Archived Am I supposed to tell my GSA/GSTL....

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get a red card, should I tell my GSA/GSTL? With my last store I never told them but the one time I did he wrote my name on the grid under other cashier's names and put a tally by it. I had recieved more Redcards that day but I didn't know that I was supposed to tell? I was the only one with one tally, everyone else had five or seven. :((

I would say something as well when you get one. Our LPDAs normally alert us when someone gets one but, at least for myself, these alerts haven't been as reliable lately.

Yeah you would want your GSTL to know.

At my store, GSTLs have a log that they keep and write down your name and how many redcards you got for the day and they use that to grade your performance for the redcard part in your yearly review.

At my store, we log redcards and surveys on our daily break schedule. Usually, an alert pops up on their LPDA.

You can either:
a) hit the HELP button to alert the GSTL/GSA you need them
b) tell them when they walk by, or when you go on break

That's one of the things that I wonder with REDCard app credits, if you're on the SF and the guest wants to open up a REDCard during the lawn and patio furniture sales. I walk up front with the guest since I'm pushing the flat of furniture. The cashier fills out the application after I tell them that the guest would like to open a REDCard, so they get the credit and I don't. Makes me less inclined to push the REDCard apps since I don't get acknowledged or recorded in the system as getting one even though I got the app and not the cashier.

So I hear their frustration on this.

NOP, I would talk to the GSTL or your ETL-GE about that. At our store, if someone on the sales floor is really pushing a RedCard with a guest, they get credit for it. It doesn't show up on actual conversion scores, but it counts for any contests or recognition we might be doing at the time for RedCards.

NOP, I would talk to the GSTL or your ETL-GE about that. At our store, if someone on the sales floor is really pushing a RedCard with a guest, they get credit for it. It doesn't show up on actual conversion scores, but it counts for any contests or recognition we might be doing at the time for RedCards.

My store is all about the numbers on a piece of paper.

That's one of the things that I wonder with REDCard app credits, if you're on the SF and the guest wants to open up a REDCard during the lawn and patio furniture sales. I walk up front with the guest since I'm pushing the flat of furniture. The cashier fills out the application after I tell them that the guest would like to open a REDCard, so they get the credit and I don't. Makes me less inclined to push the REDCard apps since I don't get acknowledged or recorded in the system as getting one even though I got the app and not the cashier.

So I hear their frustration on this.

Why don't you take the initiative to take your guest and the flat to an empty lane and ring them up yourself? All sftm's have the ability to ring up guests. You get credit for the RC and you're not clogging someones lane with a flat. Win win.

Why don't you take the initiative to take your guest and the flat to an empty lane and ring them up yourself? All sftm's have the ability to ring up guests. You get credit for the RC and you're not clogging someones lane with a flat. Win win.
Do this always!
i suggested rc after they decide what they want. but, if i have no luck on rc or is very busy, i commicated on the radio to the gstl or gsa, i am coming up with furniture or big item, which lane do i go? they tell me which lane or they will ring up & ask for rc, themselves. sometimes a double team is needed. i did backup cashiering the other day, & got a rc on $11.00 transaction, unprompted. just smile & ask, then says it takes less than 1 minute or two to start saving 5% at spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back