Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DTL is so BS'd it's almost sad. My store is a training store. My store is only a training store because we cheat at everything. Need to boost your in stock scans #'s ? Go scan the new set the POG just set before they're pushed. POG team behind ? No POG hours ? grab random flow team members to set. Flow team not finished ? line up shopping carts in the back room and have them pushed during the day, add them to CAF push OR just back stock it all. ISM pallets everywhere ? toss it all. Absolutely no employee incident reports. You get bribed out of that, and then there's the new low from cosmetics overnight reset: We apparently tossed our 14 inch shelves, (4 weeks prior) so a TL TOLD a TM to dig through the open top to find them.

Last edited:
At huddle today it was mentioned that we're absolutely killing it with our comp for this year (probably due to Pfresh). We're over by double digits right now, and it made me wonder if we moved up from Org 2 to 3 if we would gain back those TL spots that we had to cut. I feel like we have a decent enough chance to. We lost a couple of great people because of AE14, one of whom I was extremely close with, and it just makes me sad that this is the route the company took :/

At huddle today it was mentioned that we're absolutely killing it with our comp for this year (probably due to Pfresh). We're over by double digits right now, and it made me wonder if we moved up from Org 2 to 3 if we would gain back those TL spots that we had to cut. I feel like we have a decent enough chance to. We lost a couple of great people because of AE14, one of whom I was extremely close with, and it just makes me sad that this is the route the company took :/

Most likely they will just keep getting rid of TL/ETL slots in AE15. Its pretty clear that TLs are a dying breed and ETLs are almost extict as well. At some point you may I see things like an STL, a couple ETLs, and some GSAs and TM key carriers.

I'd take a key carrier premium as a GSA >_>. It's not TL+ pay but it's better than I'm getting now...

Sorry if I'm not following, but did they get rid of salesplanners and softlines sets or offload them into the planno team? When I was on the salesfloor, team leads were the only ones there so we did hundreds if salesplanners per week. How are these getting done with only one salesfloor TL? I can't imagine TMs working 10hrs/wk are picking up that slack... This sounds crazy.

Sorry if I'm not following, but did they get rid of salesplanners and softlines sets or offload them into the planno team? When I was on the salesfloor, team leads were the only ones there so we did hundreds if salesplanners per week. How are these getting done with only one salesfloor TL? I can't imagine TMs working 10hrs/wk are picking up that slack... This sounds crazy.
You are correct. Plano does sales planners, softlines, revisions & new Plano sets. Pricing has part of Plano. Now, Plano reports to logistics etl.

"We still get the same amount of payroll so instead of one TL at 40 hours, we can have two TMs at 20 hours each." She told me this to make me feel better about the TL cuts...:confused:

This is the boiled down essence of the changes that are supposed to be made.
This hasn't been confirmed.
Also for most folks who have watching this board none of this is really a big surprise.

-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

Yeah, our ETL - Log walked out last month, made it easier for out ETL - HL to take over Log and the ETL - SL take over the whole floor. I was going to be mad too, if my ETL - HL had to leave. He is really good at his job and we really get along. I can always count on him if I have any problems.

We just lost another ETL. He got transferred with very short notice & won't be replaced. So now our ETL head count is correct according to AE14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back