Archived AE 2016? Rumors and Predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also eliminated position specific core roles. New core roles will be on workbench according to my STL in a few weeks.

What does this even mean? As a PA of the Past, and currently Signing, my specific core roles are quite well defined. I am imagining the PFresh Order being done by whoever is the most hungry at the time, and currently not on a lane.

Got a chunk of the rollout at huddle. Instead of six focus areas like last year we have fifteen. Vibe and Redcard will be played down while cashier speed and salesfloor speed will be a thing again...

Got a chunk of the rollout at huddle. Instead of six focus areas like last year we have fifteen. Vibe and Redcard will be played down while cashier speed and salesfloor speed will be a thing again...

I was told the same by my ETL-GE yesterday. It explained why are Red Card Goals dropped quite a bit despite our Store Volume going up. I was even told to let my cashiers know that they no loner need to even mention the surveys.
My store will have no issues with the cashier speed as we are constantly ranked either 1st or 2nd in our Group each week. Salesfloor speed though really needs some work as I am constantly hearing 3rd requests and that was before they added a bunch of new call boxes this week

I was told in the AE meeting that red cards now need to be pushed by the sales floor even more. I wasn't told that it wouldn't be one of the focuses.

Hmm, year to date I am yellow cashier speed. Barely. Like 87.xx

Thus far that hasn't mattered at all, I am faster than average at my store, I just don't bother to game the system (suspend when I shouldn't, hit total, back, total again, etc, open drawer before guest has counted their change) which many of our cashiers do. I'm not sure if I am fastest cashier at the store, might be some that bag faster than me, but I'm definitely fastest at the service desk returns.

RedCards are not going away, and are still a component of the Key Metric Index. I am extremely glad turnover is a part of this now as well...and from the little message from Janna Potts, it sounds like engagement and retention will be very strong focuses this year and onward. This is a good thing...let's keep our trained Team Members on board so we don't have to train new ones and spend the time interviewing!

I hope they know that a big part of retaining talent are pay incentives. I'm all for limiting turnover so we can actually build a great team but benefits, pay, and incentives for performance are all great ways to prevent high turnover.

I hope they know that a big part of retaining talent are pay incentives. I'm all for limiting turnover so we can actually build a great team but benefits, pay, and incentives for performance are all great ways to prevent high turnover.
After being dust under the chariot wheels as an experienced flow team member it would be refreshing to be recognized in a substantive, meaningful way-pay and benefits. If Spot doesn't put its money where it's mouth is and soon, I'm gone. :)

Yes, all of that, plus recognizing that an experienced TM should be paid more than the new hire fresh off the street! Experienced staff have continually lost several years of raises each time Target raises the starting wage. There's a saying, you get what you pay for. If you keep paying entry level wages, you are only going to have entry level workers.

I was told in the AE meeting that red cards now need to be pushed by the sales floor even more. I wasn't told that it wouldn't be one of the focuses.

Well if I am a SFTM and I and irritating aka "pushing" guests with this RC stuff... I sure as hell WANT CREDIT for them, OFFICIAL LOGGED credit! I am not passing them off to GS or a cashier to do... NOPE.

So while some SFTM is wasting time with this by some cumbersome process... the SF metric goes to crap... talk about way to fail. :mad:

The whole RC thing needs to be toned down, WAY DOWN! Yeah yeah.. 14% more likely to do this or that yeah I've heard all that before... Now.. how about YOU get on the frontlines and FEEL THE WRATH of GUESTS over being harranged on RC! They despise it! Down right DESPISE IT! It is right up there with those annoying perfume sprayer zombies. :p

Since its like taking a final exam when you checkout now.. if you use a NON REDCARD.. then ASK THEM about RC on the terminal! Then if they want to do this.. that guest needs to be moved over to a dedicated area to handle that process. So GUESTS BEHIND them don't start to riot. Yes I've watched them, and then had to deal with their wrath when a cashier has to do the sign up for a RC.. NOW you need fast service... talk about an endless cycle of FAIL!

Checkout is there to check out! They want to pay and get out! FAST!

Checkout is going to have to get their stuff together, and harranging about RC is one way to sink that score!

MasterofLog it sounds like you have relevant experience and energy, do you prefer experienced employees that might want compensation or simply use new hires?

MasterofLog it sounds like you have relevant experience and energy, do you prefer experienced employees that might want compensation or simply use new hires?

