Archived Any other GSTL's/GSA's having problems processing REDcards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the registers at my store will not allow the REDcard application to finish if the guest needs to change their address from what is on their license. When it gets to that point, a red message comes up saying "This function is not available at this register." And then it voids the application and we either have to move to another register (usually photo lab because we have successfully done it their) and start completely over or the guests says screw it and leaves without getting the REDcard.

Are any other stores out there having this problem? Any ideas why it is all of the sudden becoming a problem? Should it just be mysupport-ed?

This is happening in my store also. It's also happening whenever a team member uses the merch locate (not as much as the red card issue.) I believe it's because of the system update that they did two days ago.

Last edited:
It would let ours, at service desk, go through the whole application and then it would say it wasn't available at the time, come time for approval. My friend got three that didn't go and it didn't count towards conversion.

This has happened before at mys tore, to me especially. A very angry call to corporate from a guest happened afterward (both the GSTL and I recommended it and GSTL gave her the number) and it hasn't happened since. What a strange coincidence!

Happened a few days ago -- had a change of address and a suspend slip printed out. It froze the registers, but the GSTL said she was counting it. Fine with me.

Raising hand. Multiple times in the last 3 weeks this has happened to me.... Ugh, now that you mention it they all had change of addresses. Those were all kicking for further review on the debit side too.

Those were all kicking for further review on the debit side too.

This kept happening all weekend for our store. I felt bad these guests finally remember their blank check after being harrassed for months, and then they didnt get the instant approval. Curious to see if they even get their cards or response in the mail.

Whatever update they did screwed up out registers horribly.. Half of them restarted with windows xp.. When they were called in for freezing, we were told to turnoff the problem machines right away and not restart them until they got a call back.
I think it was 6 or 7 registers that had the problem...

I'm not s sure that the it dept, or whoever does the updates and help desk, knows what they are doing most of the time.

Latest updates have screwed up our registers royally.
When you first log on, they move at a glacial pace but eventually get a little faster. At FA, I can have an entire meal assembled while the screen is still processing my entries.
We call CSC & wind up with someone unintelligible.
After ~20 minutes of gibberish, they advise us to reboot the register, the cure-all for nothing.

Luckily no major issues with our registers. Not sure why it'd plague some stores though but not others. Which update exactly caused it for you, maybe we didn't get that yet? If you mean the update from Win XP to Win 7 we got that about a month ago, and it led to no issues.

This one was right after we got the new card readers.
Can't say exactly when.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back