Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm... Kohls has a DEBIT Kohls card????

Umm... you need the routing and account numbers from a checking account to set up an ACH/EBT transfer I doubt many walking around with those memorized or written down, except on a check...
we have a lot who ask specifically if they can open one if the know the routing account info. a lot of people don't use checks if they don't have rent. they have their info for direct deposit and other stuff.

My routing and account numbers are in my banking app.... And if I didn't use the app, I could just open the browser on my phone and look it up

Is this uncommon or something?

Some banks just show the last four digits. I just look at one of my checks. I have an account for scottrade and use ach bank transfers with routing number

Oh. Usaa shows it all. BofA did last I used them (4 years ago, at least), too.

I use Wells Fargo because if you make 500$ per paycheck the account is free. But these next two weeks my checks will be below that. Wonder if I'll get a magical 'maintenance' fee. Whatever the fuck that is. :) (Wells Fargo is the bank target uses)

Anyone have issues w Wells Fargo? I'm fed up w mine. They wouldn't accept a deposit from my spouse into my separate account even though we have a joint account w them.

My routing and account numbers are in my banking app.... And if I didn't use the app, I could just open the browser on my phone and look it up

Is this uncommon or something?

It is uncommon in that probably 99% wouldn't think to look there. I don't know if the mobile application/program for my bank shows it, I know it is visible if you dig through enough links on the web site.

Having that information for any other reason with out a check... not likely. I am probably one of those whackos who can recite both off the top of my head... it just happens to be one of my many talents... which comes in handy or is a curse.. :) ;)

Hmm... never met any one old or young that had that info at hand with out a check...hmmm... nope never seen such a thing in the wild here.
they don't have it on hand, but they want the card and are looking to sign up instore and found out their info. i'm in a college town so the non check people can find it out are common.

So I have heard that Home Innovation remodels are on an indefinite hold if not outright canceled, because it has hurt store sales, this is a "I heard from my ETL from a Remodel ETL" type scenario, so who knows, but if it is true I wonder what this could mean for VML.

S but if it is true I wonder what this could mean for VML.

Exactly what everyone here posted in the VML thread that got most them and their panties in a twist!

BUHHHBYE!!! BUHHHHBYE!!!

It is a duplication of PPTL and POG Team IMO. Give the POG team the hours to do THEIR JOBS!

Same with SPP, regardless of area, SL, HL, Market.. that is PRESENTATION, so its P-O-G!

So I have heard that Home Innovation remodels are on an indefinite hold if not outright canceled, because it has hurt store sales, this is a "I heard from my ETL from a Remodel ETL" type scenario, so who knows, but if it is true I wonder what this could mean for VML.

Strange, because I heard that my store was slated to get the Home Innovation remodel, along with all stores in my district, in...late summer iirc.

Exactly what everyone here posted in the VML thread that got most them and their panties in a twist!

BUHHHBYE!!! BUHHHHBYE!!!

It is a duplication of PPTL and POG Team IMO. Give the POG team the hours to do THEIR JOBS!

Same with SPP, regardless of area, SL, HL, Market.. that is PRESENTATION, so its P-O-G!

Agreed.

Hmm... never met any one old or young that had that info at hand with out a check...hmmm... nope never seen such a thing in the wild here.

Well I certainly know my account numbers - but I also do banking in person (not digitally) and have had the same accounts for almost 15 years. Also, routing numbers are public - you can literally google them. I used to process financial transactions over the phone in two past jobs - one being collections -- so I've looked up a million routing numbers and never had an issue there.

Well I certainly know my account numbers - but I also do banking in person (not digitally) and have had the same accounts for almost 15 years. Also, routing numbers are public - you can literally google them. I used to process financial transactions over the phone in two past jobs - one being collections -- so I've looked up a million routing numbers and never had an issue there.

I've been doing electronic banking loooooonnnnnnnggg before the "web banking" of today... I know the routing number because its one of those freaky repeating things that sticks.... and same with my account numbers... but I have this thing to stick things into memory like product locations :) ;) and they never get out! :) ;)

Most here wouldn't know they could access that info via a phone application or even online if they have it. No matter how attached to their little devices they are... Even the few "younger" on my team don't..

