Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how AE14 impacts super Targets? Are they still going to have ETL-SL ETL-HL, etc? Or are they seeing positions consolidated into one as well?

There will be one ETL Salesfloor now. Market will also have 1 ETL for stores doing 45-60 Million.

Holy sh**! You're kidding? So the giant massive super target down the road from my store is now going to have only one ETL for all of hardlines AND softlines?

I've heard nothing, but things are "something" at our store.... I can see changes, just don't know what is what yet.

I think we are hovering between org 2 and 3. I will just keep watching and see what happens.

I wonder too how many bench TLs we are going to have in our district that are going to be S.O.L.

A few more things I find disturbing are now payroll is calculated by dollars instead of hours (there's always been reports for both). Some of us higher paid TL's will probably be looked at 1st when the time comes to performance someone out.

This is scary for higher paid (and longterm) tms also.

This is going to be very interesting as several TMs at my store were recently signed off to be TLs and are on the bench. I'm wondering if this is some grand plan to performance manage out the higher paid TLs and put these new TMs in place for these TLs.

I feel sorry for the POG TLs...being the signing ninja, I see it already...and it's not going to be pretty, especially at my store.

The STL had a meeting with the bench TMs today and basically told them "Sorry. No promotions for you! But stick around, we might have something for you down the road!"

Another example of the carrot-and-stick.

My store needs to lose 3 TLs and one ETL. There's already discussion amongst the TLs and TMs over who's going to quit or get fired first...thanks, it was fun at work today. Fast, Fun, and Friendly? Not today...and probably not until we reach headcount.

Last edited:
Stopped by my old store today. They have to lose 4 TLs. Between talking to the ones in the store and the others on facebook they have all been told in confidence that they are fine and will not be going. I did not want to mention that I have spoken to all but one TL in the store and they have all been told the same thing. That math does not work out. In a way I understand why they are saying that because if everyone thinks they are safe you will not have several TLs wrecking morale or sabotaging things on the way out. On the other hand it is pretty damn shady.

Why would our 2012 sales be at the upper end of one org chart, but it says we're the next lower org chart?

I know our TL's have been in meetings all week so I am dying to know exactly who is staying and who isn't. We lost two Sr.TL's and one TL over 4thQuarter and they never replaced them so I imagine things won't change TOO much except our PricingTL is definitely going to be out of a spot.

Does anyone know, for stores that has/have a FATL and a StarbucksTL, did they get reduced to one for both? Because our StarbucksTL is moving to Hardlines (or was as of November; I dunno about now) and our FATL is having to take over both workcenters.

We have 9 TL's (including 1 GSTL, 1 FA/Starbucks and 1 CTL) and are a C Volume store.

Starbucks Team Lead is a little different as it depends on the sales of Starbucks and the contract they have with them. We had a team lead for both for a long time but our Starbucks sales fell under where we needed to be so they merged the two a couple of years ago.

Does anyone know how AE14 impacts super Targets? Are they still going to have ETL-SL ETL-HL, etc? Or are they seeing positions consolidated into one as well?

There will be one ETL Salesfloor now. Market will also have 1 ETL for stores doing 45-60 Million.

Holy sh**! You're kidding? So the giant massive super target down the road from my store is now going to have only one ETL for all of hardlines AND softlines?

It really depends on their sales volume.

Now with all the changes. I am officially in a dead end job. TPS position gone. TLs have no plans on leaving and if any leave position is gone. FML.

Depends on your volume. What are your sales? My scenario is for an AA store that will likely hit 50 million by the end of the fiscal year, which is tomorrow.

As for Plano taking on adjacencies, I think this will be accomplished by moving SL Brand TM's to the Plano team and basically having them continue to set adjacencies. I was told that plano is allocated hours based on setting the entire Adjacency calender themselves, but if so then why has every store I've ever worked in had SF TL's and TM's setting salesplanners and adjacencies???? Free labor for Plano team!!!!

This is not completely true. At least not at the stores I have worked at. My store plano (Which is currently O/N process) doesn't even get enough hours to set their pogs and revisions, let alone set the entire store adjacency. Hours are allocated out of the total. Plano team only really gets what their workload would be for that week (pogs and revisions) and most of the time not even that. So I wouldn't exactly call it free labor.

Last edited:
My execs figure that we will be adding the soft lines brand and some of the hardlines tms to the POG team to do adjacencies and endcaps. They already do them anyway, they would just be reporting to a new TL and possibly work early mornings.

@Snookie Your store sounds like it adjusts TL like mine, based on what we think we need. We are C volume going to be Org 3. We are supposed to have 1 SB and 1 FA, but so that we have can one more TL on the floor we combined those positions a long time ago. Since we technically have to lose 3 SF TL we are now going to have the 2 GSTLs split FA and SB so that we can have 2 HL, 1 CTL, 1 SL. Really each store can adjust TL how they want as long as they have the total amount right.

As for Plano taking on adjacencies, I think this will be accomplished by moving SL Brand TM's to the Plano team and basically having them continue to set adjacencies. I was told that plano is allocated hours based on setting the entire Adjacency calender themselves, but if so then why has every store I've ever worked in had SF TL's and TM's setting salesplanners and adjacencies???? Free labor for Plano team!!!!

