Archived AE14 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at my Target in October 2013 at Starbucks. Not seasonal, just to be clear. Got my review a few weeks ago and was given a 1.25% raise, which amounted to 14 cents an hour. On the review I was given an IE for "occasionally muttering under my breath and not speaking nice about co-workers". Being new and having no idea about their review process, I asked about the amount and was told that my raise was "pro-rated" (which I still don't understand what that means) and my TL told me that I was lucky because her first year she got 8 cents an hour. I signed it, not knowing I could refuse at that time. After all that she did not tell me to keep quiet about the amount, but apparently this is a Target rule, that NO ONE SHALL SPEAK OF THEIR RAISES AND AMOUNTS.

I went back to work and immediately asked my co-worker, a GSA most days but still called upon for Starbucks what she got and was told 22 cents. That they had dinged her for some silly reason (I can't remember what it was now but I agreed with her).

Didn't think much more about it and then a couple of days later one of the 16 year old girls who work at Sbux came to me, furious, and said she'd just gotten her review and was only given 14 cents and that she had talked to the other 16 year olds (we have 3) and they got the same thing. Here's the thing - these young ladies are complete and total slackers with no work ethic. They come in, make drinks, do little to no cleaning and leave. I always have to clean after I open when they've closed because they don't care, they are 16 AND they are not held accountable. Most days this is something I try not to dwell on because I know 16 year olds are not going to be super cleaners. But when I found out that they all got the same amount of raise as I did, I have to admit I saw RED and not the fast, friendly kind.

I now consider my bullsh*t 14 cents an insult, since they got the same. I'm told all the time that I do the best job there, that I am the cleanest - in fact they have me in place for every scheduled Steritech visit. They don't have to come to check my work when I close as they know it will be done. They also have me do inventory and do the Siren's Eye setups. So this is the way they value me? And when I read in this thread of people getting 30-50 cent raises I am even more upset. Ix there anything I can do at this point other than quit? And what does pro-rated mean? I still don't understand that.

Last edited:
Pro rated means it's scaled based on the % of the previous year you worked for Target. If your hire date was 6 months into the year, the raise is cut in half compared to what you would have seen if you worked the entire year.

If it makes you feel any better my bullshit IE review netted me 8 cents and I started in October 2013 also X_X

E and 20 cents. considering my last two reviews were batshit on a sandwich I'm surprisingly ok with this.

Prorated means that had you been there an entire year, you would have gotten a 28 cent raise.

I got an EX!!!!! So excited! My raise was only 16 cents, but I'm OK with that. I'm just really excited that my management is acknowledging my hard work.

everyone at my store pretty much got an IE just because of how terrible our store is doing... everyone ive heard from around the store has gotten a 12 cent raise. however, i got a 24 cent raise! yay!

And how much did the almighty Steinhefel get for his severance package? Makes me sick the people who bust ass are happy with cents while that twat waffle got off with millions

Pretty sure with his age and length of service he qualifies for the lifetime discount :mad:

This should give you an idea on ETL bonuses at some stores. For an ETL-Replen who led 4th quarter with Green Scores, no ETL-Log, and 2 TLs, at a AA ($60 million store) with 3 doubles a week, the bonus was $900 after taxes. Why such a low bonus? The STL and some ETLs did not like him so he got a low rating ( <70). He's been with the company for 6 years, got a 1% raise. So I would say the raise/bonus is based on how much you are liked by your rater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back