COVID-19 Any other dc getting overtime because of coronavirus

One million cases coming into the DC on any number of trucks. Trucks can be any number of cases, pipos count as one per pallet. So I've seen trucks of 28 'cases', and trucks up to 6000 cases.

You should know what flow means at the store level.. The DC serves quite a few stores, mine was over 100..

So, I would assume 28 PIPO pallets that fill up a truck?

Almost all of it "flow" -- so what is it if it isn't flow? Like ISM? or you mean it's flowing straight off the trailors and being separated and shipped right to the stores? v. being held in a warehouse?
Yup. The DC operates the same way the old Logistics system store side did. Half of what is recieved is Flow. Flows straight from the unload to the floor, or in the case of the DC to the stores. The other half is Reserve (back stock). Gets grabbed off and sent straight to warehouse area to be held for a future date.
Store level, as already mentioned, prepare for trouble and make it doubles!

Almost all of it "flow" -- so what is it if it isn't flow? Like ISM? or you mean it's flowing straight off the trailors and being separated and shipped right to the stores? v. being held in a warehouse?
Yes, it's coming in one trailer then being sorted and sent to the different stores that dc services. If it isn't flow then it's 'reserve', which is just our version of backstock. ISM for us is usually considered flow as 99% of the time we send it straight out and don't hold on to it..

Yup here it comes. We are taking an added truck Sunday, double on Monday and, so far, one truck each day for the rest of the week.

Today was a shit show. That is all that needs to be said. Also lol@ spraying our gloves with cleaner. I was litteraly the only one that did it. The FacOps guys that got stuck walking around cleaning lightswitches and buttons all day looked like he was dead inside by the end. Talk about a painfully long day.

I am in a store. We are already taking 6 trucks next week. My Etl log told me this morning Thursday, that 3 trucks are loaded and waiting to send. I see doubles in my immediate future. Obviously if the dc is buried, we at the store level will be also.
6 trucks is nothing . That’s a walk in the park . Take 12-14 and then you feel it a little more lol

Today was a shit show. That is all that needs to be said. Also lol@ spraying our gloves with cleaner. I was litteraly the only one that did it. The FacOps guys that got stuck walking around cleaning lightswitches and buttons all day looked like he was dead inside by the end. Talk about a painfully long day.
Lol we used the Lysol wipes because they took the spray away. An ob tm asked what was in the spray, they couldn’t respond so they pulled it.

I plan taking vacation once overtime stop so never going get real bad once they start closing schools

Last edited:
My department is flex down next week except for Friday. I know last Fall season I begged for OT I even volunteered to do ART for 12 hours and was told no because it wasn't my home department. OM asked me last night if I wanted it since I was cross-trained in IB and OB and I declined. My gut says I know I'll probably either be in Art or depal all week next week, although I told the OB SOM I wanted to learn lanes. I think I'm gonna regret that choice one day.

Does anyone’s DC have hand sanitizer/ hand wipes spread throughout the building for teammate use or they making you bring your own from home?

Does anyone’s DC have hand sanitizer/ hand wipes spread throughout the building for teammate use or they making you bring your own from home?
We have always had them in the breakrooms and startup areas. Not sure if you are asking about something more. The only thing they added here are little station for cleaning your gloves and equipment.

Have had some voluntary OT this past week, no mandatory yet. Though our drop in WHS came in around 120k which is double what our normal Saturday drop is, so I'm sure the PCs are wishing they scheduled up for this upcoming week lol.

