Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ETL-AP changes in my area. One APBP per district confirmed, all ICs consolidating into a single IC in Minnesota. All I know for now, AP wise!

@EagleEye any word on what happens to all the investigation techs?

I'm unsure at the moment. If I had to guess, they will be offered store-side positions in the general area or possibly just let go altogether.

Investigators are being offered the opportunity to interview for the new APBP positions instead of just being moved into them by default. I'm not sure if there is an alternative option for them within the company...

I usually get the news pretty quickly. But I have heard very little as of now.

Anything below 1400 is just a waste of payroll. As much as I hate 2000+ trucks, at least they end up working the whole shift and not farting around because they finished pushing but can't be trusted to backstock.
I really don't care what size the truck is; all i care about is repacks. I hated getting 300+ repacks a truck during Q4 it's impossible to push out without burning payroll the countless of just random items thrown together into boxes. I'd take a 2400+ piece truck everyday if it came with guarantees of 100ish for repack boxes.

didn't wanna say it at the time but my GVP just randomly out the blue left the company a week or so ago....this man been with target longer than anybody at the top has been.....i wonder if he left because things weren't going in a direction he liked anymore....i can't see him getting fired because from what we heard and seen he had the respect of everybody...could be wrong though

didn't wanna say it at the time but my GVP just randomly out the blue left the company a week or so ago....this man been with target longer than anybody at the top has been.....i wonder if he left because things weren't going in a direction he liked anymore....i can't see him getting fired because from what we heard and seen he had the respect of everybody...could be wrong though
Oh, you're wrong! Respect doesn't mean anything if things aren't constantly green. You can have the respect from your DTL your group VP, your HRVP and get stock bonuses and raises etc, but if ONE person aka your boss is the only one that doesn't like you or just simply wants to bring in a friend to replace you ...you "randomly leave too". Don't ask how I know

One APBP per district confirmed, all ICs consolidating into a single IC in Minnesota. All I know for now, AP wise!
Investigators are being offered the opportunity to interview for the new APBP positions instead of just being moved into them by default. I'm not sure if there is an alternative option for them within the company...
The one APBP/district is good, but the consolidation of the ICs and ditching the district investigators has got to be the absolute dumbest thing corporate has done of late. Minneapolis is going to be way over-worked, and the local theft rings are going to have near impunity to hit each and every store and not have to worry about their totals being added together. :mad:

The one APBP/district is good, but the consolidation of the ICs and ditching the district investigators has got to be the absolute dumbest thing corporate has done of late. Minneapolis is going to be way over-worked, and the local theft rings are going to have near impunity to hit each and every store and not have to worry about their totals being added together. :mad:

The thought is that the APBP will take on some of the Investigator responsibilities. Also, any ETL-AP or APTL can charge alerts or groups of people out and get the charges aggregated, an Investigator isn't needed to do that. Special Investigators will handle the larger/complex cases.

They aren't just going to put all the work on current Minneapolis IC team, they are hiring oodles more technicians.

Most groups have different levels of investigators based on rank and experience. Regular, Senior, and Special. I don't see Special Investigators going anywhere. Those are the guys that work directly with federal/state law enforcement and prosecutors on regional and national organized crime. They also work with other retailers, even Walmart. Target isn't crazy enough to cut those positions. At least not yet.

And you really shouldn't be relying on your investigators to recognize people that are hitting multiple stores. Spend some time and check TCM everyday. If you see someone that's also hit your store, let your ETL or TL know. They can get the ball rolling on alerts being sent out. Also remember to link INDIVs for repeat subjects. Investigators have a lot on their plate currently.

Last edited:
Most groups have different levels of investigators based on rank and experience. Regular, Senior, and Special. I don't see Special Investigators going anywhere. Those are the guys that work directly with federal/state law enforcement and prosecutors on regional and national organized crime. They also work with other retailers, even Walmart. Target isn't crazy enough to cut those positions. At least not yet.

And you really shouldn't be relying on your investigators to recognize people that are hitting multiple stores. Spend some time and check TCM everyday. If you see someone that's also hit your store, let your ETL or TL know. They can get the ball rolling on alerts being sent out. Also remember to link INDIVs for repeat subjects. Investigators have a lot on their plate currently.
This. At my store I got several subjects made into alerts simply because I saw them on TCM and identified them as previous PMR/KTR subjects from my store. Called the IC, gave them the case numbers and the merchandise stolen, and the subjects were an alert by the next work day. Of course my investigator did recognize a lot of patterns and create alerts, but it is certainly possible to do from the store side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back