Any DC’s have ICQA changes?

Does ICQA print labels at your DCs? Ours does not. Do you think ICQA will take over label printing now that there are more ICQAs?

I may be sarcastic but when they say there will be more ICQAs, I get a picture in my head from the movie Die Hard when the roof blows and the helicopter along with it, as it's falling thirty stories to the ground; Deputy Chief of Police Dwayne T. Robinson states matter of factly, "We're gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess."

But, I may be sarcastic, I guess.
They actually announced that at a mini video DMA this morning. Only OMs and ICQA now have the privilege to reprint labels.
Get this though, when I spoke to an ICQA about it later (lost some labels inside my PE) he said that yes they were given the privilege to reprint labels. But not permission! Haha. Spot amazes me sometimes with its finesse at wording things.

Ive never been part of it but the 1st shift icqa's at my location do come in early to print all the days labels.

Well not all of them just one or sometimes two of them come in early to do this.

I have heard they are expanding ICQA at my building sometime soonish. Not sure if I want to give up my overtime abilities to apply for it or not though. What new roles and responsibilities do they add to ICQA with the expansion?

There isn't alot of standardization to the job yet so how each location accomplishes their goals can vary from location to location quite a bit *from what ive heard*. But at my location they do the following.

Hold report / stray bins

ISI's researching why the labels needed to be canceled.

Label control basically same process as ISI except they are canceling labels before the purge date to determine why it never diverted.

Inbound dock audits, its exactly what it sounds like.

Bin cleanse which hasn't started yet so we will see what it is when it starts but it sounds like targeted audits of rack locations.

And like anything else other things pop up durring shift that have to be corrected.

Back