Archived AE14 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllRedEverything

Sr. TL, Backroom
Hey everyone,

Question for y'all. With me being fairly new to Target and haven't gone through a review process, what is expected in terms of raises and how is it scored? Do I get a 2% increase for an effective rating, 3% for excellent, 4% for outstanding, etc.?

Thanks!

This may sound harsh but the best way to sum it up is you get whatever they want to give you. Best advice is to kiss butt and not make waves. Don't be tardy and don't miss work. Fake it if you can. I unfortunately did not do any of those things and have burned many bridges at the store I work at. It's too late for me but if you follow my advice, you might have better luck.

If I remember reading you introduction you work at a Canadian store right? I am not sure if the same raise values that are used in the US apply to you. In the US if you receive an O, you'll earn a raise from 47 to 50 cents. An EX will will get you anywhere from 40 to 47 cents. I do not know how the HR picks that particular value. I've never had an E, IE, or U so I do not know what those increases are. I am not sure of the exact values I posted but I hope this gives you a rough idea of what to be expecting.

The reviews are rigged. Plan and simple. A team lead told me that once and I believe it 100 percent. The grading on the reviews is a joke. Getting an IE on attendance when I have only called out about 3 times in a 5 year span is a joke.

I've made the point as to why I need to write a self review. The ETLs already have all the TL's review scores decided, so why should I write a review making my case when it will not make a difference? With AE and how things like sales, AAR, etc effect the ETL and TL scores, I have often felt that I'd get a better score if I were a TM.

I hate the reviews because they are a waste of my time. Just cut the bull crap and tell me if I'm going to get a raise and if so, how much is it. That's my whole mentality on reviews. Let's be honest, the reviews are rigged or designed so that Target gives the least amount of money for raises. ETLs and TLs purposely give low raises because Target is cheap and the ETLs get bonuses on so many things. I don't want you to tell blatant lies about me and then say "here is your 5 cent raise". I just want to know if I'm going to get a raise and how much the raise will be. Plain and simple. I'm sure 90 percent of team members of all Target stores would agree with me on that.

I hate the reviews because they are a waste of my time. Just cut the bull crap and tell me if I'm going to get a raise and if so, how much is it. That's my whole mentality on reviews. Let's be honest, the reviews are rigged or designed so that Target gives the least amount of money for raises. ETLs and TLs purposely give low raises because Target is cheap and the ETLs get bonuses on so many things. I don't want you to tell blatant lies about me and then say "here is your 5 cent raise". I just want to know if I'm going to get a raise and how much the raise will be. Plain and simple. I'm sure 90 percent of team members of all Target stores would agree with me on that.

ETL's do not bonus as much as you think they do. 10,15 years ago they got significant bonuses. ETLs could easily clear $5,000 twice a year. That was back when the weighting factors were much different. Now its sales, conversion, payroll, AAR. Sales being the first. If the store does not meet sales, then review scores and bonus opportunity is pretty much a foregone issue. You cannot be down all year in sales and make it up in the fourth quarter. It's not like that anymore. Stores need to meet sales, payroll, etc. each month to reach full AE potential.

Re: bonuses - If TMs are taking on the chin, no reason ETLs should get any.
We busted our a$$es during Q4 & saw gains despite the breach. Leadership is already guaranteed their bonuses yet we've all been told not expect much for raises 'because of losses related to the breach fall-out'. WTF?!

Like I said earlier, when it's review time, I only have two questions: am I getting a raise and if so how much is it. I do not give a flyin' flip about anything else in the review process/lecture. I just want to be like Jack Black and say "shut up and listen to my order".

Re: bonuses - If TMs are taking on the chin, no reason ETLs should get any.
We busted our a$$es during Q4 & saw gains despite the breach. Leadership is already guaranteed their bonuses yet we've all been told not expect much for raises 'because of losses related to the breach fall-out'. WTF?!

That is because our pay is SPOT's piggy bank.

I can promise you every single one of my team members got a score that they deserved and I did not purposely lower their score. I'm actually pretty offended that you think that's what TL's and ETL's do.

We had a PA who was fantastic & a CTL's dream TM. He busted his butt keeping everything up to date, FIFO'd, culled & fresh. His CTL recognized him regularly when we had visitors. He had gotten the store's only O for 2 yrs running & his CTL had recommended him for one again but was told by leadership that they wanted to recognize someone else (a newb who was a known brown-noser) & they "couldn't afford 2 Os" so they were down-grading his review. His CTL fought it but lost. As a result, the PA left shortly thereafter. Months later, so did the CTL. Our consumables is struggling somewhat but we've lost the luster we once had.

I can promise you every single one of my team members got a score that they deserved and I did not purposely lower their score. I'm actually pretty offended that you think that's what TL's and ETL's do.

Not entirely true. My TL group was told that the store can only give "x" number of O's. So it was up to us to debate as to whom those "x" number of O's went to. It was a reduction of O's from the prior years.

Be offended, but scores are determined and the review made to fit rather than the review determining the score. I've been at the meetings. Have you?

sorry, we already had our TL meeting on Team Member reviews. AE ETL meeting is monday and my ETL told me she would tell me after the meeting so if I find out on monday i will let you know. Otherwise our TL meeting for that is on Tuesday.

Not entirely true. My TL group was told that the store can only give "x" number of O's. So it was up to us to debate as to whom those "x" number of O's went to. It was a reduction of O's from the prior years.

Same here. We are allowed a certain number of Os and Ex's. Everyone else gets an E at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back