Archived AE14 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I speak for all team leads when I say we hate delivering those reviews. Even excellent...here's a penny less than a quarter. Worst is IE for someone who's been improving. $0.12 is just an insult.

Many TMs don't really care about what you have to say. They just want the cover sheet that tells them what their raise is. The TMs who are maxed out are the tough ones to do. If they are not an EX or O, no raise. An even bigger slap in the face to the part timers who lost their insurance too.

Didn't even think about maxed out. Those would definitely be worse. Capped off by the fact that there's less opportunity to promote each year.

....and yet, here we are again.
Another year, another underwhelming raise.

Got my effective review with a 2.5%-$0.45 pay increase today. I already knew I would not get much more than that.

I think I speak for all team leads when I say we hate delivering those reviews. Even excellent...here's a penny less than a quarter. Worst is IE for someone who's been improving. $0.12 is just an insult.

Many TMs don't really care about what you have to say. They just want the cover sheet that tells them what their raise is. The TMs who are maxed out are the tough ones to do. If they are not an EX or O, no raise. An even bigger slap in the face to the part timers who lost their insurance too.

I care. Would like a honest review, but I've discussed that in a different thread on this forum.

What I would really like to know is how do I find out if I'm capped (or what the cap amount) is for my position?

For the people that hit that cap, and know that you're not going to get an increase in the future (not even a COL one), or have to get an EX or an O to get a tiny raise...what's the point of sticking around?

I challenge you to give me a good reason (and friends is not one of them).

Ex, $.61

Last year I got an O with $.97. This year only two Sr.TL got an O, no TMs. They were cheap this year. :(

It depends on your pay grade. If they like you , and a tm. Your smart mgt will up to you at higher pay grade for raises. I had a super tm, who was capped out & my mgt did that too.

For the people that hit that cap, and know that you're not going to get an increase in the future (not even a COL one), or have to get an EX or an O to get a tiny raise...what's the point of sticking around?

Scarcity of jobs outside service/retail industry
Risks of jumping to a new job: starting at lower pay & if layoffs occur, last one in is the first one out
Having a degree(s) means being frequently told that you're overqualified for the job
Jobs in my field being outsourced

Scarcity of jobs outside service/retail industry
Risks of jumping to a new job: starting at lower pay & if layoffs occur, last one in is the first one out
Having a degree(s) means being frequently told that you're overqualified for the job
Jobs in my field being outsourced

Being married to someone whose job keeps you in an area where all those things are true.

[/QUOTE]For the people that hit that cap, and know that you're not going to get an increase in the future (not even a COL one), or have to get an EX or an O to get a tiny raise...what's the point of sticking around?

I challenge you to give me a good reason (and friends is not one of them).[/QUOTE]

I'm a single parent with a special needs child and Spot works with my family's schedule and understands (so far) the special circumstances that my family faces.
One of the best insurance plans that I've ever had for a very reasonable cost, contrary to what others may think
Company contributes to 401k plan
I am not working at minimum wage and finding another job at a higher payrate with the reasons listed above at my age (past middle age) would be very difficult
I like what I do
It is a respite from my life as a special needs parent - nobody dies if I screw up and it is much less mentally demanding
There isn't a job that I've done here (cross trained in almost every area) that has been difficult to learn or do or has compromised my personal integrity
Close to home
One has to mess up pretty badly and consistently to get fired

There's probably more.

Even Walmart adjusts their caps for COL.

can't wait to hear mine....since everybody knows I am trying to transfer....and have since the beginning of the year.

I bet I get an IE or U. I don't kiss my butt and everyone knows I hate working at Target. I don't really care. Just want to know if I'm going to get a raise and if so, what's the amount. I don't give a shite about the other stuff which is basically Targets way of saying "yeah, you probably could have gotten a bigger raise but we are only allowed to give good raises to a handful of people and you aren't a butt kisser or well liked so yep we're gonna screw you over".

In a nutshell, got my review, no pay increase. GSTL didn't know why. (HR should've told her why. Didn't they think I'd question that????)
Come to find out from HRtm I capped out for cashier. I was in a different area for 6 yrs and got some great raises when our store first opened. Back when Target was Fast, Fun & Friendly. Had to switch to cashier due to medical reasons for a family member.
I can't even imagine not getting a raise ever again. Need to do some serious soul searching now. Love the flexibility of my job but the no pay increase just burns my biscuits. :(
Yes, I know they can't be paying cashiers 15.00 an hour down the road, but it would take FORRRRREVER to get to that point with teeny tiny pay increases. lol

if past reviews are anything to go on I know im gonna get screwed once again. though thankfully the TL who did my review last year, who I might add might as well have filled it out on the john and wiped his ass with it, was kept far away. though I don't see myself getting a decent raise cause I don't kiss up to anyone, if I don't hit eight bucks im gonna flip shit. they gave me a six cent raise last year putting me at 7.98. between that and the general BS of my review I was livid. and conveniently when mine was delivered the TL who did it was on vacation for two weeks. oh he knew I would want answers. I tracked him down when he came back pulled him into the conference room and demanded answers and he must have been tipped off by another TL (and I have a very shrewd idea who) and his answers were not only scripted but downright lies. seriously how stupid do you think I am? you cant con a con buddy boy.

What I don't understand is why the caps are a big secret that you don't know anything about until your review and find out you're capped. Are these published somewhere? How does one really know they're capped? Because my TL told me so? Yeah.... that just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

What I don't understand is why the caps are a big secret that you don't know anything about until your review and find out you're capped. Are these published somewhere? How does one really know they're capped? Because my TL told me so? Yeah.... that just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

In NY, a TL or ETL is supposed to meet with you once a year regarding your current wage and where you stand on the payscale for your paygrade. Other states may have a similar requirement.

I care. Would like a honest review, but I've discussed that in a different thread on this forum.

What I would really like to know is how do I find out if I'm capped (or what the cap amount) is for my position?

The point to sticking around... You'll get less pay and less vacation time at almost anywhere else you go at entry level. Your feet are in cement so so speak. You are not in water, but sort of stuck where you are.

I am capped have not seen my review but I am pretty certain I will get an "E" I was given an E last year even though in my many years it was what I feel as my best year at the company even though all of my previous reviews were EX. I refused to sign last years review, and I will refuse to sign this years review also. It changes nothing but I dont even care I wont sign something I do not believe is fair or true.

What if you said "I refuse to sign" during your review and make it like you are making a jab against Target's Nazi anti Union stance? :p

Refusing to sign is pointless. As long as your review was delivered to you by your leader is all that is taken into consideration.

Your signature means you acknowledge that your review was shared with you, not that you liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back