Archived AE14 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think the reviews are pointless and a waste of time. Why can't we just get some type of thing in the mail or in an email? I'd much rather do that on my day off than have to take time away from my shift, get further behind in pulls, and then have to listen to an ETL tell lies about me so they can give me a crappy raise.

Does anyone else feel cheated that they restructure pay at the same time that your yearly bonus goes through so the dumb people don't notice that they are actually getting a smaller ripped off? To think of all the money wasted by sending every store signing and fixtures even though your store doesn't need them.

EX: 4% for me this year. Combine that with me stepping into a higher grade work center and I'm not doing too bad... by Spot standards. Now I'm going to sit back with a wait and see attitude to see what happens when our state ups the minimum wage in a few months.

so got my EX....but they forgot to change the O to an EX on the most important sheet...the one I have to sign. Anybody know the percent for an O?

Depends.
Are you capped? If so, the most you could get is 3%.
If not......
not capped....got the 4% for the excellent but it was downgraded from an outstanding....except on the sheet I have to sign (didn't even change any of the O's on the review). So I wan't to know how many pennies I am going in to argue for tomorrow. :)

I've worked at Target for a little over a year now. I've been cashier pretty much the whole time. I bet my red card conversion is going to bring down the yearly review score, isn't it? I also had to have 3 months off this year for a surgery, does conversion factor in during that time? It wasn't medical leave, I had to take personal because at that point, I hadn't been with Target for a year.

Does anyone else feel cheated that they restructure pay at the same time that your yearly bonus goes through so the dumb people don't notice that they are actually getting a smaller ripped off? To think of all the money wasted by sending every store signing and fixtures even though your store doesn't need them.

Yearly bonus? Umm...right....good one.

If you've only worked at Target for four full months, can you get a raise? Or does it have to be at least six months?

I would think you would get your raise, and it would be a third of what you would normally get since you've been there a third of a year...otherwise you would have to wait until next April...and that's no good.

So, what's the actual sit-down like? I hear they're starting reviews at my store, imagine I'll be called in for that within a week.

I'm already on some sort of corrective action (CA2? Is that a thing? Don't know what it means.) because I have an accidental NCNS, so I don't expect anything raise-wise, and I do expect to be lectured about attendance. Do they do that cheesy, "How do *you* think you're doing?" conversation? Do they actually ask, "What can we do to make you happier?"

I'm trying to garner information so I can be completely honest (great stl, etls, tls at my store, they treat me fairly; corporate are money-sucking leeches who refuse to reward the people who earn their money, etc.) and see how that flies. If I know some of the questions in advance, if there are questions, I can better form a super-answer that gobbles up all of their questions and leaves them confused.

I start off by letting them know the things they're doing well and what I'm proud of them for. Every one of them, even the bad reviews. I thank them for working for me. I explain the score they got, when it takes effect, and what they'll be making. We go over the ratings and I read them the paragraph I wrote because I took the time to write what I really wanted to say to that TM. I ask what they need from me to be a better leader. Even the good reviews. We sign the sheet and they go about their day.

If they are getting their first review with target I take time to explain the different scores. I also go over each category we rate them on and let them know that if they do those things, they will get a higher score.

Takes 5-10 min tops. Keep in mind different leaders might handle it differently.

Thanks kingpin, you sound like a good TL.

Not sure who's reviewing me - I've been working under a dozen TLs in half a dozen areas...

This is my first year giving reviews at Target. I start off by giving TMs their score and merit sheet, its essentially all anyone truly cares about. Then I talk about their performance, and where I want them to go from where they are currently. Then I talk about the team, and things we can improve, and then things that I can do better for them as well.

I'm probably just going to keep my mouth shut during mine. Probably just the yes and nod routine. It's not worth having an argument over it. It's pointless because you won't win. At Target, you blindly obey or suffer people's wrath. So yep, just keep your mouth shut and agree with everything they say and just yes and nod.

This is my first year giving reviews at Target. I start off by giving TMs their score and merit sheet, its essentially all anyone truly cares about. Then I talk about their performance, and where I want them to go from where they are currently. Then I talk about the team, and things we can improve, and then things that I can do better for them as well.

Pretty much after hearing their low raise amount, they are just seeing RED and not hearing a word you are saying, hence the smile and nodding action. And yes, it's true you can't argue anything so who cares.....although, back in 2012, after seeing my teeny tiny raise, I pitched a holy fit and my HR got me .30. I can't even remember how low it was but I was responsible for 3 major areas and I got less than cashiers did. I was entrusted with confidential info (HR, Cash Office..there was only like 3 people who knew CO and 2 for HRtm) and I made sure they knew that what they gave me was NOT fair!!
And then this year, I'm capped out (as a cashier) so yeah, saw RED again. Not much you can argue about when you cap out.

Got a really negative review from my Back room TL (whom dislikes me greatly) and the TL who gave me my review told me she disagreed with a good amount of it, and even the ETL-HR gave me a hand written positive note thanking me for all that I did in 2013 in Electronics and to keep up the great work. All IE and U's. No wonder she kept avoiding me when I asked her if she would finally give me my review.

Seriously, the written review went NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE to completely positive note like someone else wrote it. If I switch work centers during the year, do other TL's have a say in the written part?

My last day was a few weeks ago. Good thing too, because the day before my last day, I got my review. IE, 67. F*** You Target, and your koolaid drinkers. On the one hand I was happy that my ETL had just hit his 18 months at our store, and so should have been on the way out to a new one sometime in the next 6 months. So that nightmare would finally be over. On the other hand, our new STL is the exact same way he is, and STLs are basically permanent, so my hell would continue anyway. Albeit with only 1 Satan instead of 2.

Funny, because if I were a regular team member I'd get an O every year, corporate bean counter bullsh** permitting. Sorry koolaid drinkers, but it doesn't matter if I'm a TL or a TM - too much process, too much task list, not enough manpower: sh** ain't gonna get done. The ship is sinking; grab your life vest while you can. I hope my koolaid drinking overlords have more skills to put on a resume than just retail (being a retail manager does not equal having marketable skills, at least outside of retail).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back