Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing our ETL Ops did right was make sure that a couple of the pushers were trusted TM's who had MyDevices and were correcting capacities on the fly. Made the nightmare backstock die pretty quick. Also what I do while pushing anything, cause somethings you just don't know what it should be until you have the actual product to play with.
It really does need to be a priority for any instock member, and definitely need one or two good flow tms that push challenge and actually make sure they're checking and changing counts/capacity. People would be surprised how much easier the process runs when everything is correct.

It really does need to be a priority for any instock member, and definitely need one or two good flow tms that push challenge and actually make sure they're checking and changing counts/capacity. People would be surprised how much easier the process runs when everything is correct.

Oh I know we reset the yogurt/juice POG a couple weeks ago and everyday I have been correcting another couple shelves everyday.. Our CTL when he found out bought my coffee cause not one fucking shelf was even close to right.

Really makes you think how the capacities are generated. No shelve can fit 487 yogurts...
Counts were never off like they are now. A product in the travel sized section that can actually hold 50 items gets set with an initial capacity of over 400? WTF? Again I'll say, the company is wasting so much payroll in the store by having us correct the capacities. I don't care how many versions of a POG there are, taking the time and money to get it right at corporate would save money for the company in the long run.

Counts were never off like they are now. A product in the travel sized section that can actually hold 50 items gets set with an initial capacity of over 400? WTF? Again I'll say, the company is wasting so much payroll in the store by having us correct the capacities. I don't care how many versions of a POG there are, taking the time and money to get it right at corporate would save money for the company in the long run.
I feel like it wouldn't even be hard to set the capacities lower.

I feel like it wouldn't even be hard to set the capacities lower.
They have shelving at corporate. Pay someone to find how much product can fit on a single facing and apply it to all POGs. Capacities should only need changing on our end in special cases, not whenever a new POG is set.

Whatever payroll that guy takes up at the corporate level would be saved in a single week at the store level. Maybe even less than that.

Last edited:
It's so we push All to the floor on truck days and little to no backstock. Also a way to eliminate research and rigs. Large capacities means most everything will come out of the backroom on the next caf pull and fill the floor.

It's so we push All to the floor on truck days and little to no backstock. Also a way to eliminate research and rigs. Large capacities means most everything will come out of the backroom on the next caf pull and fill the floor.
But then you're just wasting hours. Yeah sure you'll pull it because it says it'll fit... But when it doesn't, you just wasted time pulling it, pushing it, backstocking it, changing capacities. It eats up time.

But we won't train flow teams to not overpush. We are already seeing that they are back to "NO BACKSTOCK EVER!" mode. When they fill four pegs the item is supposed to be on, cram the rest on all the pegs surrounding the home location. No matter the price point. It is supposed to be $4.99 but it is also now $3.99, $5.99 and $12.99. So that means that when I shoot rigs I may or may not catch that its all over the place and pull it. So if I don't catch it, the count ends up wrong and that means we get more product than we need or we get flex orders that the guys can't find!

So lets waste more payroll to fix it.

But we won't train flow teams to not overpush. We are already seeing that they are back to "NO BACKSTOCK EVER!" mode. When they fill four pegs the item is supposed to be on, cram the rest on all the pegs surrounding the home location. No matter the price point. It is supposed to be $4.99 but it is also now $3.99, $5.99 and $12.99. So that means that when I shoot rigs I may or may not catch that its all over the place and pull it. So if I don't catch it, the count ends up wrong and that means we get more product than we need or we get flex orders that the guys can't find!

Truth

Not to mention the headache it causes on the front end when you have a guest saying it is another price. There is shortage right there when you have to change a price.

So we've been told we'll be getting the home inovation remodel in the fall...didn't they scrap that nonsense? How is the vml supposed to keep up with that and this new softlines innovation with 100 mannequins as well? Wtf is this nonsense?

So we've been told we'll be getting the home inovation remodel in the fall...didn't they scrap that nonsense? How is the vml supposed to keep up with that and this new softlines innovation with 100 mannequins as well? Wtf is this nonsense?
Your VML should actually get a team (meaning one person for 8 hours, lol) under them to handle the workload

Starbucks only store. We made our consumables tl a Sr food tl, got a nice raise for that.

Saw the new ORG chart for my store. Looks like we gained a FOOD TL + a FOOD SERVICE TL. Also, In the past consumables TL's were considered part of the sales floor TL. Now we are suppose to have 5 sales floor TL's + FOOD TL.

With inaccurate capacities, and overpushing, and thorough FIFO'ing being such payroll sink holes - I just keep asking "why don't we just print the capacity on the shelf label."
Don't tell me it's because there are too many stores to know that info for. We already display the facings on the shelf label and certainly that's different across varying store prototypes.
Think of how much payroll could be saved enterprise wide with just this one small additional piece of info on the shelf label. POG team has no time to verify correct capacities? It's right there on the label. If that peg will hold 7 mascara, you'll know the capacity is set to 1 as soon as the label is set.
Flow is overpushing home storage? Walk up and audit them without even scanning. "Why did you just push 12 bins there? Says right here capacity is 6." Flow TM's without a device will now be held accountable for overpushing.
FIFO'ing freezers on a food truck day? You pull 3 bags of frozen peas out and immediately know you've got 9 from that case of 12 new ones that will go in back and then put the older 3 in front and it's full because she shelf label told you the capacity was 12 when you got there.
Someone tell me why this isn't a thing!?!?

With inaccurate capacities, and overpushing, and thorough FIFO'ing being such payroll sink holes - I just keep asking "why don't we just print the capacity on the shelf label."
Don't tell me it's because there are too many stores to know that info for. We already display the facings on the shelf label and certainly that's different across varying store prototypes.
Think of how much payroll could be saved enterprise wide with just this one small additional piece of info on the shelf label. POG team has no time to verify correct capacities? It's right there on the label. If that peg will hold 7 mascara, you'll know the capacity is set to 1 as soon as the label is set.
Flow is overpushing home storage? Walk up and audit them without even scanning. "Why did you just push 12 bins there? Says right here capacity is 6." Flow TM's without a device will now be held accountable for overpushing.
FIFO'ing freezers on a food truck day? You pull 3 bags of frozen peas out and immediately know you've got 9 from that case of 12 new ones that will go in back and then put the older 3 in front and it's full because she shelf label told you the capacity was 12 when you got there.
Someone tell me why this isn't a thing!?!?

They would have to read more than once piece of information which they don't do. And it still does not solve our issue of capacity coming in wrong when the pog is set. So it says you can put 12 there but its really six flow will claim "it says 12!" No

And Fifo? No one got time for that! I pushed freezer last week and I pulled out more than I pushed that was expired.

Your VML should actually get a team (meaning one person for 8 hours, lol) under them to handle the workload
She does now, the etl-ge helps with mannequin days...it's still not getting signing set as well.

We're taking bets if she lasts til the remodel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back