Yes they are on hold. Again, Target is close to a good idea but screwed it up in execution. Home Innovation will only be successful if it drives Target.com Sales, and therefore needs enough floor space and displays to represent key items Target.com can supply (swatches of colors, examples of sizes on the ground). It also needs a TM with an Ipad who can place the orders for the guests and try and get them hooked to the website. If furniture sales in stores comp down (already are anyway), but online is comping up, its a win because online is the bigger marketplace in general.

Instead what we did is make our furniture focals bigger and prettier, and hoped it would drive attachment items.

BUHHHBYE!!! BUHHHHBYE!!!

there's a huge difference if you get a vml that corp was intending to hire and one who was hired to fill the position.

we got the former. he went to school specifically for visual marketing, created planograms for other stores etc. most of the time creating an endcap was throw shit to be full. our plano tl doesn't care about visuals.

spend time and learn, we see what moves product. what draws the eye. there aren't a ton of visual marketing people who want a pay grade 17 and at least ours took the position because of dumbing down to work in the area.

there's a huge difference if you get a vml that corp was intending to hire and one who was hired to fill the position.

Based on that thread, I guess we got one of the few internal hires for that spot.

I might have more support and faith in this position if IF there was some of these "visual geniuses" hired here, and get some of the so called "benefits" ie: MORE SALES this is "supposed" to bring... if it gets me to an A and ON LOG process then I will support it 100%. It won't due to the person who filled it here..along with some other changes, cough CAF, cough..... The shuffle of TL's here to fill this spot was just part of the recent comic relief.

we got the former. he went to school specifically for visual marketing, created planograms for other stores etc. most of the time creating an endcap was throw shit to be full. our plano tl doesn't care about visuals.

spend time and learn, we see what moves product. what draws the eye. there aren't a ton of visual marketing people who want a pay grade 17 and at least ours took the position because of dumbing down to work in the area.

Well I am one of the few who don't "buy in" to the whole endcap and focal and visual malarkey.... LOONG BEFORE I worked in retail... I couldn't care less about what is on the endcap(s)... if I go shopping I go direct to G15, and scarf up the MoM Colossal Crunch.. etc... I rarely if ever looked at them unless that was the only location of the product which obviously is not the case, mostly... I've actually been over the years (before TGT) tuned into this and become very anti marketing trap sucker. The only reason I know whats on EC(s) is because I have to ensure that my team fills them! :) ;)

Matter of fact some this visual stuff leads to BAD "vibes" with guests... Example... the hosiery legs have one particular leggings on them.. have since set... and it leads to "do you have this..." Well NO. We've never had them actually. And if they get the wrong SL TM they have no idea. It just is a vicious cycle. that if I were to rip that pair of leggings off the leg (OH MY A "naked leg !!! Oh the humanity! :eek: :) ;) ) or my TM(s) there would be a flip out of epic proportions.. It has been brought to the TL and now the VML, it is still there. I guess with the upcoming spring set that will change... and we will get a new variety of legging that is the only one... and the cycle continues.. When you display something and DON'T HAVE IT... Bad guest interaction, bad "vibes" (yeah I know it really is not that any more) and LOST SALES! FAIL! Yes 100% the SL TL and now the VML should both be fixing this, they have not, and just seem to reject out of hand changing it, and like I said if my Flow SL girls were to change it... BOOOM! Nuclear Armageddon!

So again, if the VML want to get my backing then they better jump to and increase my sales to A or better! :) ;) Ain't going to happen...

So... while I get it that the errr... guests, yeah guests... 98% of the time need some of the "visual" stuff I am very tuned out of it.

Based on that thread, I guess we got one of the few internal hires for that spot.

I might have more support and faith in this position if IF there was some of these "visual geniuses" hired here, and get some of the so called "benefits" ie: MORE SALES this is "supposed" to bring... if it gets me to an A and ON LOG process then I will support it 100%. It won't due to the person who filled it here..along with some other changes, cough CAF, cough..... The shuffle of TL's here to fill this spot was just part of the recent comic relief.

