Archived All external storage taken away

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had three trailers. The middle trailer that housed transitional freight, gone. Now it's piled high behind the line or on occasion moved out onto the floor. Or for a couple of days back in the corner where softlines are housed now. It's a lob lolly of a mess!

We had three trailers. The middle trailer that housed transitional freight, gone. Now it's piled high behind the line or on occasion moved out onto the floor. Or for a couple of days back in the corner where softlines are housed now. It's a lob lolly of a mess!
Lob lolly... I don’t think I’ve ever heard that term in my life.

I am in aw at your stories' of how bad your stores are. We only stow large metal recycling in there and store our cardboard cages in there after truck and have found ways to dispatch of all the freight that comes in three days a week. And backstock it all. And be able to sweep the backroom and do the audit daily. And of course, gotta pull instocks batches. And all in 8 hours. It's amazing how hectic some of your stores are.

Rumor had it a store fudged up and had a bunch of unlocated Black Friday electronics merch out there and it was forgotten.

Rumor where I am was that it wasn’t unlocated stuff, but there was a meth lab in one at a store. They had like 6 or some ungodly #. Someone got curious one day and finally opened it up and found all the supplies. Surely can’t be true but was fun to believe.

I am in aw at your stories' of how bad your stores are. We only stow large metal recycling in there and store our cardboard cages in there after truck and have found ways to dispatch of all the freight that comes in three days a week. And backstock it all. And be able to sweep the backroom and do the audit daily. And of course, gotta pull instocks batches. And all in 8 hours. It's amazing how hectic some of your stores are.
You only have 3 trucks a week? We have minimum 5 around 2100 pieces each. High volume store and second smallest footage in the state

I heard that Janna is the one that does not like external storage, not sure why. Our store needs one, but I guess we're at her mercy here.

gotta save money to pay everyone and newbies 12 /hr

We still have at least 1 conex box filled with who knows what behind the building. Recently heard on walkie our pptl calling and asking one of her people if she was still in the conex.

You only have 3 trucks a week? We have minimum 5 around 2100 pieces each. High volume store and second smallest footage in the state
I actually would enjoy seeing that process. It would be a hell of a challenge to do that with the team I have. haha

I actually would enjoy seeing that process. It would be a hell of a challenge to do that with the team I have. haha
There's nothing to enjoy about it. The two non-truck days each week are spent madly scrambling to catch up and finish the push and backstock from the previous 2-3 trucks.

We lost our third trailer and our outside storage last month. So we lost a ton of storage space in the steel for stuff we needed to keep. Now salvage pallets float around because they don't have a home anymore once they are full, and when we have a transition we lose all space for our other backstock. They had better let us have the third trailer again for 4th quarter or we are screwed.

I’ve worked at a 3 truck/week store and a 7-8 truck/week store and there really is no comparison. Vastly different processes. I’d choose the smaller volume store any day. We literally had a week there where we had 26 total backroom errors. We kept everything as perfect as we could. It’s just not possible in the higher volume stores though.

I’ve worked at a 3 truck/week store and a 7-8 truck/week store and there really is no comparison. Vastly different processes. I’d choose the smaller volume store any day. We literally had a week there where we had 26 total backroom errors. We kept everything as perfect as we could. It’s just not possible in the higher volume stores though.
26 total in the whole backroom would be amazing. We usually end up with around 50 ish total (mostly in market) and we are kinda low volume. Not sure what my store is classified as though. I need to ask my ETL what volume of store we are. Lol

I really feel like the market errors are created by salesfloor not being trained to "take" with the mydevice. Ugh Every new TM should be taught to "take" at least. Maybe not to stow or backstock rather but just teach them to fucking press "take"!!! LOL

I heard that Janna is the one that does not like external storage, not sure why. Our store needs one, but I guess we're at her mercy here.

So if all of us take pictures, and contact OSHA, literally, within a 3 hour time frame, can we get our storage back.

I can understand why external storage would be frowned upon. I've seen posts here on this site where external storage is used as "out of sight, out of mind" which isn't great, and depending on the area around your store it could be a real eyesore, or take up too much parking lot space, or be a target for theft, etc.

That said, if a store has a place for external storage and has a history of using it appropriately, there should be exceptions granted, or Spot needs to offer alternatives if the space inside the building doesn't meet store needs.

And if it takes OSHA complaints to get there, well, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back