Have had some voluntary OT this past week, no mandatory yet. Though our drop in WHS came in around 120k which is double what our normal Saturday drop is, so I'm sure the PCs are wishing they scheduled up for this upcoming week lol.
We have been threatened with it. I am fairly certain they will call it. We simply arent prepared to handle this volume right now. A1 has no less than 6 orange vests in OB that are below or just starting their first week at 100%. The flex ins from WH they are scraping up I dont think have loaded a trailer in a decade. The OM is on her first month solo.
They scheduled 3 people on the Mezz whilst trying to pass over 100k through the sorter. Running central. I think recirc rate was something stupid like 40%. Total failure of a day. Not even mentioning the ~6 people that have dropped the last two days, leaving during work home sick.
We asked them if it gets bad enough if they will temporarily authorize more than 60 hours for those that volunteer. They said no way. But when each shift has a grand total of 10 people per department, I can't see how they wont.
The thought of doing 7, 12 hour shifts with Trumps reduced income tax proposal is making some of us salivate. I feel bad that I actually hope it gets that bad. I will want to kill myself doing it. But ~$2,000 paychecks 🤤 what a dream.
Anyway the gist is this could get ugly quick. If this does one thing I hope it makes them realise how severely undertrained everyone is. If a few select TMs get sick or stay home to take care of kids, we might litteraly not have enough people trained in certain specialties to function.

We have been threatened with it. I am fairly certain they will call it. We simply arent prepared to handle this volume right now. A1 has no less than 6 orange vests in OB that are below or just starting their first week at 100%. The flex ins from WH they are scraping up I dont think have loaded a trailer in a decade. The OM is on her first month solo.
They scheduled 3 people on the Mezz whilst trying to pass over 100k through the sorter. Running central. I think recirc rate was something stupid like 40%. Total failure of a day. Not even mentioning the ~6 people that have dropped the last two days, leaving during work home sick.
We asked them if it gets bad enough if they will temporarily authorize more than 60 hours for those that volunteer. They said no way. But when each shift has a grand total of 10 people per department, I can't see how they wont.
The thought of doing 7, 12 hour shifts with Trumps reduced income tax proposal is making some of us salivate. I feel bad that I actually hope it gets that bad. I will want to kill myself doing it. But ~$2,000 paychecks 🤤 what a dream.
Anyway the gist is this could get ugly quick. If this does one thing I hope it makes them realise how severely undertrained everyone is. If a few select TMs get sick or stay home to take care of kids, we might litteraly not have enough people trained in certain specialties to function.
Take that ot now that you can. Once this is over and the economy is in the toilet, ot will be non existent and they may have to modify hours with how many employees they hired recently.

Ok, here's a doozy of a question for you all. My OM told me if I was interested in OT to sign up since the drop was going to be bigger than normal. My home department was flexed down for this week. If they mandate OT for outbound, can they mandate cross-trained team members as well or since that's not our home department?

Ok, here's a doozy of a question for you all. My OM told me if I was interested in OT to sign up since the drop was going to be bigger than normal. My home department was flexed down for this week. If they mandate OT for outbound, can they mandate cross-trained team members as well or since that's not our home department?
They already made the call for next week, I don’t think they can mandate cross trained tm’s, but if you volunteer to work it I’m sure you can. Although I don’t know how that would work with the app.
When we just had the books I learned packing as that was the only department to get it and I got preapproved often.

They already made the call for next week, I don’t think they can mandate cross trained tm’s, but if you volunteer to work it I’m sure you can. Although I don’t know how that would work with the app.
When we just had the books I learned packing as that was the only department to get it and I got preapproved often.
I may volunteer some, but its comical because I volunteered to work there in the fall season and was old no its not your home department.

My OM said if we want OT we can tell him and he would just add us to the schedule instead of signing up and getting approved through MyTime, so apparently they can still just straight add people to the schedule if the need is there and the weekly decision has already been made.

Feel bad for the Depal TMs though, seeing us pull so many full pallets of heavy detergents and not being able to use the autos anymore.

My OM said if we want OT we can tell him and he would just add us to the schedule instead of signing up and getting approved through MyTime, so apparently they can still just straight add people to the schedule if the need is there and the weekly decision has already been made.

Feel bad for the Depal TMs though, seeing us pull so many full pallets of heavy detergents and not being able to use the autos anymore.
Yeah that has been hell. We had a nice LONG discussion with our SGL on depal rotations. So at the very least it isnt the same 10 people always going down like in the past. Some of the 10+ year veterans actually having to lift a box rather than running A sort all day every day haha.
If there has been one silver lining with all of thos it is that everything we are handling is high density. Much better for numbers that way.

Back