of your team looking at what they have and not checking, then yeah your fr team sucks.
Some blame does rest with them, but being a fairly high volume store that's understaffed, its not uncommon that all the softlines TMs are on backup as cashiers. And when there is only one or two people working, theyre usually too overwhelmed with reshop to man the fitting room. I have even tried to partner with the ETL and STL for the area but they don't see allocating one person to only secure the fitting room to be a priority when, as I said, we are short staffed and they could be better put to use elsewhere to keep business flowing.
That varies by local laws. Some areas it's not shoplifting until they pass through the door. In others just the act of concealment constitutes shoplifting. Target is pretty standard across the board with company policies. I don't see them making different polices for different states/cities.
I'm not saying we should be able to apprehend them as soon as they step out of the fitting room, I actually fully support waiting until they reach the doors, as even if you can app them for concealment in some states, the probable cause isn't concrete until they move to exit. Where I am, we can't make stops for the fitting room period, because the fitting room constitutes a loss to continuous observation, even if they enter with a purse and 5 clothing items, and leave with the purse noticeably bigger and nothing left behind in the fitting room. Making fitting room stops is allowed in my state, but our directives forbid it for my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back