This is not completely true. At least not at the stores I have worked at. My store plano (Which is currently O/N process) doesn't even get enough hours to set their pogs and revisions, let alone set the entire store adjacency. Hours are allocated out of the total. Plano team only really gets what their workload would be for that week (pogs and revisions) and most of the time not even that. So I wouldn't exactly call it free labor.

I do the payroll forecasting at my store and I can for sure tell you that Planos hours are only Planograms and Revisions. It sounds to me like your STL or who ever reallocated hours is taking away hours from Plano if you do not have enough time to get done. The PTL at my store is a great planner and is able to have his team zone almost every morning and last year he was able to save over 200 hours. For the most we are a week ahead unless clearance is clogging up aisles we were supposed to set. With MyTime and this restructuring it is definitely possible that all of the adj calendar hours will be put under Plano hours.

I do the payroll forecasting at my store and I can for sure tell you that Planos hours are only Planograms and Revisions. It sounds to me like your STL or who ever reallocated hours is taking away hours from Plano if you do not have enough time to get done. The PTL at my store is a great planner and is able to have his team zone almost every morning and last year he was able to save over 200 hours. For the most we are a week ahead unless clearance is clogging up aisles we were supposed to set. With MyTime and this restructuring it is definitely possible that all of the adj calendar hours will be put under Plano hours.

If this held true for all stores, then why are the hours for VA's and SalesPlans so low? This is why I feel the STL or ETL that does hours allocation is not fair when it is done.

Also, am I reading that the plano team is going to be doing revisions and endcaps?

Sales Planners in general from what I can gather.
Now the question is are they going to be getting the manpower and hours or will they be grabbing bodies from the departments?

I wonder how many sales floor people will become part of the pog team. Right now people on our pog team can get anywhere from 8-40 hours a week, just depends. With them adding people I think 40 hour weeks would be rare, considering them dropping part time health insurance.

Seems like a way for them to spread out those hours even more.

I know the hours are shaved here and there to be given to the sales floor at my store. Some weeks we've been shorted 40-50 hours. And they wonder why we can't get ahead.

I know in my store the plano team is going to have to get to work right away instead of their normal 30 minute chat in the team lead office every single morning. The plano TL strolls in 10 minutes late,(team is chatting) then checks mail(team still chatting) then starts pulling her paperwork (team still chatting) finally gives everyone an assignment. Now they all go get their carts and get started. Why they can't get their carts or work some left over reship while she is putzing around is beyond me. But with her fake ties she is green every week. I really wouldn't mind her complaining about the lack of hours if I saw even 1 person on her team show a sense of urgency.

As for Plano taking on adjacencies, I think this will be accomplished by moving SL Brand TM's to the Plano team and basically having them continue to set adjacencies. I was told that plano is allocated hours based on setting the entire Adjacency calender themselves, but if so then why has every store I've ever worked in had SF TL's and TM's setting salesplanners and adjacencies???? Free labor for Plano team!!!! I agree with moving this workload to the Plano TL, as it should eliminate several people ordering shelves for new sets not knowing they were ordered by 3 others. Now as to the SF TL headcounts, I see an opportunity for AE15 if salesplanners and adjacencies are moved to Presentation TL. Some of these cuts are actually needed and beneficial. People who are performing should not be concerned. Those who are not meeting their current core roles or are unable/unwilling to blend into their new core roles successfully will likely exit the company by September. Target changes all the time, being resilient and adaptable is a core leadership dimension, and you wonder why??? AE is why!!!! Roll with the punches or get the boot!!!

This has been my argument. How can plano have so many hours they can give up hours to pricing for instance, but HL gets 20 hours for 238 salesplans. Seems that plano has too many hours to begin with.

That is a failure of your ETL-HR or STL. If you actually look at the adjacency calendar, it it split into 2 sections. At the end of the first it says Total Presentation team hours = x. Then Total Salesfloor hours =x.

Don't forget that with the POG team, their workloads for transitions were somewhat reduced with the new type of transitions... forgot what they were called. You can see this in the recent transition in frozen and dairy. There were quite a bit of new products but they didn't reorganize the new aisles as intensely as times before. I bet those new types of transitions were part of the plan to shift POG's type of work.

Don't forget that with the POG team, their workloads for transitions were somewhat reduced with the new type of transitions... forgot what they were called. You can see this in the recent transition in frozen and dairy. There were quite a bit of new products but they didn't reorganize the new aisles as intensely as times before. I bet those new types of transitions were part of the plan to shift POG's type of work.

Large revisions

Large revisions

Correction... I heart large revisions....which is totally not the truth!!

Does anyone know more about the My Time scheduling process or w/e? One of my leaders was saying something like, depending on your availability, it's going to put you in certain departments etc.

My store got their headcount demolished. We are a ULV store and this is our new headcount:

STL

ETL-HR
ETL- Sales Floor/GE
ETL- Logistics
ETL- RX

Salesfloor TL (Hardlines, Softlines, Market)
Plano/Price TL
Replenishment TL
Guest Service TL
Asset Protections TL
Starbucks/Target Cafe TL

That's it. The regular team members are basically going to end up doing the TL responsibilities while the TLs have barely enough time to wade through a mountain of paper work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back