Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the things i heard is the SBUX and Cafe TL will be condensed into 1 Food Service TL, also some changes to the AP world.

Oh its okay, plano will finish truck even though thry have a large workload ;)

Also, every store should follow best practice and have the backroom pull and backstock plano stuff. If you have not been in plano, you do not understand. I have been in just about every area of the store, and have never gotten screwed over as much as our team does now.
Guess you haven't been on the instocks team yet....:p

I've only heard BP be that plano pulls their stuff, BR backstocks it. Might not be the case but we certainly don't have hours to pull hours worth of plano shit.

I've only heard BP be that plano pulls their stuff, BR backstocks it. Might not be the case but we certainly don't have hours to pull hours worth of plano shit.

On workbench there are many documents that talk about backroom pulling and backstocking, all up to date, updated within the past few months.

Dont mean to bring up these issues, but i think the beggining of the fiscal year is the best time to bring up these issues obviously overlooked by the majority.

At our store Plano pulls, backroom backstocks. If you wanted the backroom to pull and back stock POGS, then you would also have to understand you would lose a good chunk of hours to the backroom to compensate for it.

Our store went from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. This caused some turnover on our flow team.

Well our Flow team could use a high turn over.. What sucks when a sister store went 4am we got a bunch of them cause they could not work a 4am start. So they are all looking to quit. They are going to lose a lot of people cause the ones who really need overnight are going to walk.

My STL tried to spin it that I would now have the opportunity to train the flow team members that we know are making certain mistakes that the flow TL's have not been able to fix. I told her she should rethink her TL's if they could not fix the issue with this TM within a year. I was done and actively interviewing with other employers. I have 8 weeks to get the fuck out and will. Just the other day she asked why I changed clothes before I left work.. Umm interview..

Uhm, we would not lose hours? Our hours are based on the workload. Period. It is the estimated time to bring out staged pallets, tie, set, fill, research.

This is the whole thing i'm fighting.. on workbench it clearly says (I can show all of you this document) that backroom pulls, and backstocks, as plano does not have hours for it.

So if backroom is complaining for something they should already be doing, i suppose they need to be looked at as to why they can't do all that they are assigned..

Well, be productive about it and investigate your situation more. What does your BR schedule look like on nontruck days. How many hours is BR scheduled on truck days minus the closer compared to the hours that RWT says it should take. A lot of stores take meat off the bone for the backroom to bulk up their inefficient flow team. Before you assume that the backroom is inefficient, take a hard look at your own team and see what inefficiencies they have. How long are they taking to pull their POGS? How long are they taking to set and push? It's easy to just assume that it's another teams fault, but a good leader is able to assess the entire situation and improve their own process before attacking others. Workbench can give you best practices all day, but at the end of the day, ASANTS and most store don't operate on BP for a reason. Because it doesn't always work.

Uhm, we would not lose hours? Our hours are based on the workload. Period. It is the estimated time to bring out staged pallets, tie, set, fill, research.

This is the whole thing i'm fighting.. on workbench it clearly says (I can show all of you this document) that backroom pulls, and backstocks, as plano does not have hours for it.

So if backroom is complaining for something they should already be doing, i suppose they need to be looked at as to why they can't do all that they are assigned..
And you want to talk best practice, but in your other thread you are complaining about having to rotate weekends as a leader which is... Best Practice and a non-negotiable for every other Target store, as it should be.

Last edited:
BP is more or less a guideline, no store runs by it black and white. Everything we do is a give and take, if you're going to cry best practice at every turn you aren't going to get very far. BP is for plano to SFQ, but guess what my instocks TM is doing after you guys set and leave BR 2 cages of trash and 3 vehicles of NOP, Dcode, clearance, and plastic-riddled backstock? Why was my instocks TM ticketing all the price change we had to pull because they couldn't ticket fast enough and were literally using all of our vehicles?

Learn to take Ls sometimes, your scope has to be wider than your team. I take plenty of your workload in other ways, you can afford to take some of mine.

