COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

Unless they stopped sending out the texts my store apparently hasn't had any new cases since I posted this. I'm due back for work next week only because I feel it a lot safer now. Anyone else still getting the texts? Last text I get was on 5/14. Last day the most recent TM worked with the virus was 5/11.
I spoke way to soon I got a text the same night I posted this. TM was last in store May 25th. That was the last one I got though. Hopefully it's over for my store.

We have a case at our store. A TM’s mom went and posted on all the Facebook pages that were made for our town that our store has it. Let’s just say we have been very very slow.

Yes ...they have to.but cant tell u who or what workcenter. Only when the person last worked. And sometimes it takes a week to be informed. Really frustrating.

Do you think all stores will tell their TM's if they have cases?

I am 99% sure that my store will not tell us. We had a TL catch it and despite us sitting together in the break room and behind guest service for who knows how long and they didn't tell me. I might have had a very mild case after that. I'm trying to get an antibody test.

Around 10 positives at my store. Last case was around April, so it seems like it’s done it’s thing in the store and left.

Thankfully, no fatalities.

They send us texts that say we've had a confirmed case and what day the TM last worked. One of the cases it was super obvious who it was, the others I had no clue who or if I was in close contact with them.

We didn’t get our first positive until last week and three days later the 2nd was reported. No one from my work center seems to be missing so I have no clue who they might be.

For those of you just getting cases now... Are you in a state where people are wearing masks or not?

For those of you just getting cases now... Are you in a state where people are wearing masks or not?
We had our 1st in mid April, 2nd in May and 3rd in late June. My state has some counties in which require masks and some that do not... Only about half of our guests are wearing them. My store is in a county that doesn't require but the county next to ours does.

My county requires them and all of us employees are wearing masks. Less than a quarter of guest are not. I’m in a place that is considered a new epicenter.

We have had 3 cases in June. We have mandatory masks in our county but about 25% of people don’t wear them and no one enforces it. Which I can see why they don’t enforce it because people are crazy and start going off.

Was just notified of our first case and I'm a little surprised it took us so long! My state was hit hard at the beginning, although my county wasn't hit as hard.
I've been avoiding those TMs who don't wear their masks properly, but think I'll be speaking up more now.
Most guests are compliant, but I'm glad to get my shift out of the way early in the day; as the day goes on, I notice that more guests aren't masked. And I rarely stay to shop after my shift; too much non-compliance for me.
Read in the local paper today that a recent surge caused by 20-somethings at a bar have caused other area restaurants and bars (the ones that aren't shut down again, has to do with percentage of revenue made from alcohol sales) to band together and get serious about enforcement of social distancing and masks. They realize that if they don't get serious about it, shutdowns will be more frequent and/or longer and they won't be making money. Call it selfish motivation for doing the right thing if you want, but I'm glad to see it happening. Now if only other businesses would get on board.

Back