Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starbucks needs a TL because of all the training involved especially since Starbucks is constantly rolling out new processes and obviously to be able to speak to the business with the Starbucks DM. If it runs on its own that's because the TL is doing a great job training the team. My store is a VO1 Starbucks and I'm waiting to see if they combine us :/
It will be combined for sure. The new contract requires that the TL spend at least one 8 hour shift a week in starbucks. Even the busiest starbucks (like mine) can be managed from the outside. No need for a TL to spend their whole week there.

It's crappy leadership on your stores part. We cut our hardlines team to give instocks hours. What the point of a hardlines opening TM? To grab call boxes and push reshop? An instocks tm can do reseach, fill outs, backup and grab boxes.

Hardlines comes in later in the day and pushes cafs.

We are at 160 instocks on the 2 week out.
If we get half that I will be happy. Shit if we get 100 hours I'll be ecstatic

It will be combined for sure. The new contract requires that the TL spend at least one 8 hour shift a week in starbucks. Even the busiest starbucks (like mine) can be managed from the outside. No need for a TL to spend their whole week there.
My Starbucks is in the top 3 busiest in the company but I would never be able to not spend 40 hours there if I didn't build and train a reliable team. Once that's done then yes by all means be "global" but often times than not, we are the only leaders in the entire building that can support that work center. Starbucks DM walks in, ETLs have no idea what to do. See it happen all the time lol

At the TM/TL level you may be right but my store is losing 2 ETLS and it won't be by attrition.

I'm losing one ETL, through attrition.

So who sets the standard?

It's crappy leadership on your stores part. We cut our hardlines team to give instocks hours. What the point of a hardlines opening TM? To grab call boxes and push reshop? An instocks tm can do reseach, fill outs, backup and grab boxes.

Who sets salesplans and ptms?

Who sets salesplans and ptms?

Not sure about salesplans but our Pricing TL has a sizeable team that takes care of PTM.

We have a HLTL or the ETL open but they don't have any TMs come into until noon bc they aren't needed until 1 of clock CAFS drop

Last edited:

holy shit, what volume are you?

Not in this case. But my original question was some say the ETL headcount change is a loss of position. My case is we'll be one too many until someone transfers out of gets to a retirement point.
Yes, this is how it has always worked before.

holy shit, what volume are you?

We were overnight but are switching to 4am.

To be honest its not like we have hours everywhere I think hardlines was only at 180 for the week which is the definition of gutted. But our leadership realizes instocks can get way more done in the morning so they are getting padded with hours.

In the two week out we have one TM at 40 a week and 6 people at about 20 for the week.

Last edited:

No Shit. We used to get that. But 160Hrs is a bit much for me the only In-Stocks keyed TM in a AA volume store. They want to go to POG fill for all fill needs and In-Stocks only shoots the task list pushes that research and help out with the POG fills. And I only work 32hrs a week max.

We used to have a strong process but we have been cleaned and gutted for the last couple of years. Now going to a 4am process In-Stocks according to leadership means even less. I am looking for other work. I don't need the hassle. Why I have stopped caring, no equipment Ok. I will half ass reshop until one comes up. Mydevice dying in the middle of the RFID scan? It can sit on the charger for an hour. It's what they want. So enjoy not getting shit done.

With 160 hours, I'll set salesplanners and do the ptms. That's more than enough time for instocks workload and salesplanners. Give me three other great team members with fourty hours each. I don't mean to sound cocky, but it is definitely easily obtainable.

I was getting at if HL comes in late, they can't be task oriented. Why should they lose hours for instocks?

Last edited:
I believe @Doglover89 went through that exact situation. Or at least someone posted about it. They were scheduled as SFS while getting paid as softlines for a while, and as soon as they mentioned paygrades, HR started scheduling them in softlines and only softlines.

Yes, it was me. My home workcenter is softlines (yay...) but lately I've been scheduled in price accuracy quite a bit. I also work presentation and yep still got a few SFS shifts...still N03. My ETL says I have a bad attitude but yet I'm still needed/trusted/given the opportunity to work all these different areas that I know many others would like to work in.

No Shit. We used to get that. But 160Hrs is a bit much for me the only In-Stocks keyed TM in a AA volume store. They want to go to POG fill for all fill needs and In-Stocks only shoots the task list pushes that research and help out with the POG fills. And I only work 32hrs a week max.

We used to have a strong process but we have been cleaned and gutted for the last couple of years. Now going to a 4am process In-Stocks according to leadership means even less. I am looking for other work. I don't need the hassle. Why I have stopped caring, no equipment Ok. I will half ass reshop until one comes up. Mydevice dying in the middle of the RFID scan? It can sit on the charger for an hour. It's what they want. So enjoy not getting shit done.

I get your frustration

Yeah we are getting the 4am reach around too. The DTL is gone and a lot of people in our district are pissing their pants.

The Pog fill is a joke. Maybe you get some stuff out but way too much backstock.

We had instocks tms with no my device, my STL stood up to the ETL and said give him the LOD mydevice. Like you said can't do your job without equipment.

I wish you would come to my store, we need people who give a damn like you.

Last edited:
I was getting at if HL comes in late, they can't be task oriented. Why should they lose hours for instocks?

I would argue that in the morning an instocks TMS is more versatile and will make the store look better by filling outs and end caps.

HLTMs are amazing I am on record as saying that but nothing is stopping a HLTM from middaying, pushing reshop and CAFS by coming in after noon.

Last edited:
I would argue in the morning an instocks TMS is more versatile and will make the store look better by filling outs and end caps.

HLTMs are amazing I am on record as saying that but nothing is stopping a HLTM from middaying, pushing reshop and CAFS by coming in after noon.

I'd disagree. Salesfloor gets stuck running priority pulls from instocks almost every day.

We were overnight but are switching to 4am.

To be honest its not like we have hours everywhere I think hardlines was only at 180 for the week which is the definition of gutted. But our leadership realizes instocks can get way more done in the morning so they are getting padded with hours.

In the two week out we have one TM at 40 a week and 6 people at about 20 for the week.
Some stores can only dream of 180 hours in hardlines. We are under 200 in instocks and hardlines combined.

I'd disagree. Salesfloor gets stuck running priority pulls from instocks almost every day.

ASANTS, at my store instocks pulls and pushes their own priorities.

Whenever we have an opening HL TM they push reshop and backup the lanes. It's pointless. Being an overnight store flow should have pushed out anything that needs to go out except clearance and PTM which pricing takes care of.

Last edited:
Pretty much what other posters have stated... There are times when there isn't anyone at my store in hl's till 10 or 11, and we have two to three people scanning various parts of the store. You can't tell the difference, nor can a guest. They still ask us questions, we still get our job done. If your store management can't trust instocks to do some guest servicing, backup, and answering calls while doing instocks, then you need new instocks tms. Granted it does get annoying doing all that while researching, but it's the nature of the business

We have about 45 hours on the new schedule for in stocks (ULV) but the ETL-Logistics still looks at me like I'm crazy when she wants me to shoot through HIPA (in my store that includes kids bedding and also the bath accesories like soap dishes and stuff) and I tell her it's pulling 150 dpcis total..but no, we don't need instocks hours

We have about 45 hours on the new schedule for in stocks (ULV) but the ETL-Logistics still looks at me like I'm crazy when she wants me to shoot through HIPA (in my store that includes kids bedding and also the bath accesories like soap dishes and stuff) and I tell her it's pulling 150 dpcis total..but no, we don't need instocks hours
Why is kids bedding and bath accessories considered hipa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back