Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. At my store I got several subjects made into alerts simply because I saw them on TCM and identified them as previous PMR/KTR subjects from my store. Called the IC, gave them the case numbers and the merchandise stolen, and the subjects were an alert by the next work day. Of course my investigator did recognize a lot of patterns and create alerts, but it is certainly possible to do from the store side.

It blows my mind how often AP team members will know a subject is a repeat offender and fail to use the same INDIV numbers and link the cases. Can't complain about Target not caring about going after ORC if you won't take an extra 2 minutes to write your case up properly.

Hard to always blame people when TCM feels like 40% of it shouldn't work. Can't even count how many times we had to do a workaround to get search to work to enter something complicated like our store number...but yeah, could not get people to use same INDIV and my investigator kept wanting me to collect all the INDIV numbers...who has time for that?

I heard something from our DTL and HRBP about a potential hybrid brand team member for low volume locations that do not have mannequins, home innovations remodel, VMTL, VM Brand TM's . Its a type of a merchandising leader position with PG17. Honestly sounds too good to be true. Makes no sense to me in a low volume when you can just rely on your softlines team to do the work as is.

I heard something from our DTL and HRBP about a potential hybrid brand team member for low volume locations that do not have mannequins, home innovations remodel, VMTL, VM Brand TM's . Its a type of a merchandising leader position with PG17. Honestly sounds too good to be true. Makes no sense to me in a low volume when you can just rely on your softlines team to do the work as is.
So what do they do?

Seems pretty silly to pay someone that much who will have no TMs to oversee, being in a LV store. As you said, overpaid TM.

During a visit by the group (back in December) I got a hunch that something like that would be happening. I am impatiently waiting for more details

At first glance: every district is getting APBP. All store are going to have a VM team (depending on the org chart it could be just TM or TM+TL). Addition of Food TL (depending on the org chart it could be food service and/or pfresh)

Addition of Food TL (depending on the org chart it could be food service and/or pfresh)
Now I wonder what this means for Supers... No change? Or are they going to combine more grocery side TL positions? Or are the Food Ave and Starbucks going to be combined into one? I'll update with a new comment here if/when I find out...

or the pricing workload says one thing that day rolls around and its three times as large. Projected a 1000 tickets, reality 5000 tickets..

And you would still have STLs and ETLs chopping payroll the way they want. I have seen the allocation for In-Stocks should have been 120hrs but we were given 60hrs.. Cause we had an STL who wanted a golden contributor award. So he shorted all workcenters to the bone and when the wheels came off it was our fault..

You need to burn the culture of "make it work" and the "throw bodies at the problem" it won't matter what anyone does cause in order to keep those above them happy they will lie, cheat and steal to make it look right. You need the culture to change of actually do it right even if it looks for horrible for a while. It will get better and stay better. But nope spit and duct tape to make it look right. While its all broken and ready to collapse.
We have about 50 hours for instocks this week, while having quite a bit of ptms we have to take care of. An etl asked me if we're going to be able to ptm mini seasonal and scan the whole store this week. Laughed at him and told him to check out the schedule.

During our meeting it was said they will be merchandising team members at paygrade 15... And ETL ops was going away. Neither of which affects my store since we have a vml and no etl ops.

Woohoo! Our store is adding a key carrier for Logistics! I won't be the only TL over LOG anymore!:D:):D Less responsibilities, same pay, gotta love it!

Wish out store was... So annoying having to call people to unlock stuff.

Just to confirm a few things....

Yes most ETL-APS are going away and replaced by TLs. APBPs are back to one per district to help lead them.

Food Service Team Leaders are combining down (FA/SB).

Many stores will finish combining Deli/Bakery if they hadn't yet at F2.

Stores without a VML will get a VMTM at least. VMTLs will have brand team members.

ULV status is getting lowered, so many stores are going up in org charts from last year. They will increase in TL from that, along with earning a Food TL for Pfresh instead of 1 SFTL owning it all. O/N status was increased (something like 85 stores going to 4am) so lots of converting.

Just to confirm a few things....

Yes most ETL-APS are going away and replaced by TLs. APBPs are back to one per district to help lead them.

Food Service Team Leaders are combining down (FA/SB).

Many stores will finish combining Deli/Bakery if they hadn't yet at F2.

Stores without a VML will get a VMTM at least. VMTLs will have brand team members.

ULV status is getting lowered, so many stores are going up in org charts from last year. They will increase in TL from that, along with earning a Food TL for Pfresh instead of 1 SFTL owning it all. O/N status was increased (something like 85 stores going to 4am) so lots of converting.

Do you know the timing on the ETL-AP/APTL change? I keep hearing this but no one has specifics.

It will all be through natural attrition. They can hire for the APTL as soon as possible as it's an open spot. The ETL will likely either shift to another role open in the district once filled or cover an area in the store if over in their district (i.e. Split Hardlines and softlines on the floor until they find their permanent home)

O/N status was increased (something like 85 stores going to 4am) so lots of converting.
That part really irks me. When will they learn that people stocking the shelves when the store is open do nothing but hurt customer service, not help with it. Guests don't want to trip over boxes and TMs don't want to have to stop and move out of the way and help guests.

We have about 50 hours for instocks this week, while having quite a bit of ptms we have to take care of. An etl asked me if we're going to be able to ptm mini seasonal and scan the whole store this week. Laughed at him and told him to check out the schedule.
Our VML is doing the ptm. Instocks never touches it anymore. I miss that a lot.

That part really irks me. When will they learn that people stocking the shelves when the store is open do nothing but hurt customer service, not help with it. Guests don't want to trip over boxes and TMs don't want to have to stop and move out of the way and help guests.
Remember walking into a 4am store just after they opened and there was boxes, pallets, tubs etc everywhere. I didn't stay long and went to a rival to get a few things.

Guess it is a way to cut head cuts as many overnight do the job as it meets their requirements. Some work night while their spouse works days so they have coverage at home for the kids. Means many will HAVE to quit due to new start (or dayside will start at 4am, arghhhh)

Our VML is doing the ptm. Instocks never touches it anymore. I miss that a lot.
I wish our vml would help. She helped once by telling my where to put stuff then walked away. Also we came to an agreement that she would do softlines ptms and id take care of Hardlines. Didn't last long. As it is I essentially do the vml tasks in Hardlines. Whenever there is a vml task in Hardlines the lod just tells me (instocks) to take care of it.

Oh how the mommies will love the flow team in the way. Little Lucus and Hunter require a double cart and that cart must go down every aisle.

I suspect that half of our flow team will quit if we go to 4am. When some of them went to the new grocery team (4am opening shifts) for the hours, they quit within a week because they refused to help guests or go up for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back