Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has an ETL AP and a TPS. I imagine we would have to have an APTL to supervise out TPS.

We have been told we are keeping our ETL AP/APTL combo along with all of our TPS and APS positions.

No word on other stores or the APBP rumor.

I was told this weekend I'm now the food service team lead. So Starbucks and food Ave. I'm not a low volume Starbucks and was told everyone is combining.

Not sure how far spread this will be, but while talking with our group logistics leader, she said our trucks will be completely palletized 'really soon'. She is extremely knowledgeable about all the store processes, and has never gave me reason to not believe her before.

Anyone else heard anything about this from a legit source?

Not sure how far spread this will be, but while talking with our group logistics leader, she said our trucks will be completely palletized 'really soon'. She is extremely knowledgeable about all the store processes, and has never gave me reason to not believe her before.

My group operations director said we would be doing palletized unloads soon, but did not say EVERYTHING would be palletized.

Another major change coming to Logistics?

TMs at the DC (such as @smashandthrash and @dabeastfromtheeast) would probably be some of the first to hear about it since it would likely require renovations on their end.

TMs at the DC (such as @smashandthrash and @dabeastfromtheeast) would probably be some of the first to hear about it since it would likely require renovations on their end.

I've mentioned it before, but they were testing palletized loads with a more exact quantity of product for a single store. And I mean single store. They tested it at one store. I have no idea what they company is doing beyond that. It very well could be that they are close to rolling that out. Those discussions are above my pay grade.

We've also discussed it here in other posts at greater length about how it would change our process. They've told us nothing other than its being tested and that it is the ultimate goal to not have backstock for the backroom.

Beast works outbound, so he would likely hear about any incoming changes before I would.

Makes sense we are switching from an overnight to a 4am process.

I can confirm that they are combining the 2 TL's into 1 from the group level. this and APTL are the only known ones sofar

This will affect me, they have been using me to work in other depts since xmas. Looks like I might become a extra TL. I'll have to wait and se3

STLs in my district learning of changes tomorrow.
Lol My store hasn't had a dedicated STL since before black friday. We have 4 ETLS, and one has been a stand in STL while doing his departments. So I am not sure if I'll hear much if any at all of changes

Lol My store hasn't had a dedicated STL since before black friday. We have 4 ETLS, and one has been a stand in STL while doing his departments. So I am not sure if I'll hear much if any at all of changes
Most likely they will finalize someone and they will get the AE17 info. The year we had a temp he got the yes/no on keeping the store during AE time.

About this palletized load business, I've heard nothing about this. As of right now, we just do palletized loads for our City/Express locations, and I can tell you, it's a huge pain in the ass and straight-up murder for production numbers. The only way I could foresee them implementing it company-wide would be to have enough Outbound guys to keep doors staffed to 1 guy for every 1-3 doors (instead of now, where the ratio is 1: 3-20) and for the pallets unorganized by blocks to save time and space. However, I don't think they're gonna do this:
1. This would require tripling, maybe even quadrupling the number of guys on Outbound's payroll in order to keep the sorter (and therefore, the rest of the building) moving. We all know how MN feels about increasing payroll.
2. There would be a TON of wasted money in transportation. Right now, our process minimizes trailer airspace, so we can send the least amount of trailers possible. If everything is palletized, there'd be so much wasted trailer space that it might not be hyperbole to say that a store would see 3-4+ trailers every single day just to keep up.

About this palletized load business, I've heard nothing about this. As of right now, we just do palletized loads for our City/Express locations, and I can tell you, it's a huge pain in the ass and straight-up murder for production numbers. The only way I could foresee them implementing it company-wide would be to have enough Outbound guys to keep doors staffed to 1 guy for every 1-3 doors (instead of now, where the ratio is 1: 3-20) and for the pallets unorganized by blocks to save time and space. However, I don't think they're gonna do this:
1. This would require tripling, maybe even quadrupling the number of guys on Outbound's payroll in order to keep the sorter (and therefore, the rest of the building) moving. We all know how MN feels about increasing payroll.
2. There would be a TON of wasted money in transportation. Right now, our process minimizes trailer airspace, so we can send the least amount of trailers possible. If everything is palletized, there'd be so much wasted trailer space that it might not be hyperbole to say that a store would see 3-4+ trailers every single day just to keep up.
Wasted trailer space is all that product that gets back stocked about half of all trucks are back stock
that's the waste that should be eliminated.

Wasted trailer space is sending <1000 piece trailers (we've had several this month).

If they were to roll his out, you'd have to assume they would realize a ton of savings from gutting Flow and Backroom payroll.

Wow. 1800 STLs, their DTLs, all BPs, and countless people at HQ have all been briefed on the changes and not one confirmed change has been posted here yet?

What's going on, Breakroom??? ;)

I know my store was one doing a meeting for a few stores, but I left before the meeting was over. So I know it has to be spreading in the stores by now.

Wasted trailer space is sending <1000 piece trailers (we've had several this month).

If they were to roll his out, you'd have to assume they would realize a ton of savings from gutting Flow and Backroom payroll.
Anything below 1400 is just a waste of payroll. As much as I hate 2000+ trucks, at least they end up working the whole shift and not farting around because they finished pushing but can't be trusted to backstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back