Archived Amazon Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they gonna know I paid? steaks every night.....

So apparently amazon is killing the game once again with the new idea and concept of a "cashier-less" grocery store. This is innovation. I knew amazon was up to something. If this is a success, I can only imagine how Target, Wal-Mart and Kroger will try to follow suit. What are your thoughts?

I am legit excited for this

Like I need one of these in the LA area because not having to interact with a person would be incredible.

@Kaitii I think it will be great and it is about time some innovation began again. I can foresee some issues but if overtime this concept catches on and is a success I am positive we'll be seeing it elsewhere as well.

@BackroomAlpha

rn my biggest gripe would be the fact that since there are no cashiers/registers things like coupons/other form of discounts probably won't be a thing and I am a poor child who tries to save money

Can I pay extra to assure they pick items with the longest expiration date? Yeah, I'm way too neurotic about my perishable food to not pick it myself.

This is Target's goal isn't it? RFID tags on everything, the guest runs their bag or cart through a scanner that reads all the tags at once and then pay the self checkout machine. Right now the RFID tags can't be scanned through metal or water so they're limited in their use to softlines and some home products (towels, bedding, etc.)

No thanks. I like a paper receipt in hand so I can check for mistakes.

I hope you arent one of the old ladies at Target who wont step aside and block the line while they read over their receipt

;)

I like the idea, but I'd rather it be in bookshops. I always feel judged by the cashier when I buy books lol
For me, I feel weird whenever I buy personal products (ie lady stuff) lol. It's a good idea, but I could see some potential glitches for sure.

say what now?

Being sarcastic but referring to guest who hold up the line to go thru their receipt when the transaction is over. Could easily step aside and go to guest service but they choose to stand there and make you wait for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back