Any tips to increase circle signups?

A few approaches depending on time.

If you have time to sell:
To avoid getting a yes or no response, never use closed ended questions. Example: "Would you like to save 5% today by using your RedCard?" Always use open ended questions that require them to think. Example: "How often do you shop with us?" Guest: "At least once a week! My husband hates that I spend so much here!" Me: "HAHAHA, well you know you could save an additional 5% every trip by opening a RedCard?" or "I notice you're not using Target Circle, have you downloaded our app?"​
If you don't have time to sell:
Make it statement, this is my preferred method when there is a long line or if the guest isn't interacting back. Example: "It's asking for your number on the screen."​
I find a lot of success using these methods, just use benefits to your advantage based on the situation and offers available. Other retailers that I've worked at were always surprised at how well I did at obtaining credit cards and loyalty sign ups. One year I ranked highest in the store at 157 credit card sign ups only working 20 hours per week. My loyalty abilities and guest connection scores is what helped me get into management.

"Make it statement, this is my preferred method when there is a long line or if the guest isn't interacting back. Example: "It's asking for your number on the screen."

Isn't that kind of a not so honest way to do it?

"Make it statement, this is my preferred method when there is a long line or if the guest isn't interacting back. Example: "It's asking for your number on the screen."

Isn't that kind of a not so honest way to do it?
I can see why you might think that. I'm not staying you have to put it in, I'm telling you there's a prompt that requires your attention asking for a phone number. This is the verbal way version of self checkout having a large screen asking for your number with a very tiny skip button below the submit button.

Back