EXPERIENCED WORKERS, by and large. I have a very ELDER FLOW team. Most have been there for years. Years before I got there, and those who have been there a good while with me. Keeping them is an issue be it PAY, HOURS, and benefits. Those who need/want benefits have to come up with 30 hours per week or more to get them/keep them. Well that means you have to do more than just Flow. We get 4 trucks, so that is FOUR shifts of 4 hours each or 16 hours. So you need at least 14 more hours per week or more, at least right now, as nobody is staying past scheduled time without approval from two dead popes! :) Some of my team do get more they will work ~ 20 hours as they work a fifth day for autofills. This is pretty much a set in stone group for the 3 off days. On SUN this group helps out the ad team to do ad put up, and then do the autofills. Others will do PC, CA, SF, some do HL, or POG depending on their needs. You need to be cut throat on that swap board! BUT you also have to be trained in other areas. A good deal of them can, but I have a few that just show no initiative to do anything more, so they get 12-16 hours and thats it.

Newbies on flow are well, just a slow down till they get trained. Training them PROPERLY is an added chess game to the chess game we already play, daily. Having GREAT TRAINERS is a MUST!! Trainers need to know the process inside, outside, upside down, and sideways! THere is a lot A LOT of info that newbies on flow get thrown, and to do it properly. It is also a HUGE PITA to hire them, train them, and keep them after you put in the time to train them. Most have NO CLUE what they are getting into when they get hired for FLOW. No matter how we explain it to them. Thye come for one shift and find out you are going to get dirty, sweaty, and have to work, actually work, and thats it! We never see them again. I guess they don't believe me when I tell them you will get dirty & sweaty. I've finally convinced our ETLHR to do some on the floor "eye opening" during unload in re FLOW newbies... So we will see next Q4 if it happens. We are unlikely to fill any vacancies that come up from now till then, and we didn't the past few years.

The other problem is: WORK ETHIC. This is a prominent issue storewide, company wide, and NATIONWIDE, in my opinion.I've posted in the past that those who may measure up to TGT levels of work, are WAY BELOW MY personal levels of work. This is why I am in the position I am in versus others. I BUST MY BUTT! Always did when I started, still do! I BUST MY BUTT! Doesn't mater if the job has been TGT or other.. My JOB is #1, anything else is way down the list.

I would rather KEEP MY TM's!!!! This doesn't happen for other things beyond compensation.

I have serveral persons who are ROCK STARS! I wouldn't want to loose them, I would like to see them get more $$$. I also would like some of them to go to the next level in that they come a little closer to my level of work.Some I try to develop, even it is by dragging them kicking and screaming to that level. These TM's are crucial, and many can do a lot things on FLOW and other work centers. They have the potential to be TL's in the future if they wanted to.

Red cards- Who uses checks anymore? Even at Kohls you don't need a check to get a card. FIX THAT
Training - Give us training hours. No more "work them in" Brand new team members should never be left on their own the first or second day. We are simply setting them up to fail.
Tenured team members - Any starting pay increase should also be given to these team members. Starting wage goes up .50? then everyones pay goes up .50
Accountability and attendance.-1st NCNS=coaching 2 NCNS-final warning 3 NCNS= term. Should not have to be in succession. I would say a 3 month period.
Forget fucking head count - team member that can only work weekends? great! team members that can only work mon-fri fine if thats what you need. More people who need specific hours can be a good thing.
Simple things will help retention. What happens when you constantly expect more from the team with nothing in return? They will jump ship and go to the next minimum wage job.

I heard talk that we did shitty on sales. I'll be fucking pissed if we lose our overnight process because of it.

Red cards- Who uses checks anymore? Even at Kohls you don't need a check to get a card. FIX THAT

Ummm... Kohls has a DEBIT Kohls card????

Umm... you need the routing and account numbers from a checking account to set up an ACH/EBT transfer I doubt many walking around with those memorized or written down, except on a check...

Training - Give us training hours. No more "work them in" Brand new team members should never be left on their own the first or second day. We are simply setting them up to fail.

True, but it is not two days either.

Tenured team members - Any starting pay increase should also be given to these team members. Starting wage goes up .50? then everyones pay goes up .50

ABSOLUTELY! !

Accountability

Definitely, and

and attendance.-1st NCNS=coaching 2 NCNS-final warning 3 NCNS= term. Should not have to be in succession. I would say a 3 month period.

MMMmmm.mmm... after consideration.. No.... I am just not into that rigid a system on this.. Newbies/Seasonal here NCNS, Won't be kept if seasonal, same for a CO...

Forget fucking head count - team member that can only work weekends? great! team members that can only work mon-fri fine if thats what you need. More people who need specific hours can be a good thing.

ABSOLUTELY NO! 100%, NO! I know exactly the animosity this leads to with other employees at other jobs. NO! NO! NO! NO! Need a weekend off, request time off! That makes it fair for all.

Simple things will help retention. What happens when you constantly expect more from the team with nothing in return? They will jump ship and go to the next minimum wage job.

I've got this right now in trying to keep my stars.. they are not at the minimum, but they need more and should be getting more.. but there is a lot moving pieces in this situation on all sides.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back