Archived Any truth that Target May separate Market/SBux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate all the responses guys. Been hearing that it may or may not happen for us. Would love it if they did because I would be a good fit for the market side of things but I know NOTHING about Starbucks and if I would have to handle that, idk how that would go.[/QUOT
At my store we always had 2 separate leads

Low volume, we have one tl to oversee market, starbucks, and food ave. It works if the person appointed tl has a good grasp of what each workcenter needs to function properly and/or experience in each workcenter.

It took a month or two for me to understand the order process. Mostly what products were most used in Starbucks. Now we are comping up in both departments. Managing the two can be exhausting. I have good trainers in SB and team members who can run Market when my attention is needed in Starbucks.

Kudos on the self sufficient team!

Some are separated and some aren’t, regardless of volume. I haven’t found any common factors between who gets a SBux/FS TL and who just has a Food TL

THIS. I heard from two different group leaders, in the same week, that:
a) Target is going to give food service it’s own TL (yay for us Food TLs), BUT ALSO
b) Target is moving towards combining food and food service under one leader.

I know this post has been dead for a few days but I had to say something. I hope Target gets this figured out sooner than later.

Food Service was being eliminated during remodels until the last round last year. Remodels so far this year keep all Food service open. Expect greater investment now that Stephanie Lundquist owns food.

As far as leadership goes in SuperTargets unless you do a ridiculous amount of sales (A+ or higher) you will have 1 TL for Food Srvs, Sbux, Deli and Bakery and 1 TL for Meat, Dairy and Frozen. Consumables is will be reassigned with a Pfresh assistant overseeing dry food.
For Pfresh the General Merchandise Lead will oversee Food/Hardlines. Food Service and Sbux will fall under the front end leader.
You will never again see one TL overseeing only 1 department.

Jesus Christ, one TL for all of grocery?
We have:
1 Sbux/Cafe TL
1 Produce TL
1 Deli TL
1 Bakery TL
1 Dry Grocery TL
1 Meat TL
1 Dairy Frozen TL
2 ETL Food
And we had 1 Sr. ETL Food but she left recently... man oh man.

Heard that Target may separate Starbucks and Market and have separate TLs for each like it used to be. Any body else heard about that?
We are modernized. We did go through a period of time where our Starbucks TL had to be the TL of Market (Grocery) too. It was too much of a stretch, however, to cover both areas. She couldn't do both 100%. They got another TL to share Market with her for a bit. Now they have completely separated both. We have a TL in Market/Grocery and a separate TL in Starbucks.

Jesus Christ, one TL for all of grocery?
We have:
1 Sbux/Cafe TL
1 Produce TL
1 Deli TL
1 Bakery TL
1 Dry Grocery TL
1 Meat TL
1 Dairy Frozen TL
2 ETL Food
And we had 1 Sr. ETL Food but she left recently... man oh man.
My store ain't that big, friend 😂

For Pfresh the General Merchandise Lead will oversee Food/Hardlines. Food Service and Sbux will fall under the front end leader.

all information I can find points to Food Service and Starbucks reporting to the Food and GM Leader, not the S&E Leader. though TBH I think Starbucks SHOULD be considered part of the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back