Archived Amplified Gifting 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone doing with the Amplified Gifting sets that were to start setting this week? I think the thing I hate the most about these sets is you have two different departments working on it who clearly do NOT talk to one another. POG writes the labels according to shelf and fixture position and then VMG goes "Nope, do it this way!" So you can't even label the things directly and then fill them. You literally have to find all the product, set it up, then scan each item to find out what label goes where. So none of that salesfloor stuff we learned for position 1-2-1 applies. For example, item given position 1-2-1 in POG is likely on 2-3-5 in VMG. And since VMG trumps it's the most irritating process ever. Then there's the matter of finding all the product to fill them. Took me an entire shift to do two POGs because I had to hunt down all the product.

I will say this, I do like the new fixtures and the fact that they decided NOT to invest in those crappy cardboard shippers this year that really just couldn't take all the wear and tear of a season of Christmas shopping.
Just glad I do not have to deal with this year. Did not find some of the product last year until the set was almost over. At least they learned not to use the cheapa** fixtures they had last year.

I don’t understand why the POGS were such a mess. We should have been able to print labels, set labels and fill. But none of that worked. The labels made no sense: I.e. a 7th shelf ?? Where does that go ? An item that scans to go 2-2-8 but no label for it ? ‘Not all items as pictured ??” Why not ? SHOULD have been easy - was far from it. Hardly a way to make them look like the pictures. Nothing was back stocked so pulls were empty. Our ‘family’ pajamas are scattered in too many different locations! Poor guests need to check men’s, rtw, girls, boys, infants and backroom before they realize they can’t get all the sizes they need. A real disaster.

Trust me, those assigned the task of trying to zone those things hate them just as much. If your store has a dedicated person zoning them or dedicated team zoning them, try to partner with them to find out where stuff's at. I know I've partnered with the SFS tms and tried to keep things in something resembling a logical order (well, it's logical till the guests wreck it, but nothing I can do about that).

I don’t understand why the POGS were such a mess. We should have been able to print labels, set labels and fill. But none of that worked. The labels made no sense: I.e. a 7th shelf ?? Where does that go ? An item that scans to go 2-2-8 but no label for it ? ‘Not all items as pictured ??” Why not ? SHOULD have been easy - was far from it. Hardly a way to make them look like the pictures. Nothing was back stocked so pulls were empty. Our ‘family’ pajamas are scattered in too many different locations! Poor guests need to check men’s, rtw, girls, boys, infants and backroom before they realize they can’t get all the sizes they need. A real disaster.

Because of the crap show that is this new truck process I realized this was going to be an issue. So, I had the A&A break out team take all wondershop items and anything that scanned as a pog # starting with 107 and shove them in repack boxes. We found a corner in the back room and started making a pallet of the repack boxes. Granted we still didn't find everything be we had enough in one location to set all the amplified gifting to the point that the DTL said we were the only store that she visited that looked like it might actually pull it together. ><

Because of the crap show that is this new truck process I realized this was going to be an issue. So, I had the A&A break out team take all wondershop items and anything that scanned as a pog # starting with 107 and shove them in repack boxes. We found a corner in the back room and started making a pallet of the repack boxes. Granted we still didn't find everything be we had enough in one location to set all the amplified gifting to the point that the DTL said we were the only store that she visited that looked like it might actually pull it together. ><
And unload team sends all of that shit to the breakout team too instead of putting it on a pallet or u boat so we're just stuffing random ass boxes on our two tiers and Metras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back