Well I am one of the few who don't "buy in" to the whole endcap and focal and visual malarkey.... LOONG BEFORE I worked in retail... I couldn't care less about what is on the endcap(s)... if I go shopping I go direct to G15, and scarf up the MoM Colossal Crunch.. etc... I rarely if ever looked at them unless that was the only location of the product which obviously is not the case, mostly... I've actually been over the years (before TGT) tuned into this and become very anti marketing trap sucker. The only reason I know whats on EC(s) is because I have to ensure that my team fills them! :) ;)

Matter of fact some this visual stuff leads to BAD "vibes" with guests... Example... the hosiery legs have one particular leggings on them.. have since set... and it leads to "do you have this..." Well NO. We've never had them actually. And if they get the wrong SL TM they have no idea. It just is a vicious cycle. that if I were to rip that pair of leggings off the leg (OH MY A "naked leg !!! Oh the humanity! :eek: :) ;) ) or my TM(s) there would be a flip out of epic proportions.. It has been brought to the TL and now the VML, it is still there. I guess with the upcoming spring set that will change... and we will get a new variety of legging that is the only one... and the cycle continues.. When you display something and DON'T HAVE IT... Bad guest interaction, bad "vibes" (yeah I know it really is not that any more) and LOST SALES! FAIL! Yes 100% the SL TL and now the VML should both be fixing this, they have not, and just seem to reject out of hand changing it, and like I said if my Flow SL girls were to change it... BOOOM! Nuclear Armageddon!

So again, if the VML want to get my backing then they better jump to and increase my sales to A or better! :) ;) Ain't going to happen...

So... while I get it that the errr... guests, yeah guests... 98% of the time need some of the "visual" stuff I am very tuned out of it.
you didn't care what's on an endcap. but have you ever been to any store and bought something that you didn't intend to because you saw it? even if you're the type who goes into a store and just gets bread and milk and don't care you walked around most of the store its a thing. i've been in charge of checklane endcaps and can tell you there's going to be product that doesn't sell at all in home location but we'll sell a ton if i feature it in a high traffic end cap.

yeah if you have outdated mannequins that aren't in the approved distance that's softlines, vml that failed. one of their jobs is to make sure that's right. you have a team member not doing their job, not the position is idiotic.

having someone actually trained in visual merch is an asset. having shit in there cause you have the position open gets you shit.

My store is lucky to have a talented VML who has helped with sales through her focals. (She was also an internal transfer, used to be an LOD at another store but the position got to being too stressful but she didn't want to leave the company.) Her coordination knowledge has been a godsend for selling grab-and-go furniture that used to sit on the shelves till it went salvage in the past.

**I didn't ever think much of this either until I worked on the POG team (I have been with Target for 7+ years & on the POG team for 6+) I am the person on my team that completes the Visual Adjacencies ( my store doesn't have a VMTL). I couldn't help but notice when I was setting my FIRST adjacency that people were starting to look at ( and pick up and try on) the items that I was arranging. Most of the items had been in the store for a week or two, but not put together so they had sat on the floor unnoticed. As I worked longer on POG I also noticed how (usually) well placed many endcaps are. That endcap with the cute pillows for the next upcoming holiday, you can see the decorative pillow aisle when you look at them. That endcap of cough & cold items in the Winter is in sight of the whole cough and cold aisle. They're not only meant to generate sales from themselves alone, but to draw people down the aisle as well.**

That BAD "vibe" comes from Corporate and doesn't fall into the realm of something a VMTL would fix. The planogram for the tights, that is set by the POG team includes what tight goes on what leg. I have never set the legs but they look to me to be a single leg (and not a pair that could be replaced). So even IF a VMTL took it upon him/herself to fix this problem they would be unable to (or it would look much worse if they DID). The mannequins in other areas wear prescribed outfits (and secondary outfits should those sell out). Following Brand a VMTL would use those outfits and only get creative once these options are sold out. My store has mannequins in Active for the sports bras ( I call them boobequins), and those have a prescribed bra and then a secondary. On occasion both of those have sold out & I have had to get creative.

That BAD "vibe" comes from Corporate and doesn't fall into the realm of something a VMTL would fix. The planogram for the tights, that is set by the POG team includes what tight goes on what leg. I have never set the legs but they look to me to be a single leg (and not a pair that could be replaced). So even IF a VMTL took it upon him/herself to fix this problem they would be unable to (or it would look much worse if they DID). The mannequins in other areas wear prescribed outfits (and secondary outfits should those sell out). Following Brand a VMTL would use those outfits and only get creative once these options are sold out. My store has mannequins in Active for the sports bras ( I call them boobequins), and those have a prescribed bra and then a secondary. On occasion both of those have sold out & I have had to get creative.
The legs change with the pog. If they sell out quickly it's simply too bad. Same with any other discontinued crap in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back