COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

Is there an official Target policy about informing TMs about positive cases in the store?

Back in March I asked my TL if we would be told if someone in the store tested positive and she told me we already had a positive case. Then today I got a generic text from what I assume was a computer saying out of an abundance of caution they were telling people there was another case. The positive TM hasn’t worked in about 8 days, but I did work the last day they were there. I’m wondering if I should call out for the next 4 shifts to bring the time since possible exposure to over the 2 weeks. I don’t think it was anyone that I work closely with, since most of those people have been in since the last day, so I’m hoping my chance of having it and being asymptomatic are slim.

Is there an official Target policy about informing TMs about positive cases in the store?

Back in March I asked my TL if we would be told if someone in the store tested positive and she told me we already had a positive case. Then today I got a generic text from what I assume was a computer saying out of an abundance of caution they were telling people there was another case. The positive TM hasn’t worked in about 8 days, but I did work the last day they were there. I’m wondering if I should call out for the next 4 shifts to bring the time since possible exposure to over the 2 weeks. I don’t think it was anyone that I work closely with, since most of those people have been in since the last day, so I’m hoping my chance of having it and being asymptomatic are slim.
Go to work. Ask your hr that question.

I got text messages, with some reporting anywhere from 8 to 10 days after the TM was last at the store.

One of the first questions asked when one has to seek medical attention is whether or not there has been direct contact with someone who has tested positive. Those whose stores have positive cases may be notified that a tm has tested positive, but no idea whether or not there's been direct contact. Hipaa prevents, and rightfully so, a person's medical information from being released in a way that would identify them, but it's too bad there isn't some sort of contact tracing in place to let tm's know if there has been direct contact.

Someone who's far back from the situation, does it even matter anymore if someone is known to have been sick? Is it newsworthy anymore? So many people have been sick and have been in stores (whether as staff or customers) while contagious that shouldn't there just be an assumption that you have been exposed repeatedly and ongoing?

It's one thing like the slaughterhouses where the numbers of sick one building run into the mid-hundreds and closure of one plant just leads the company to shuffle the workers to nearby plants in nearby communities. That's something hitting the news can halt. But a store where the confirmed cases in the store can be counted on one hand? What can stop 5 cases from turning into 6? How does knowing that one person is sick going to make any difference in life than not knowing the specific sources of all the contaminations that are an everyday experience? Is knowing a name any better than not knowing it but knowing what is happening in your surroundings?

How come some store’s cases get broadcast on the local news and others not? Our store has had several cases and no news story, but another store not far from ours was on the news with one case.

How come some store’s cases get broadcast on the local news and others not? Our store has had several cases and no news story, but another store not far from ours was on the news with one case.

Initially news outlets were looking for the "Omg essential businesses have covid 19" clicks, but now it's pretty common knowledge that if you've been in a store chances are you've been exposed. That's my guess.

Hell I work at a small ass store but I'm pretty sure somebody here has it. If it's tight lipped to where I'm not allowed to know why he hasn't been at work, it's covid or he's been termed. Don't think its the second one lol.

I just found out somebody did test positive and stayed away from working at the spot but then went in shopping. I come in and they still cleaning with glass cleaner. I don't understand when somebody tests positive we should be using the sanitizer and cleaner we have damn plenty of that shit literally everywhere in food area. Just buy more you cheap bastards. This is people's health where talking about and you want be fucking cheap.

I just found out somebody did test positive and stayed away from working at the spot but then went in shopping. I come in and they still cleaning with glass cleaner. I don't understand when somebody tests positive we should be using the sanitizer and cleaner we have damn plenty of that shit literally everywhere in food area. Just buy more you cheap bastards. This is people's health where talking about and you want be fucking cheap.
What,, I thought Windex works on everything??

Last edited:
Back