Oh its okay, plano will finish truck even though thry have a large workload ;)

Also, every store should follow best practice and have the backroom pull and backstock plano stuff. If you have not been in plano, you do not understand. I have been in just about every area of the store, and have never gotten screwed over as much as our team does now.
Last time I checked the best practice, it said plano helps backstock big sets. 'Big' is arbitrary and can be interpreted in many ways. Every team is getting screwed for a variety of reasons. Push your team harder and get better results.

At the end of the day, the adjacency calendar hours are not always completely correct in the first place. What honestly matters is how much total payroll the store gets, not what any specific workcenter is getting suggested for allocation. I was just at a store with a very successful operational background, and they rarely fluctuated presentation hours. They kept it consistent and the extra hours the "store" received for the week (likely for big sets) went to salesfloor and trailer/backroom. The Plano TL sent out what was needed from those workcenters to get done and it always did. When team work is at play, its pretty amazing. If the PPTL said they needed aisles x to y demerched on a certain night, the salesfloor did it (because they got extra hours that week and had extra closers). If they needed help filling certain aisles, the flow team swung over and filled them after truck since they were scheduled to stay late, and the backroom did their backstock.

At the end of the day, the adjacency calendar hours are not always completely correct in the first place. What honestly matters is how much total payroll the store gets, not what any specific workcenter is getting suggested for allocation. I was just at a store with a very successful operational background, and they rarely fluctuated presentation hours. They kept it consistent and the extra hours the "store" received for the week (likely for big sets) went to salesfloor and trailer/backroom. The Plano TL sent out what was needed from those workcenters to get done and it always did. When team work is at play, its pretty amazing. If the PPTL said they needed aisles x to y demerched on a certain night, the salesfloor did it (because they got extra hours that week and had extra closers). If they needed help filling certain aisles, the flow team swung over and filled them after truck since they were scheduled to stay late, and the backroom did their backstock.

@PPTL95
For cosmetics we only had 3 people set. If we were to have used all the hours they wanted to give us we would have had 6 or 7 people stepping all over each other. Instead we got extra salesfloor hours to demerchandise the aisles for them and flow came in early to push the merchandise back onto the floor. Our pog team pulled the batches, and backroom backstocked. Teamwork.

Best practice is for Price Change to stage the clearance for salesfloor team members to push but we push the clearance as we mark it. Making endcaps and valleys of clearance as needed. Hours aren't allocated for that but we make it happen and if we need to "overspend" they simply cut back on the salesfloor team in the morning since it is their responsibility.

When team work is at play, its pretty amazing.

Sadly this is not the case at my, or even many, stores it seems. It's very easy for ETLs/TLs to fall into this tribalistic mindset where no one helps anyone else and basic store processes just go to shit. For example there's just a ridiculous amount of PC batches at my store that no one is pulling. The pricing team has no time to do it since they get pulled to work in nearly every workcenter to the point just getting the floor done is a struggle, the backroom team refuses to do it and this is okay somehow, all of the ETLs know about it but no one's doing anything to correct the situation. ETL-LOG, which is actually over Pricing, just doesn't give a damn.

Meanwhile we're literally setting money on fire because merchandise is sitting in the back until it goes salvage. This helps no one, we lose payroll, but hey at least "MY TEAM" wasn't doing "YOUR TEAM"'s work, so that's a win somehow!

Also I absolutely despise people that bring up Best Practices like some cudgel to beat other teams over the head with. You know damn well they ignore those same Best Practices when it's inconvenient.

Sounds like ETL Ops is for sure going to be eliminated. We lost ours and I was told we wont be replacing him.

I wonder if they will go back to two ETL Logs at HV stores or if they intend to put plano, pricing and br day on another ETLs plate?

Sounds like ETL Ops is for sure going to be eliminated. We lost ours and I was told we wont be replacing him.

I wonder if they will go back to two ETL Logs at HV stores or if they intend to put plano, pricing and br day on another ETLs plate?
I'm thinking they add another SR TL instead.

I can easily see FATL and Starbucks TL position combined in ulv stores. Every year I am surprised that they are leaving the positions alone, maybe this is the year it will happen .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back