Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just barely squeaked out enough sales to bump up to Org 2 (maybe like 800 grand over the minimum threshold), so Flow and BR/IS stay under separate leaders for us. We'll still end up losing 3 team leads between a GSTL and hardlines, softines, or consumables to make the new headcount though. They can go right ahead and dump CTL stuff on the PAs, but if they want me to act like a team lead they better pay me like one (yeah right).

After a rough 2013, I thought we were dropping an org chart, but we just barely stayed above the threshold. Yay, we're keeping overnights!

Structural changes in leadership

Hey folks. Just wanted to throw something out to you guys about something that's about to happen to my store and wondering if others are following suit.

My store is a fairly high volume store in the city, grossing $65 million+ a year. I found out through my DTL and former STL that there was going to be changes coming. The ETL-REPL (replenishment) position is going to cease to exist. The only ovn ETL position will be LOG (logistics). The Replenishment position is going to be replaced with a Sales Floor Operations position. In some cases, the former replenishment executive will take the position but it is a dayside position. In other cases, external applicants and TL's will be promoted into it.

Also, the HR-TL (human resources TL) position will be scrapped entirely.

Is this happening any place else? Or is this isolated to my store/district? Or has anyone else heard about this?

Personally, I think its stupid and just another example of how spot loves the idea of having more chiefs than indians. A Sales Floor Operations position as it was described to me will focus on in-stocks, plano, and price change.

Welcome to The Break Room!

It sounds like your store is similar to mine in volume (A+) and probably on the same org chart (5). We're getting the same changes - our ETL-Repl is coming to dayside to become an ETL-Ops and our HR TL is demoting to TM and staying in HR, among other changes.

Changes are happening in all org charts company-wide. Check out the AE14 thread for more info.

Has anyone received an e-mail stating that 108 stores are closing?

Apparently, this e-mail was *accidentally* sent to team leaders but I didn't see anything pop in my inbox. Of course, the person I heard this from is gossip anyways and probably will be performanced out, but just wondering.

Also... The other day I was printing some off POGs and the team leader who had used the computer before forgot to close out some of their windows... The closing store best practices page was one of them, but nothing was announced...

We were Org Chart 7 down to Org Chart 4. No major changes on the sales floor as we currently have 3 TLs in hardlines and 2 TLs in softlines. Our ETL-Log left the company late last year and our ETL-HR got transferred out last month before this went down so our ETL headcount matches up. I don't know who is getting moved around yet. Up front we have one TL for SB/FA already and only had 2 GSTLs so no changes there.

Welcome to The Break Room @bittersweet
Like mrknownothing said check out AE14 thread.
It has the details of the changes that Spot has thrust upon you.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they open a new store what is the headcount based off since there are no previous sales?

I wonder if they base it off stores in the area or if they don't have any stores in an area go by population density for estimates?

I believe demographics; how many people live in different radiuses of the store, distance to closest stores (Target or otherwise), medium income of people in area, placement of store (attached to a mall?), etc. All affect projected store traffic and sales when they choose where to build a store and what they think the rank will be. I remember when they opened a store in my area a few years ago they projected it to be at least an A; In reality it was a B or C after it opened and they lost the headcount of an A.

New headcount guidelines and core roles are on workbench. PAs are now part of the headcount. Org Chart 4 is only alloted one PA.

Yup, there's no CTL in a non super, but there is a PA aligned under one of the sales floor TLs. And in org chart 4, each of the 2 GSTLs has a GSA aligned under them.

Ok, now I'm curious about the GSA count. We have too many with four, personally. We have one really part time GSA (weekends only during the school year), and then the three of us "fighting" for hours. With 2 GSTLs, and the FA/SB TL who takes one of the shifts each week to pad her own hours, I only get two GSA shifts a week...which is totally fine with me, but I need the hours that come with being a GSA.

Does anyone have the GSA count for the different org charts?

New headcount guidelines and core roles are on workbench. PAs are now part of the headcount. Org Chart 4 is only alloted one PA.
What the hell?? That makes ZERO sense. Going to have 1 PA and no CTL?? Who is going to do all the PA duties then? In a store like mine we don't have market TMs that would know how to do the cull & such.

Can anyone else confirm the PAs are apart of the headcounts?

Also, can someone tell us where on workbench we can find the headcount guidelines?

It's under store reports and my store is now org chart 4 and on the headcount list there is on PA listed under the last sales floorTL

With the changes, my store is
moving from a 4am to 6 am flow process.
pricing will start at 8am instead of 6
Pricing and POG merge and fall under Logistics
Softlines and hardlines are merging to 1 big sales floor team
losing - HRTL, CTL, Price accuracy TL posts

My hardlines exec (Target Princess Barbie) is freaking out.

*rant*
I HATE the Flow process change. When I started, it was beat into my head that the most important thing is being clean at 8am when we open. NO skids, no freight, if anything is left to push after open it could to be *at most* repacks/pulls. Now that we are going to 6am, its magically ok to have skids and flats and carts full of freight on the floor after open.
I've gone into 6am and even 730am stores and I turned around and left. No offense, but if I wanted to work at Walmart, I would.

I know the decision is WAAAAYYYY above my pay grade, but it just seems like a bad idea. I was told it was so Flow could be the Vibe coverage in the morning. We have to push freight quickly, accurately, cleanly AND CYHYFS. Vibeing while pushing repacks or pulls is one thing, but while trying to push an entire aisle of freight? (that is bowled out into a damn guest cart- -my etls spitball idea)

Idk how after open push process stores deal with it.

Thought- Do you still get held to the 2 case per minute standard if your process dictates after open freight push?

Ok, now I'm curious about the GSA count. We have too many with four, personally. We have one really part time GSA (weekends only during the school year), and then the three of us "fighting" for hours. With 2 GSTLs, and the FA/SB TL who takes one of the shifts each week to pad her own hours, I only get two GSA shifts a week...which is totally fine with me, but I need the hours that come with being a GSA.

Does anyone have the GSA count for the different org charts?

When I was in for my AE2014 "meeting" they didn't mention anything about gsa counts... We're just team members, so I'm fairly certain it's up to the GE leadership to determine the staffing needs for their store as far as I know? (My ETL-GE wants six for some god-forsaken reason ?? ?)

Yeah, that's what I find odd about PA and GSA counts...we're just TMs. Of course we are TMs that get paid a very paltry amount more for putting up with the insanity. But I could see how Spot would be cheap enough to limit GSAs and PAs to avoid stores having too many of them so they can give people the bump in pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back